Has anyone on here ever won a SSC contest??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, if I post my wins, especially between both my Fiancee and I, you all might come for me. Lips=sealed.

Seriously, if I post my wins, especially between both my Fiancee and I, you all might come for me. Lips=sealed.

Yeah, I was a little hesitant about posting mine but I know there are a few people on here who blow me out of the water on wins. :)

Yeah, I was a little hesitant about posting mine but I know there are a few people on here who blow me out of the water on wins. :)

My list is larger than yours...so that should be enough for people to understand, lol. Just goes to show I have no life during Spook.

I've had pretty good luck and am very grateful to SSC. Several years ago I won a Christmas wish prize of a Lurtz PF and then more recently they granted a wish I made on behalf of my mother-in-law who was going through breast cancer and they sent her an Elvis PF!

I've never won any of the drawings or comment contests.

I've had pretty good luck and am very grateful to SSC. Several years ago I won a Christmas wish prize of a Lurtz PF and then more recently they granted a wish I made on behalf of my mother-in-law who was going through breast cancer and they sent her an Elvis PF!

I've never won any of the drawings or comment contests.

Everything okay now?

That was great of them to grant the wish.

Everything okay now?

That was great of them to grant the wish.

Yes, thanks for asking. She is in clear as much as you can be aware of I guess. Had to have a masectomy and go through the chemo and all of that but so far nothing new to be worried about.

Usually I hold back from entering contests that I don't desire the prize out of a sense of fairness even though I know I could sell the prize. When I first won the Lurtz it was pretty selfish. I didn't really have a good story. I just send SSC a goofy email saying my Christmas Wish was "have sweet revenge by capturing a PF Lurtz because he killed my favorite character." I had a legitimate desire to win the Elvis PF for my mominlaw because she LOVES Elvis to the point she keeps a cardboard cut out Elvis in her living room...:lol

But I haven't submitted any "wishes" since then out of a sense of let others have the go.

Anyone else do that or do you guys enter every contest?

Usually I hold back from entering contests that I don't desire the prize out of a sense of fairness even though I know I could sell the prize.

Anyone else do that or do you guys enter every contest?

When I first started with the contests, I entered them all. Never got me anywhere as I haven't one even 1. That's okay, though. However, these days I only enter for the ones I want. I figure, if I'm meant to win it, I will.

When I first started with the contests, I entered them all. Never got me anywhere as I haven't one even 1. That's okay, though. However, these days I only enter for the ones I want. I figure, if I'm meant to win it, I will.

Yeah. Its like saving up your karma for what your really want.

Man, I'll tell you though. I'm not the biggest SW clone fan, but the current prize is one of the best prizes they ever offer and it sure it tempting.

Exact same for me too. Back in the day entered EVERYTHING no matter what the prize was but now I will only enter if its something I really want. And since I got the Jack Sparrow PF in the Christmas Wish contest I haven't entered that one just to keep it fair.

I won one that was only posted on the Sideshow Freaks forum, but I've never won one of those contests they post on their website and facebook.

I've never won a "enter your name/email address/etc." contest either. I used to enter any of them, now I just stick to things that I really want.

All my wins have come from chat contests, Twitter and hidden site giveaways. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to contests and spent more hours than I'd like to admit sitting in front of the PC during Spooktacular with multiple browser windows going and F5'ing until my fingers hurt. :lol

Some of the noteable stuff I've won that I recall.
Qui-Gon 1:6th during a SSF/SS Comic-Con Party
New Nightmare Freddy at SS Booth in 2005
Galadriel PF during Spook
Dewback from being FB Fan of the week
Obi-Wan Mythos statue from SSF/SS Comic-Con Party in 2011

I've been very lucky with Sideshow!!
I won a Jabba the Hutt during Spooktacular a few years ago.
Then I won a Legendary Scale Stealth Iron Man bust during ComicCon.
And The Reaper during the Sideshow party at SDCC a couple of years ago!
Sideshow rocks!! :rock!

I've been pretty fortunate myself.

Hot Toys 1:6th Iron Man Mark II Exclusive
Sideshow 1:6th Star Wars Republic Clone Lieutenant Exclusive

Sideshow is darn generous.

Back