Has a video game ever made you cry?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has one ever got you to cry, or at least feel like you're going to?

• Total voters
lol you gotta be fricken kidding me!

Heh. Mostly a joke.

I say 'mostly' because, though I wouldn't immediately revoke the man-card of a grown man that cried at a video game, I would probably mock severely any guy I saw do it. Still ... its a warning or citation man-card offense at best. Suspension or revocation would only be for habitual offenders.

SnakeDoc

Heh. Mostly a joke.

I say 'mostly' because, though I wouldn't immediately revoke the man-card of a grown man that cried at a video game, I would probably mock severely any guy I saw do it. Still ... its a warning or citation man-card offense at best. Suspension or revocation would only be for habitual offenders.

SnakeDoc

I bet you cried like a little girl when Hector Williams died.

Yes, because I kept losing to the God damn game and not making it further. lol

I hate the game. It never ends, even if you're in a relationship. In fact, it takes the game to a whole 'nother level :stake

I bet you cried like a little girl when Hector Williams died.

Good reference ... The Unit doesn't get enough chatter. No, though. I'm just not a crier. My wife did. I'd probably pardon any man-card citation for shedding a tear at Hammerhead's ending. Maybe give it a funeral exemption. No blubbering, though. That'd be a separate offense.

SnakeDoc

The Last of Us's intro sequence. Talk about an emotional shift. You go from being absolutely terrified by the events around you as you play the game and then they break your damn heart with a moment so horrible and shocking I just put the controller down and sobbed. And then, you play the game and it gets worse.

Since a video game has never killed a close family member ... no.

18467__ron-swanson-pyramid-of-greatness-quotes3.jpg

SnakeDoc

This.

I'd say Red Dead Redemption prompted the most emotional response ever from me in a video game. I went full evil with John's son at the end and took revenge for my pa in the nastiest ways the game would allow.

Good reference ... The Unit doesn't get enough chatter. No, though. I'm just not a crier. My wife did. I'd probably pardon any man-card citation for shedding a tear at Hammerhead's ending. Maybe give it a funeral exemption. No blubbering, though. That'd be a separate offense.

SnakeDoc

Good name :clap. The Unit was an awesome show (aside from the annoying, nagging wives). I think I was more shocked and disappointed in Hector's death, than sad. When the dude finally got a girlfriend, they decide to finish him off with a sniper round a few episodes later :lol.

the ending to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

https://youtu.be/3FKCeOJ9Da0

It's amazing to think games have come this far that you get emotionally invested in it.

Think OP hit it on the head. Didnt tear up but had a feeling of sadness I had not had since my childhood. Ultimately I believe this is why MGS3 is my favorite game ever,dat emotional impact. Also Dont be Afraid and Way to Fall almost pushed me over the edge.:monkey2

at the end of rdr i was like "no...no...NO.." I even turned the system off mid ending to try n go back n line up all my shots except we dont get enough bullets to pull it off...i was so angry i was gonna make them.."REMEMBER MY FAMILY!"

Hell yes. Quite often, in fact. Off the top of my head:

Final Fantasy X
MGS 3 and 4
Mass Effect 3
Gears 3
Halo 4
Halo Reach
The Walking Dead
Red Dead Redemption

I'm sure there are others but those first three turn me into a blubbering mess every time.

I find a big component of it for me is music. Even in movies and TV, music is the key to my tear ducts. It's no coincidence all those games have phenomenal scores.

Appetizer of getting choked up : Red Dead's climax

Full on "what the hell why is this happening to me?" : The Walking Dead Episode 5's end

Last cut scene from Final Fantasy VII, i had simply had enough and was exhausted from fighting Sephiroth for 7 hours straight.

Back