HARRY POTTER characters headsculpts : interested anybody ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puremitch

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Opening this thread to ask if anybody would like 1:6 scale headsculpts of anybody particular in the Harry Potter movies, and then we could make up a list of interested people.

Exemple of characters :

- Severus Snape
- Dumbledore R Harris
- Dumbledore M Gambon
- Sirius Black
- McGonagall
- Neville Longbottom
- Luna Lovegood
- Bellatrix Lestrange
- Lucius Malfoy
- Draco Malfoy

- Harry Potter
- Hermione Granger
- Ron Weasley
they have been released as 12" by Neca, although if anybody is still interested, let us

- Any other characters are welcome, as long as there is a serious interest list, a sculptor might get these people into life :)

Post up your interesting list and I'll add your name under each name.

Last edited:
It depends - most of the characters I would want are the kids and so far I haven't really seen a body type that would fit them. I know someone has used the Mego body for a child figure, but I'm not sure that that would really work here. Also, I think the clothing would be a bit difficult to come by - certainly if you were trying to do the school uniforms. That said, I would love to have a Luna Lovegood figure in the 1/6 scale!

Biggest problem would be to find clothing for these guys, or having someone make them. Very expenssive I would think. Probably just best to wait for HT or someone else to pick up the license. Tonner's have been doing fairly well so hopefully a 1:6 company will take the hint.

Tonner have made good clothes for 1:6 but as long as the headsculpts are concerned, I think they're not good, they do not look like the characters, I have the Snape Tonner doll.

That's why I suggested the headsculpts of these guys, sometimes on eBay you can find full sets of clothes from Tonner dolls ;-)

I'm not sure about the Tonner headsculpts - I just ordered the Luna Lovegood (my first Tonner figure) and she should arrive on Monday so I'll have a better idea then. Aren't the Tonner figures much larger than 1/6 scale? All of the sites I checked list the size at 17" - much larger than the normal 12" for Sideshow etc. - Is that correct?

I'm absolutely not sure because I don't have any Sideshow figure yet.
Only GG and Neca stuff.
If you have got some, you might have a better comparision :)

Sure - as soon as I get her I'll let you know the size difference (if there is any). Though I'm pretty sure Tonner's stuff is larger

I got a couple of the Mattel figures for my kids a few years back and the outfits weren't too bad. Just need a body to fit them. Didn't DID make a youth body?
Was it any good?

Probably the Tonner are 1:4 but the heads really do not match the bodies.
The Tonner Snape Doll is out of proportion, compairing to the body, the head is as big as if he was a teenager :mad:

It should work out fine.
About Tonner it's just their mistake to have had such small bodies for adult models. I bet they use the same for Potter and all the teenager students.

I love HP and would be interested in HP figs, but I´m planning to do my own sculpts.

It would be nice to have some good HP figures, but as stated before the clothes would be hard to find or make in the proper proportions.

I agree samueljd - I'd def be down for the D.A. figures - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and Ginny; but I think the clothing is the biggest problem too. Also, I got the Luna Tonner doll and this thing is gifrantic - way, way, way out of scale! The one good thing about Tonner (maybe it is because the doll is so big) is that the clothing is really nice - it folds and falls just like real clothing - not like the Sideshow stuff I'm used to.

I agree samueljd - I'd def be down for the D.A. figures - Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and Ginny; but I think the clothing is the biggest problem too. Also, I got the Luna Tonner doll and this thing is gifrantic - way, way, way out of scale! The one good thing about Tonner (maybe it is because the doll is so big) is that the clothing is really nice - it folds and falls just like real clothing - not like the Sideshow stuff I'm used to.

That's good to hear about the Tonner dolls. I've not been interested in them myself, but I have noticed with the later releases, they are looking more and more like the actors in the head sculpt. The previous releases of Harry, Ron and Hermione looked somewhat off IMHO. The clothes do look amazing on them though, but Tonner is known for making the giant statuesque bodies with small pinheads and little feet and hands.

The only thing going for Tonner is that if they don't look like the actors, then they at least nailed the likeness from the book. ;) This goes for all of the HP merchandise as far as I am concerned.

Back