Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Movie SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be seeing this for a third time within the next week. I think a third viewing should do it for me. Until I'm ready for a fourth viewing of course.

I will be seeing this for a third time within the next week. I think a third viewing should do it for me. Until I'm ready for a fourth viewing of course.

I've only seen it once, but I'm contemplating whether or not I want to see it one more time in theaters. I think once some of the hype dies down, I will.

Same, I'm seeing it this weekend for the 3rd time since it will have been out two weeks since it came out and I can use my free pass! woo!

Same, I'm seeing it this weekend for the 3rd time since it will have been out two weeks since it came out and I can use my free pass! woo!

We got an Alamo gc from Jenn's work as a thank you. So we have a bit left on it. Will pay for the tickets and use the GC for dinner. I love the Alamo Drafthouse.

I've been reading the articles that Yahoo has been putting up, and they rather make me laugh.

One said how Captain America bests Potter. Cap's opening weekend made just a tad over $68 million, while Potters second weekend was $48+ million. I was thinking...you fools! That just makes you look stupid. The opening weekend made a new record. Obviously it will slow a bit, and this was it's second weekend still making almost as much as another films first. And it's still doing decently (potter that is) in the numbers. I read another one as well, that said something along the same lines but it just made me laugh.

Here's a bit of a Yahoo article:
The Warner Bros. film declined 72 percent from its record $169.2 million domestic opening to just $47.4 million.

Yes people, to 'just' $47.4 million. Because that is higher than some movies openings, and it's 'just.' I realize Potter is huge and all, but if you look at it's first numbers, I don't think they have anything to 'just' about.

I loved this movie. wouldn't say it's the best one for sure but it's up there. I still think The Order Of The Pheonix is my favorite.

Definitely one of mine. Would have been better had we actually seen the fight that was going on in the castle when the Death Eaters arrived.

I loved this movie. wouldn't say it's the best one for sure but it's up there. I still think The Order Of The Pheonix is my favorite.
I just watched Order of The Pheonix yesterday for the first time and it's deffinitely my favorite now.. Haven't seen either of the Hallows yet, though.

We got an Alamo gc from Jenn's work as a thank you. So we have a bit left on it. Will pay for the tickets and use the GC for dinner. I love the Alamo Drafthouse.

I've been reading the articles that Yahoo has been putting up, and they rather make me laugh.

One said how Captain America bests Potter. Cap's opening weekend made just a tad over $68 million, while Potters second weekend was $48+ million. I was thinking...you fools! That just makes you look stupid. The opening weekend made a new record. Obviously it will slow a bit, and this was it's second weekend still making almost as much as another films first. And it's still doing decently (potter that is) in the numbers. I read another one as well, that said something along the same lines but it just made me laugh.

Here's a bit of a Yahoo article:

Yes people, to 'just' $47.4 million. Because that is higher than some movies openings, and it's 'just.' I realize Potter is huge and all, but if you look at it's first numbers, I don't think they have anything to 'just' about.

People are silly. I would say it has a chance of returning to number 1.
:pray:

That AVclub article was a fun read and they made a lot of very good points. One think I generally disagree with is this part:

Unseen Deaths: It makes the deaths feel more arbitrary and less meaningful, as if Rowling got a taste for blood and wanted to up the body count without doing the dirty work of actually killing her characters in a memorable way.

I interpreted it more that in a war a lot of people die and its not always glamorous or even significant to the overall effort how it happened. I thought it was an interesting contrast that some deaths of less important characters
Spoiler Spoiler:
Recieved a lot of attention and other more prominent ones
Spoiler Spoiler:
were just reported and then the story moved on.

Last edited:
The death of
Spoiler Spoiler:
was far more effective to me than
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree on that point as well... just because you don't see the death or characters mourning doesn't mean the impact is less. I felt that way for the film and the book.

I'd love to see the offscreen deaths, but I feel like keeping them off screen gives it more impact. It gives you a more realistic feeling imo because you rarely get to see people die. It's just they're there, then...they're not.

So, Is anyone going to try to get into the Pottermore beta on the 31st?

It's most likely going to be a internet scavenger hunt, and prolly going to be crazy hard.

So if anyone else is going to try. . . its going to be much easier if we do it together.

So, Is anyone going to try to get into the Pottermore beta on the 31st?

It's most likely going to be a internet scavenger hunt, and prolly going to be crazy hard.

So if anyone else is going to try. . . its going to be much easier if we do it together.

Yes, I will be!

I don't know if you guys are into collecting imported DVD sets but there is a pretty cool set coming from France
[ame="https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B005EOU9LW/ref=s9_pop_gw_ir04/276-2901841-0034329?pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1NXBDTSMXR316WF7G6H2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=171732807&pf_rd_i=405320"]https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B005EOU9LW/ref=s9_pop_gw_ir04/276-2901841-0034329?pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1NXBDTSMXR316WF7G6H2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=171732807&pf_rd_i=405320[/ame]

Really expensive right now but hopefully the price will go down. I wonder what we'll get here in the States. Something epic I hope:pray:

Last edited:
Back