1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B4C16619-A0A5-482F-B286-94F6E1060276.jpeg

Got mine today. Really happy with it, probably in part because I used $100 in RPs on it. Wouldn’t be as happy at nearly $300 after shipping. It’s better quality than I thought it would be. Light up functions are really nice. It really stands out great in the display too. I’d definitely say go for it if you can get a good deal on it.

Still on the fence with this one since I have the Jabba Carbonite Environment. Question to those that have both, which do you prefer? Is this one worth replacing the environment with? I do like the light up features and the Bespin base. But I'm not 100% sold at the cost of it. Kinda torn on which way to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Still on the fence with this one since I have the Jabba Carbonite Environment. Question to those that have both, which do you prefer? Is this one worth replacing the environment with? I do like the light up features and the Bespin base. But I'm not 100% sold at the cost of it. Kinda torn on which way to go.

Me too. Ideally I'd just like to upgrade the carbonite block on my Jabba wall but the cost of it with the base and all is too much.

I just got mine last night - I know the price is steep but if you have been clamoring for a proper carbonite block like me, this is it. I feel like the details up close look a lot softer than the prototype they put out at Comic Con, but it's still pretty amazing. I understand no articulation and all, but the block has a lot of weight, magnets are strong, the lights look great and it photographs amazingly well.

I did notice there were differences in the factory finish, so I might grab the Tamiya dry brush like a review had done here to give it that extra "pop." Totally worth it everyone!

Finally got mine. Been waiting so long I think he's defrosted in the box. Couldn't open it yet but will later.

I'm likely going to just build a Jabba palace wall. I build a Cantina shown here so I'll stucco it the same.
IMG_2238.jpg

looks great. I remember when I picked up the ss version for discount and free shipping back in the day it was a no brainer. I don't know what those go on the after market nowadays. maybe next month I will shoot for this han in carbonite as it looks sweet.

Here's an exciting photo lmao I just had to post.

I guess it just like other 1/6 scale piece with plastic and such. I think it's just fine. It's more of the total piece that I think is feeling cheap to many with how the other one came with a wall. I'll be building a wall so I'm good.

IMG_7693.JPG

I think I'm going to sell my Jabba wall and get this.

Then build a new wall.

A better wall.

And I'm going to make the Jawas pay for that wall!

Whoa, too far...

Are you really thinking of selling the Jabba's Palace one? Or was that just part of the set-up. :lol

Yes, really considering it. Not sure because I don't have a lot of free time to take up a diorama project right now.

I got carried away.

Is the actual block removable from the first one or is it fixed? Curious to see the blocks side by side as others have mentioned.

I'm hoping the original will go down in price with this new one out--would love to have that with a new Boushh one day. But I'm also a sucker for light-up features.

Is the actual block removable from the first one or is it fixed? I'm hoping they go down in price with this new one out--one love to have that with a new Boushh one day. But I'm also a sucker for light-up features.

Yes, the block is removable from the wall. I haven't checked prices on it but figured I could get the new Carbonite and still have some extra for another figure.

Is the actual block removable from the first one or is it fixed? Curious to see the blocks side by side as others have mentioned.

I'm hoping the original will go down in price with this new one out--would love to have that with a new Boushh one day. But I'm also a sucker for light-up features.

From what I remember (sold mine a couple of years ago) it just had kind of a nail extending from out of the back of the polystone block and you just hooked that into this rough hole in the Jabba wall to "fix" it. Seemed a bit rough from memory.

It always amazed me that they did lights for that Jabba arch section - where it really didn't need it - but for the carbonite set where lights were so crucial (the block itself and the bottom lighting that shines up onto the block) they left them out.

From what I remember (sold mine a couple of years ago) it just had kind of a nail extending from out of the back of the polystone block and you just hooked that into this rough hole in the Jabba wall to "fix" it. Seemed a bit rough from memory.

It always amazed me that they did lights for that Jabba arch section - where it really didn't need it - but for the carbonite set where lights were so crucial (the block itself and the bottom lighting that shines up onto the block) they left them out.

That arch had lights?!? The lack of lights is the only thing I don't like about the wall. Which is why I'd rather build my own. Dumb design choices.

That arch had lights?!? The lack of lights is the only thing I don't like about the wall. Which is why I'd rather build my own. Dumb design choices.

Go figure. Both the wall damage (or whatever it supposed to be) and the console lit up.

It's exactly the kind of thing that would have brought the Carbonite set to life

14.jpg

For those that are on the fence like me that own the Jabba Carbonite and wondering if you want to get the new one a guy just posted comparison images on Facebook. I think I've made up my mind on if I'm getting the new one or not. It's pretty obvious.... FB_IMG_1509125264938.jpgFB_IMG_1509125270635.jpgFB_IMG_1509125395382.jpgFB_IMG_1509125397889.jpg

Back