1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took this at NYCC today. I thought Han looks pretty close to the correct scale. "Maybe", 5-10% too small, but not too noticeable. SSC couldn't tell me if it was a proto or production though...? Sorry, not the best pic, but it was really crowded and narrow. They have a very small space compared to SDCC.

20171005_104808_1507249972500_resized.jpg

Took this at NYCC today. I thought Han looks pretty close to the correct scale. "Maybe", 5-10% too small, but not too noticeable. SSC couldn't tell me if it was a proto or production though...? Sorry, not the best pic, but it was really crowded and narrow. They have a very small space compared to SDCC.

View attachment 369997

Thanks for sharing. I'm strongly leaning towards getting this figure. I'm hoping SS sends out a coupon soon; that would probably get me to go ahead and purchase it.

Has to be the proto at NYCC. I too received the Oct 19th Processing email.

The wallet is getting hit hard, come mid-October:

Disguise Jynn : Oct 17th
Ripley : Oct 17th
Han in Carb: Oct 19th

The bounty hunters look good there. Sort of makes me wish I was collecting them. I might grab Bossk because I've always liked his look. Han in carbonite looks pretty decent too but I'm still waiting for a review. One thing that still kills it for me though is the price is way too high for what it is.

I really wish this was poly stone WITH the electronics. So not inclined because it’s plastic. Maybe in-hand will render this one a sell out, but gotta stay strong and wait and see.

I really wish this was poly stone WITH the electronics. So not inclined because it’s plastic. Maybe in-hand will render this one a sell out, but gotta stay strong and wait and see.

I lot of people said that about the Luke Snowspeeder and it sold out before it even shipped. It's likely there'll be a V.2 but that'll be ship end of next year. Han Carb might go the same way, even with the similarly crazy price and issues.

Dale from Australia just posted this over on the One Sixth Galaxies Facebook group. The block looks maybe a smidge on the small side, but I think it'll look OK displayed with the bounty hunters. Just don't have a Han Solo figure standing directly next to it!!

01.jpg

Another pic from front on. With the figure in front, the height diff is more pronounced due to perspective. Who knows, could the HT Han Solo figure be too tall?! I can never tell with these 1/6th figures where the scale is never perfect. I think I'll just have mine displayed with Boba and the rest of the ESB bounty hunter troupe, so it should look decent on display that way.

01.jpg

Block is only supposed to be 6'-8" tall in total (and HF was supposedly 6' to 6'-1",) so it's probably close.

The other issue is the body they cast for the body-shape wasn't HF's so could have been shorter.

It's sad they went with all the big stands and metal posts because this really should have been a $130-150 basic item with a clear rod stand, even with the simple light-up feature. It's really a pity that EVERYTHING needs to be a $220-250+ item these days, no matter how simple it really is.

A decade ago SSC would offer those expansion packs like the Salacious Crumb set of figs or Holochess board/pieces for $35-50 - figures that still look great and were an amazing value.

Back