HALO Spartans - Red & Blue Team Leader - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other thing I noticed. On my Master Chief PF, the neon blue paint on the Needler is crisp and tight like it was painted with a brush which is how it should be. On both the Red and Blue Spartan Needler's, the neon blue paint is sloppy like it was just sprayed with an airbrush. Has anyone else noticed this?

Opened my red on Wednesday. Has a few small chips so I'll be emailing CS for a partial credit at least. Overall I'm a little underwhelmed by it. The base is a turd and I think the paintwork is a bit lazy. If I'm not happy with the credit SS offers I'll likely just send it back. The aftermarket sales numbers aren't anything to rave about so I don't think it's worth hanging on to to flip.

complete...

spartan1.jpg

complete...

spartan1.jpg

Nice!

I don't have the Red, but the guns you chose are exactly how I chose to display my MC and Blue Leader. Rifle on Chief, Needler on Blue, so if I had Red he would've gotten the pistol. I liked how the Needler's color contrasted with Blue.

12917728763_674446ce34_z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

I don't have the Red, but the guns you chose are exactly how I chose to display my MC and Blue Leader. Rifle on Chief, Needler on Blue, so if I had Red he would've gotten the pistol. I liked how the Needler's color contrasted with Blue.

12917728763_674446ce34_z.jpg

Yep exactly, great minds think alike. You should take the red off hexic since he's returning it.:wink1:

Red's boxed up and going back tomorrow. Looks weird by himself and wasn't blown away by the paint job.

I really don't have an issue with the paint on this statue series, all 3 looked great.

Was really worried they will mess up the visor as almost all other releases do, but it was perfect on all 3

What kind if partial credit refunds are you guys being offered? I have issues with both my red and blue Spartans. The red isn't too bad, small chip on the elbow and scratch on the assault rifle.
The blue however is a mess!
At least 10 different paint chips, one of the arms has a lot of green undercoat showing through a big glue stain on the thigh and weird black marks and fluff on the needler which could be mould.
There are no replacements left and I was offered the same partial refund for each which isn't much.
I'd hate to lose out on the complete trilogy as I can't bear to keep the blue, I would keep the red but without the blue what's the point?

Might as well return both. Unless sideshow can offer me a Better deal..

I really regret buying the Red Leader statue. Mine's still MISB, and looking at the eBay listings, I doubt I can even get cost plus shipping back on this piece. These poor statues have to be two of the biggest LE100 duds on the aftermarket ever.

Both my Red and Blue are going back. They don't have replacement parts and for $400 a piece I don't love them enough to look the other way with the issues I have. I wasn't offered a discount which I probably wouldn't have accepted anyway since they usually don't offer much.

I really regret buying the Red Leader statue. Mine's still MISB, and looking at the eBay listings, I doubt I can even get cost plus shipping back on this piece. These poor statues have to be two of the biggest LE100 duds on the aftermarket ever.

I'm so glad I was able to send mine back for a refund. The only way to go on these is owning all three, and for most I think a $1200 Halo shrine is just unreasonable. I didn't see any future upside to hanging on to mine.

I love my Red and if you bought it to flip it I feel for you but those are the breaks when u gamble. As for the statue itself it has a ton of presence and just looks badass IMO.

Agreed. I think this has amazing presence, in fact, so much precense that I'm having a hard time finding display room..=/ They're boxed up not even being displayed because of space. I love them I just have no room. So that's why I'm looking to sell mine.

I love my Red and if you bought it to flip it I feel for you but those are the breaks when u gamble. As for the statue itself it has a ton of presence and just looks badass IMO.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

has a lot of green undercoat showing through

Horrid.
First I was disappointed in them be repaints.
Now I am really disappointed that there were not even 200 set aside to be painted those colors, but to paint "over" the green to create them is just seems lame and lazy to me.

Good thing all I needed was the Chief himself and not RvB also.

Theres no green showing through on my blue team leader.......my YouTube channel is dieseltya......take a look he's perfect

Back