Statue Gwen Stacy Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure! pretty easy, had some 1/2 inch mdf scrap laying around, took less than 10 minutes. Used a roll of duct tape to trace a circle, nailed two pieces of mdf together with a nail gun- 4 shots inside the circle, cut it out on the band saw and routed it (nail marks on bottom). Then just some black paint and clear coat.

:fireworks

I hope someone can answer this, I was making sure cause it seems unnecessary, but does Gwen's back leg hover above the base? Like is it meant to look like she's walking? I ask because her feet aren't both planted firmly on the base.

I hope someone can answer this, I was making sure cause it seems unnecessary, but does Gwen's back leg hover above the base? Like is it meant to look like she's walking? I ask because her feet aren't both planted firmly on the base.

Both feet touch the base on mine.

received mine yesterday...and popped it open today.
very cool.

everything seems ship shape...there's a tiny spot on the seem of the hair that was left white...and I might touch it up....it could almost have been done intentionally but I'd guess it's just a very thin line on the side seem that missed paint....it's right by her ear (like the side burn hair basically) but just the VERY thin side of that/

any idea what the basic hair color would be considered and what type of paint would be the best to use to hit that spot?

any help would be awesome!

lighting in my studio at night pretty much sucks without some work...so I just snapped this really fast in an "arty" way/...will post some better pics tomorrow when the light is better.

great piece though. I only got this one so far. Not going for MJ and the Spidey wasn't really my thing either...we'll see as the line progresses...to me Gwen captured Jeff's work perfectly

20140624_231518sts.jpg

sure! pretty easy, had some 1/2 inch mdf scrap laying around, took less than 10 minutes. Used a roll of duct tape to trace a circle, nailed two pieces of mdf together with a nail gun- 4 shots inside the circle, cut it out on the band saw and routed it (nail marks on bottom). Then just some black paint and clear coat.

:fireworks

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

You're right she looks amazing.

I am actually surprised as to how pale she looks compared to MJ. Didn't really notice it until I got her in person. But they are a beauty. Can't wait for Felicia! :impatient:

It is such a cliche in this hobby, but the pictures don't do her justice in the slightest. Great paint and great sculpt, and I hammered on the sculpt early on

You're right she looks amazing.

I am actually surprised as to how pale she looks compared to MJ. Didn't really notice it until I got her in person. But they are a beauty. Can't wait for Felicia! :impatient:

It is such a cliche in this hobby, but the pictures don't do her justice in the slightest. Great paint and great sculpt, and I hammered on the sculpt early on

My mom hates my collection (to be fair she saw some of my bombshells and Ivy PF and thought they are so over-sexualized), and she actually was like, "Wow, she is beautiful. You should definitely keep her".

Don't get me wrong, I like pale girls, but damn if I don't say Gwen is the most gorgeous piece in my possession ATM.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

thank you thank you :lecture

Actually had an idea I'll have to try when I get back in town. Think I'll run to hobby lobby and see if they have some shag carpet material and glue that to the top of the base... turn MJ into a PF haha

Back