Guy gets yelled at by a Prius lady for having a diesel truck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once had a woman come up to me in a mall parking lot complaining about how I had used my remote starter to warm up my car in the dead of winter.

She was just pissed she didnt have remote start.

Seeing 10+ a day in LA yeah thats easy I bet you say 100+ SUVs, lots of BMW, Benz Audis. Yes there are a lot in LA but they are still a very small percentage of cars in LA.

Oh so you just think its ok to throw things at us.

Lol I was about to say. In the Bay we got rice rockets and SUV's to galore!

Hahaha ____, the 8 months I lived in LA all I saw was prius'. I didn't go a day without seeing at least 10+. Carpool lanes and tax breaks I would assume.

OMFG!!! 10+ a day out of millions of cars, WOW, really?! :dunno :rolleyes:

While I don't agree with mfoga's stance on motorists vs. bicyclists, he's absolutely right when he says the Prius (in Cali) was purchased more as an excuse to ride 1-per car in the carpool lanes than for it's "green" contributions.

Last edited:
green-earth.gif

...is the new...

how-to-draw-the-soviet-union-flag-tutorial-drawing.jpg

:dance

I'm confused by people calling her a redneck, when the opposite is clearly true - those she "confronted" were more redneck than she. I agree with her sentiments, though she went about it all the wrong way. Seems like she really snapped that day. Cursing in front of children like that is uncalled for. That being said, I do absolutely hate big vehicles, especially those that clearly serve no purpose other than to be owning a big ass truck. At least this guy owns farm, though.

I'm confused by people calling her a redneck, when the opposite is clearly true - those she "confronted" were more redneck than she. I agree with her sentiments, though she went about it all the wrong way. Seems like she really snapped that day. Cursing in front of children like that is uncalled for. That being said, I do absolutely hate big vehicles, especially those that clearly serve no purpose other than to be owning a big ass truck. At least this guy owns farm, though.

I guess big vehicles are common here. However, we get plenty of snow. I have no problem with it. When my wife gets a new car it will be an SUV. I want the safest transportation possible for my little one.

The lady is just a crazy _____.

I guess big vehicles are common here. However, we get plenty of snow. I have no problem with it. When my wife gets a new car it will be an SUV. I want the safest transportation possible for my little one.

The lady is just a crazy _____.

You might be a redneck. :lecture:lecture:lecture

There are some interesting statistics and analysis on both sides of the argument whether "bigger" = "safer".

You can do the reading yourself to be sure. My personal opinion from reading various reports is that bigger does not mean safer for the actual occupents of the SUV.

Recent findings say that if you find a SUV with better stability control your safety drastically gets better, but if you skimp on a truck or SUV and don't get better stability you increase the danger by a lot.

There are some interesting statistics and analysis on both sides of the argument whether "bigger" = "safer".

You can do the reading yourself to be sure. My personal opinion from reading various reports is that bigger does not mean safer for the actual occupents of the SUV.

Recent findings say that if you find a SUV with better stability control your safety drastically gets better, but if you skimp on a truck or SUV and don't get better stability you increase the danger by a lot.

I can say this. I had a 2004 Ford Explorer and loved it in the snow.

That said you are right. To me bigger becomes less "safe" when a moron is behind the wheel, thinking they can drive like a bat out of hell in horrible weather because they have a truck.

That said you are right. To me bigger becomes less "safe" when a moron is behind the wheel, thinking they can drive like a bat out of hell in horrible weather because they have a truck.

That's my biggest issue with people who drive "big" vehicles be it good weather or not. Thinking they can just do whatever they want because they have a "big" vehicle.

Depends on who's doing the testing. Most crash testing is still done with a ram that's the size of a car, not a truck or SUV. So given the majority of vehicles on the road are shifting in that direction, normal statistics might be highly inaccurate.

Some of the statistics are real world stats like death and injury rates and so on, not just testing.

Obviously SUVs and trucks are more prone to rollovers, though they are safer in normal crashes.

That said, drivers of SUVs are more likely to injure others when at fault.

I know most people think they'll never be the cause of a wreck, but its something to consider.

I know I wouldn't live with myself if I killed someone. I kinda weigh that into my decision of what I drive, anyway. Whenever I drive a truck for business or moving stuff I am always like 3 times more careful than normal. Not sure everyone does that when it becomes routine to be driving a tank around the neighborhood kids and stuff.

Some of the statistics are real world stats like death and injury rates and so on, not just testing.

Obviously SUVs and trucks are more prone to rollovers, though they are safer in normal crashes.

That said, drivers of SUVs are more likely to injure others when at fault.

I know most people think they'll never be the cause of a wreck, but its something to consider.

I know I wouldn't live with myself if I killed someone. I kinda weigh that into my decision of what I drive, anyway.

It's different when you have kids though. You want to put them in the safest environment possible. And despite the fact that I've been trained in tactical driving, that still doesn't compensate for the general idiots out there who shouldn't even be driving period. You could be the best driver in the world and that won't protect you from some ****** _____ texting and t-boning your car because they didn't see the red.

Back