Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to own some really nice guns. I spent 7 years working for a local pawn shop. But business went under and needed the money so i sold everything. Finally getting back on my feet but its hard to serve 2 masters. Been collecting Hot Toys for the last year and finally started replacing a few of my guns. Currently have a Maverick 12ga a Bushmaster 5.56 and just picked up a GSG-5. Can't wait to hit the local range on my next day off.

P1X4R - Have you taken that RRA pistol to the range yet? Would you mind giving me a your review of it?

not yet. i probably won't get to it for at least a couple of weeks. pending weather and work schedule. as soon as i do i will definitely give you guys a review of it.

future accessories include a sling mount, trijicon reflex sight, and front laser. i'm going to get rid of the iron sights. it's more of a CQB weapon anyway.

congrats darkknight on your first gun! looks like that'll be a great target pistol. wow, 2 weeks waiting period! CA is _only_ 10 days.

btw, i'm looking into applying for an 03 FFL (C&R) and COE licenses. from what i've read i can be exempt from the 1 handgun per 30 days rule. this also includes modern handguns!

i have a few guns. WWII rifle my Dad left, old octagon barrel 22 (1910 i think), some antique pistols, and 1 civil war replica. been thinking of selling some but not sure where/how. don't wanna go the antique mall route. eBay won't allow them. i heard that i could sell them online and ship thru the mail as long as they were antiques

This is my baby, I have went through alot of hanguns, but nothing could replace my USP.

IMG_3865.jpg

Beautiful USP.:drool Is that a Tactical? I've never seen one with a two tone finish before. The USP Compact .45, and Kimber Warrior are two of my dream guns I would love to own some day.

It is not a tactical. It is the regular version with a stainless steel slide, threaded Jarvis barrel, and a Doc-rak magazine base. I was going to get a can for it, filled out all the paper work, but never pulled the trigger.

I purchased my 1st pistol yesterday, at first I wanted a HK45 but decided to get something cheaper and ended up with the Ruger Mark III Competition. Now the 2 weeks wait begins.:banghead
View attachment 23210

Theres a 14-day wait on the handguns but the rifles you can take right now:D

You should ve bought a rifle just to hear him say that:lol

collection update:

- Sold my Socom 16 and Kimber 1911 to a friend.
- Put down on layaway two M1A's (stainless Loaded and Scout Squad) and three pistols (FNH FNP9, Glock 34, and Sig P232).

i also have four other handguns that are with my FFL but will have to wait every 30 days to get them one at a time. i've applied for an 03FFL license and COE to get around this hopefully soon. :)

looking at two more to add (HK USP .45 full and Springfield XD9 sub-compact) and i'll be finally done. or am i? for now. :D

I have been looking everywhere for 3040 krag ammo, but can't find it anywhere.

Any of you gun nuts know where I can get some?

You might have to go over to the gun nuts thread to find gun nuts. Doesn't seem to be anyone in this thread but collectors.:D

I got my nice tax refund last week and decide to spend some of it on a nice new toy. I'm kind of having a hard time deciding on which to get so I want to know what you guys think based on if you own one or both, or at the least fired one.
I've been wanting one of each for a couple years now, but I can only get one right now.

Here's what I want:
Either a Sig 226 Navy edition or a HK USP compact (9mm or .40)

Back