Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys and gals!

New to the site and I know this thred is old but does anyone know where I can get the picatinny mount show it this picture obove for my marlin 60. it mounts near the end of the stock and alows for hook up on either side of the barrel. I have been searching everywhere and cant find anything!

thanks

Did you join the forum just for the gun thread??? Dave will be thrilled! :)

That picatinny rail system is made by Leapers. It is a barrel mounted tri-rail. You can find more info here...

https://www.leapers.com/prod_detail...level2=&itemno=MNT-BR101TR-A&status=&mtrack=m

If you want more info about the gun, just hop over to the original thread about it here...

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266841&highlight=tactical+marlin

I recently picked up a SIG 522 and have been having a blast with it. My eight year old has already called dibs on it.

The folding stock makes it very convenient for smaller cases, when heading to the range.

Have had no feeding issues and it's actually pretty accurate. HIGHLY recommend it as a "Tactical Plinker"... ;)

I Threw an Aimpoint M2 on it and will try swapping it out with an EOTech the next time, just for _____s & giggles.

No pics but it looks like this one:

A little weekend fun... except it was about 106º out...

391652241.jpg

391652240.jpg

391651689.jpg

That looks awesome Q. Love the gear.
As far as 1911 pistols go, what would you guys recommend mid-end?

Started a thread in Other Topics, didn't realize there was one here in the GI Joe section :slap; anyway living in Nevada I am fortunate enough to be able to attain just about anything.

Currently I have three .22 rifles for plunking, my son is 8 and is just now being entrusted with one - with close supervision of course, and a VERY cool 30 round banana mag :lol. I have a 12 gauge as well, mostly for home defense; but my main loves are my two Springfield XD handguns. I have the .45 Tactical (5") and a subcompact 9 mm for my CCW.

Now I am looking at getting THIS

:yess:

Long story short, while I have always loved firearms I may be using more expendable income their way instead of SS .... :panic:

That's a sweet weapon Q...can't wait to get out to the range myself. Next time I go I'll let the wife experience firing a shotgun and a weapon on full-auto for her first time. :rock

That looks awesome Q. Love the gear.
As far as 1911 pistols go, what would you guys recommend mid-end?

As with anything, you are bound to get a dozen different answers to this question. I went through the same search a year ago, and eventually went with the Springfield arms Mil-Spec. It is their mid-level 1911, a step above the G.I. model and a step below the custom jobbies they offer.

I highly recommend Springfield arms 1911's. Not just because they are quality firearms, but because the support they offer after purchase is amazing. They have a lifetime warranty. If you someday want to upgrade your Mil-Spec model to a custom firearm, they have a custom department that will do the mods for you.

Check out this forum where you can do a lot of reading before you buy... https://forums.1911forum.com/

That's my opinion anyway. You can see my 1911 in the lower left corner of this pic...

guns1.jpg

I have an 1873 US Springfield. I'll have to see about posting some pics of it. I don't know if anyone is into antique firearms or not. But, I plan on adding something a bit more modern in the near future too :wink1:

Studio49, are those Ruger revolvers? i'm wanting a .357 GP100 (GP-141) in Blued finish. :monkey5

They sure are. The top is the 4" GP100 and the bottom is the 6" GP100, both in .357/38. Both are full lug, and if I run out of bullets, they are heavy enough to be effective throwing weapons. :)

The grips on both are upgrade Hogue "Tamers" which feature a shock absorbing foam pad on the inside of the grip along the backstrap. Recoil is virtually unfelt, and they can be fired all day long enjoyably. I also upgraded the sights on both to Williams fire sights.

The revolver in the lower part of the center of the photo is also a Ruger. It is the 5 shot SP101 chambered in .357/38. It has a Crimson Trace laser grip and is my concealed carry weapon.

I am in love with Ruger revolvers. Is your heart set on the blued finish? Because, as you can see I highly recommend the stainless.

very impressive! i almost bought a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull but ended up getting a S&W 460v which is a hoot to shoot! i definitely want to add a .357 into the collection. weight is no problem for me. i actually prefer it. it definitely helps with recoil.

stainless is always nice but i want something different this time. i'm wondering which one to get now. 4" or 6". it wouldn't be for CCW. i could never obtain one in my state anyway. is the felt recoil a big difference between them?

1702.jpg

1704.jpg

Definitely get the 6" then. The extra weight makes muzzle flip a non-issue. There are people out there who conceal carry the 4" model, but I don't understand why when there are so many better small revolvers out there for that purpose.

I bought mine back when the grips were made of hard rubber with a wood insert. I never really liked the grips, so I was interested when they started selling them with Hogue rubber grips installed. I was going to buy a set of the stock Hogue grips, but Hogue also offered the Tamers for a few dollars more. I didn't really think the grips would make that much difference, but I was really surprised how much that extra chunk of foam absorbed the shock. The gun went from a fun .357 kick, to a light punch like a .22

I know what you mean about wanting something different. I go back and forth between blued and ss on every gun purchase. My next 1911 will be blued and my next Beretta 92fs will be Inox.

i love the Hogue grip on my Smith. it's very easy to grip comfortably. definitely needed when shooting cannonballs from that gun!

yeah, i kind of regret not getting the longer barrel. i'll get the 6" Ruger next. thanks for your insight.

i'm hoping to get out to the range in the next couple of weeks. i plan on bringing my camera to take videos. can't wait! :)

this looks like a lot of fun!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CLLAKnVej9o?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CLLAKnVej9o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

at night!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aiW_EMgJUwo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aiW_EMgJUwo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back