Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not yet shot this pistol because I must first finished the paperwork here but the trigger is much much better then my old CZ-SP01.
And it is for now the only one in the Netherland and they are making a review in a magazine from this pistol.

I have not yet shot this pistol because I must first finished the paperwork here but the trigger is much much better then my old CZ-SP01.
And it is for now the only one in the Netherland and they are making a review in a magazine from this pistol.

Nice! Your P-09 is famous! :D :clap

tough choice but id probably go with the G17 due to more familiarity with the platform.

A new CZ P-09 Duty in 9mm.
2zqcsxd.jpg
Keep us posted and give a personal review of this one as I have the P07, and wouldn't mind getting one of these to go with it.

That's an awesome pistol.

I wish the P-07 was good to go in CA. It's basically the same pistol chambered in .40 cal.
They also make the P07 in 9mm.

It's a sweet pistol. I just picked mine up last week, and finally got it out to the range. Definitely going to replace my Glock/M&P carry pistol.

2z9ayo3.jpg

Gen4 G17 or m&p 9 pro series 5"?

Well, functionally there's not much difference. My M&P feels much nicer than the Glock, but I'm not a Glock fan. The ones I've shot have never left me with a great impression. The trigger on the M&P feels a little bit "mushy" imo. It has very little recoil and is pretty forgiving, but I don't think it's the most accurate gun. It shoots good enough for my skill level. It's also the gun I give my fiance to shoot. The grip is nice and the different back straps do offer some customization. I don't think it's the easiest gun to strip. You have to move some little levers around and they can be difficult to reach, but it cleans up very easy. I've never taken apart a Glock.

I also think the XD is worth a look for a striker in 9. I would get an XD before the glock if I wanted a different striker pistol.

ANOTHER MAJOR RECALL.

Despite wanting one really badly I have yet to actually see one in person, and this could be a huge setback for this firearm company if they can't get this problem fixed.

This is the third recall of a major line of pistols in less than a month’s period.

Both Smith and Wesson’s M&P Shield and Springfield’s XDS pistols were recalled in recent weeks.

Now Caracal has announced a FULL recall of all Caracal “C” model pistols.

According to the company, there is no fix available for this issue and all pistols are to be returned for a full refund.

Here is a copy of the press release from the company. You can click here to read the PDF issued by the company.

UPDATE
Caracal Model C Pistol Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

Caracal International LLC previously instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on March 28, 2013 for batchnumbers from SC188- to SC222.

Caracal is now issuing this recall of all Model C pistols in all markets, following the completion of a full investigation. Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the safety of its customers is paramount.

This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but not limited to those with serial numbers which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS.

If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your Model C pistol returned. Caracal will provide you with a full refund of the purchase price of your Caracal Model C pistol or vouchers for other Caracal products.

Unfortunately, the potential safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C pistols must be returned for refund.

Step 1 – Please contact customer care in accordance with the below details and provide your name, address, telephone number and details of your purchase.

For USA Customers
Contact us at +205-655-7050 or [email protected]

For International Customers
Additional numbers will be published shortly; however please contact us on [email protected] in the interim.

If you have sold or transferred your Caracal Model C pistol to any other person, we ask you to please contact us in any event and provide us with the name and contact information for the person to whom you sold any Model C Pistolso that we may alsonotify that personof this recall.

Step 2 – Customer care will contact you to arrange for a refund in accordance with the above.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Thank you.

Caracal International LLC

Wow. So, this could easily be one of the most severe gun recalls in the history of the industry.

https://gunssavelives.net/gun-indus...istols-permanently-recalled-no-fix-available/

ANOTHER MAJOR RECALL.

Despite wanting one really badly I have yet to actually see one in person, and this could be a huge setback for this firearm company if they can't get this problem fixed.

https://gunssavelives.net/gun-indus...istols-permanently-recalled-no-fix-available/

:lecture I find it odd that they didn't explain what the problem is with the "C" series.

I get the bottom line: the gun is unsafe and a full refund or manufacturer credit will be issued. However, just about every manufacturer has disclosed what the issue is to prompt a recall.

Yeah that was really bugging me too. They don't mention what the problem is, but it's serious enough that if you sold/traded it they want you to contact that person to have them contact Caracal for their refund/credit. Definitely has to be a majorly catastrophic problem for that kind of response.

What a freakin' heartbreaker! I have been looking for a year for the 10-rd .40 S&W magazines for my subcompact PX4 Storm at any kind of reasonable price. I picked one up at 43.00 and though that was OK compared to what I have seen (as much as 80.00 per). I just saw an auction on Ebay selling them for 29.00 and 3.00 shipping...and there were 7 in the auction.

My air conditioner went out and I had to replace it which left my account lower than I like it to get...so I had to pass.

I'll be hopin' and prayin' that that seller ends up getting more up at that price.

On the bright side, though. The price does seem to be fairly steadily moving closer to making that normal...so there's that.

What a freakin' heartbreaker! I have been looking for a year for the 10-rd .40 S&W magazines for my subcompact PX4 Storm at any kind of reasonable price. I picked one up at 43.00 and though that was OK compared to what I have seen (as much as 80.00 per). I just saw an auction on Ebay selling them for 29.00 and 3.00 shipping...and there were 7 in the auction.

My air conditioner went out and I had to replace it which left my account lower than I like it to get...so I had to pass.

I'll be hopin' and prayin' that that seller ends up getting more up at that price.

On the bright side, though. The price does seem to be fairly steadily moving closer to making that normal...so there's that.
Couldn't pass on those prices.
Thanks for the heads up!

Took a vacation to Iowa city over the weekend to visit my younger brother while he's at school. I walked into a Scheel's sporting goods at the mall and they had a bunch of ammo and mags. One thing in particular that caught my eye was a drum mag for my 10/22. So I get ready to make my purchase and they wouldn't sell to me! They said they weren't sure of the laws concerning Cook County so they'd rather play it safe and not sell. I even had a manager there. They wouldn't even sell me ammo! My friend was looking to buy some other sporting goods stuff there and I grabbed the junk from his hand and threw it back on the rack. Nope, you get nothing.

Well I am glad a fellow freak got in on them! Congrats! How do you like your Storm?

Absolutely love it.

I've got the full size model, and with the medium backstrap, this thing feels so natural to point/aim in my hands.
I feel a significant difference in recoil compared to my friends Glock 23, but I'm sure the grip has a lot to do with that.
Field stripping this thing is ridiculously easy. Not having to worry about locking the slide back or aligning the slide with a notch on the lower makes this thing a dream to take down.
The captive spring on the guide rod means I don't lose it when I'm cleaning.

I'm going to stop right there because I just realized I'm beginning to sound like a damn Beretta commercial. :lol

I love my P229, but this is my SHTF pistol. :rock

I am completely with you. My Storm is my favorite gun.

I usually sum it up in one comment...

at 25 yards...I have no problem putting rounds in a soda can turned so that the end is facing me...and that is with the subcompact with the 3" barrel.

Doesn't the Storm's rotating barrel contribute to it's reduced felt recoil? I have never shot one, but I am interested in getting one.

Doesn't the Storm's rotating barrel contribute to it's reduced felt recoil? I have never shot one, but I am interested in getting one.

Yes, the rotating barrel is credited with helping to reduce felt recoil. If you get a chance, rent one at a gun range. I bet you will like it very much.

Also, my own copy of the gun leads me to agree with those who tout the accuracy of the pitol. However, I have a buddy who bought the 9mm subcompact and he swore that he and his girlfriend could not hit a mark unless they aimed a few inches high and right. I am not sure if that might be a quality control issue or their shooting. But they are experienced shooters and both of them had the same problem with the gun.

Last edited:
I am completely with you. My Storm is my favorite gun.

I usually sum it up in one comment...

at 25 yards...I have no problem putting rounds in a soda can turned so that the end is facing me...and that is with the subcompact with the 3" barrel.

That's amazing. :hi5:

There's a range I shoot at that has iron targets at 25, 30, and 50 yards.
With the PX4, I'm hitting the life-size iron cowboy at 50 yards, hitting a steel plate at 25, then reacquiring the cowboy once again for a hit.

I've been meaning to setup paper targets at 25 yards to see how close a grouping I can get. I think I'll do that when the mags come in. :)

Back