Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered a Scar 17s, pick it up later today if I can make it over to the shop but tomorrow at the latest.

PUMPED!!!!! :yess:

damn im jealous! it's still my most wanted rifle at the moment. how much did you drop on it? all black or fde?

i have one. it's a great shooting rifle. very light and relatively low recoil for a rifle of its caliber. one thing to note though is magazine availability. be prepared to wait.

also check out the scar 17s section on the fn forums.

https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-17s/

P1050686.jpg

P1050695.jpg

What's the HK? Or is that just an HK stock on something else?

SnakeDoc

Got my Scar 17s! I'll get some pics up later. They had no extra mags but said they had a order coming in Friday. So I'll be going up then to pick a few up(hopefully) and look for a sight for the scar. First impression are, really surprised by the weight. For such a good size gun it feels very light. My version is the tan. Didn't fire the one I bought but one of the guys that works at the shop took me out back and let me fire of a clip from his scar. It's a dream to fire. Picked up 500 rounds of federal ammo. Gotta go practice breaking this baby down, pics soon though. Oh my cost was around 3k after taxs and what not.

damn im jealous! it's still my most wanted rifle at the moment. how much did you drop on it? all black or fde?

3k, didn't have a all black but I wasn't gonna be picky....this sucker was hard to track down as is.

Never even seen one before.

They were released march this year and are pretty hard to get. Ruger can't keep up with the demand. I put my self on the wait list for the regular for $330 but there are a dozen people infront of me. So i also put myself on the list for the Olympic model which cost $370 and I'm the only one on the waiting list. It's just a regular takedown model with a blue stock and limited.

congrats bumblebee! i take it you live in a free state. :)

NC baby!!! Tried loading the pics from my cell but it won't go through. I'll upload some later just eating and lazy right now. Gonna go next week and get my concealed carry permit. Takes a few hours and cost about $90 but you can walk into any store in state and walk out with whatever you want that day.

They were released march this year and are pretty hard to get. Ruger can't keep up with the demand. I put my self on the wait list for the regular for $330 but there are a dozen people infront of me. So i also put myself on the list for the Olympic model which cost $370 and I'm the only one on the waiting list. It's just a regular takedown model with a blue stock and limited.

I saw 10 or so of them at the show last weekend. The blued version was going for $289 the stainless were $299

I saw 10 or so of them at the show last weekend. The blued version was going for $289 the stainless were $299

Wow that's a great deal. Do you mean blue stock or blued barrel? The Olympic is a blue stock with SS barrel. The cheapest I found online that has it in stock is $330. But shipping is about $20 and FFL fee $40, so it would cost $390 for me. I'll just go on the wait list at my LGS. Even another LGS has tried to order 20 but just recieved only 1 but is trying to sell it for $450 :lol

I think my local sports authority sells the basic 10/22 for $280.

NC baby!!! Tried loading the pics from my cell but it won't go through. I'll upload some later just eating and lazy right now. Gonna go next week and get my concealed carry permit. Takes a few hours and cost about $90 but you can walk into any store in state and walk out with whatever you want that day.

Congrats. Let us know how it shoots.

Wow that's a great deal. Do you mean blue stock or blued barrel? The Olympic is a blue stock with SS barrel. The cheapest I found online that has it in stock is $330. But shipping is about $20 and FFL fee $40, so it would cost $390 for me. I'll just go on the wait list at my LGS. Even another LGS has tried to order 20 but just recieved only 1 but is trying to sell it for $450 :lol

I think my local sports authority sells the basic 10/22 for $280.

I saw all three. Black stock with stainless or blued barrels and the blue stock/stainless barrel version.

Called around looking for scar 17s mags today, one guy told me " buddy the fellow that won the mega millions last night had better odds then you, sorry". :lol

F me, talk about hard to find. Anyone know a reliable place online selling these?

Called around looking for scar 17s mags today, one guy told me " buddy the fellow that won the mega millions last night had better odds then you, sorry". :lol

F me, talk about hard to find. Anyone know a reliable place online selling these?

LOL. I heard they were hard to come by.

Isn't your gun shop supposed to get some in tomorrow?

Back