Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pan's Labyrinth is probably the biggest reason I like Del Toro. I think he can let his obsessions get the better of him in things like Hellboy, etc.

Pan's Labyrinth is the reason I'm a fan. Just a great, dark, beautiful, powerful, magical movie.

The score is getting me pumped so hard. I'm so hard.

Hopefully, me in the theater....

131579651141991.gif

Drew McWeeny of HitFix.com on Pacific Rim.

"One reason I love "Pacific Rim": The world looks worn, weathered. Great sci-fi should always look used and beat-up."

"In general, if you're world building on film, worn and weathered is great. When everything looks new, it feels fake."

"Think about your favorite sci-fi movies. Think about the world of those films. They look lived in."

Joe Utichi on Pacific Rim.

"Pacific Rim is my favourite film of this summer. Del Toro's mastery is in maintaining humanity, no matter how epic the scale."

"It strikes a tough balance: affecting peril without being dour, and injecting humour without becoming farce."

"Del Toro understands how important idiosyncrasy is to making the epic seem attainable. We're always connected to this world."

"The bar is always lowered by dumb blockbusters that just want your cash. Seeing #PacificRim is a vote for filmmakers determined to raise it."

"Credit, too, to @travisbeacham, who blends the biggest monster/robot action with a beautifully eclectic ensemble of characters."

Drew McWeeny of HitFix.com on Pacific Rim.

"One reason I love "Pacific Rim": The world looks worn, weathered. Great sci-fi should always look used and beat-up."

Smart man, I think this is what too many movies get wrong. They make the future sterile and thats hard to pull an audience into. Not saying some directors haven't pulled it off, but its much easier to sell a future slum than a future utopia.

The way you guys are reacting, I feel like I've been living in a cave. :rotfl

the best part of that whole back n forth was realizing we were on the same side. Thru that brief exchange we were both momentarily :cuckoo:

the best part of that whole back n forth was realizing we were on the same side. Thru that brief exchange we were both momentarily :cuckoo:

:hi5:

the power of the internet, where two people can totally agree and think the other ones wrong. :lol

:duff

I think this should be good but I have a uneasy feeling it could end up being a stinker. Not sure why to be honest.

I think this should be good but I have a uneasy feeling it could end up being a stinker. Not sure why to be honest.

All the recent comments of the people who have seen early screenings of this has me thinking anything but that. I'm hearing this is Del Toro unleashed, his unhinged vision of what a true sci fi epic should be, and it sounds glorious.

are you aware Del Toro GAVE AWAY The Hobbit to PJ?.... realize your own implications .... :monkey1

Mmm.....noted.

As long as shipping won't be too much. :lol

Also, I got 3 people already, I might be able to get 2 more, no promises though. 5 will be my limit, unfortunately.

Send me a message whenever you get around to it and I'll cover expenses! Just don't go on a holiday ordering room service.....:lol

I'm going to take my 5 and 7 year old sons to see this next weekend. From what I've read, it shouldn't be too bad for them. They want to see the giant robots fight the giant monsters!!!

Really Josh?... Haven't you watched any of Del Toro's films before?
Even at his worst, like Mimic, he still kicks-*** as a director. He's not a hack, this movie is NO STINKER... I think lots of people will be eating crow after it opens...

Back