Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guardians of the Galaxy is one awesome movie! Just got back and what a way to end the Marvel run until next year. Awesome film.

Glad to hear that Ryan. I didn't have high expectations for this one, but it has been getting a lot of positive reviews.
I'll definitely have to check it out now.

Oh **** haven't had this much fun at a big summer movie in ages! Up there as one of Marvel's best :D

I have to give Marvel props, not only did this movie have no connection to The Avengers, but they barely even used Thanos, and the movie still turned out incredible. This is one of the few moves from the MCU that actually seem to care more about being a good film, and not being just another building block to the Avenger films.

I have to give Marvel props, not only did this movie have no connection to The Avengers, but they barely even used Thanos, and the movie still turned out incredible. This is one of the few moves from the MCU that actually seem to care more about being a good film, and not being just another building block to the Avenger films.

I have credit James Gunn for that, he did an awesome job making this a stand alone film

Just got back from the matinee showing of Guardians. This movie was fantastic and it was absolutely fun to watch and the humor was great.
After the show i got tickets for Tuesday evening showing so i can bring my friends out to see it.

Friday Report: 'Guardians' Stuns with $37.8 Million Opening Day

by Ray Subers

Guardians of the Galaxy

August 2, 2014

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy opened to a fantastic $37.8 million on Friday. Remarkably, that's more than recent Marvel sequels Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Thor: The Dark World earned on their first days out.

Among the biggest 2014 releases, Guardians wound up a bit behind Transformers: Age of Extinction and Godzilla. More so than for those movies, the Guardians audience rushed out on Thursday night: nearly 30 percent of the Friday gross was earned on the previous day.

In one respect, the high Thursday share suggests that the weekend will be fairly front-loaded. However, the Guardians marketing campaign has attempted to position the movie as family-friendly entertainment; if that strategy pays off, the movie should have an above-average hold on Saturday. It also has strong word-of-mouth ("A" CinemaScore) and great reviews (92 percent on Rotten Tomatoes), though it's unclear exactly how much that's going to help.

A three-day weekend in the $92 to $96 million range seems likely at this point. That will easily be enough to set a new August record ahead of The Bourne Ultimatum ($69.3 million).

Movie was awesome, lots of fun. The crowd was laughing often, Thanos was a pleasant surprise, all the characters were like able.

My only criticism, which isn't that big of a deal, was that Yondu was pretty much just Merle from the Walking Dead, which was distracting in a way.

Absolutely. I've seen him in a couple other films, the Replacement Killers and Tombstone, and he didn't act that way. Hell I even read an interview where Rooker stated he was asked to play it kind of Merle like.

Loved this movie. What an incredible work by Gunn. Was everything I was hoping for plus more. Easily my favorite Marvel movie to date, even better than TWS and Avengers. Perfect mix of humor and action. Can't wait to watch it again and again and again...:lol

Go see it!! This may be my favorite Sci-Fi film in recent years too. Can't stop smiling like a little school boy.:lol So damn good.:rock

Just came back from theater. Solid 9/10..in my top 3 list this year

It is going to sound like an echo in here, but I thought this movie was awesome!! Great blend of humor, action and some touching scenes. I have to admit that my expectations were low for this, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well this movie ended up being. It is a great popcorn movie with great visual effects and a solid story to go with them (take note George). I loled so many times. Anyone who doesn't like this movie is not a comic book fan. Cap WS is still my favorite Marvel movie with Avengers a close second and GOTG in third.

Go out and see this movie in the theaters! 9.5/10

Oh yeah, and the soundtrack rocks! :rock

Last edited:
Saw it today, loved it! Awesome all around, I even got a semi for zoey and her fine green ass lol

At the Drive In right now and Guardians just ended. ...and I gotta say I liked it a lot more the second time. ...

Why did I even go again after my initial lukewarm reaction? Mainly because I couldn't stop thinking about it. ..so many moments stuck with me that I figured I should give it another go. Glad I did. ..

Of course what sold me on coming to the Drive In for it is...double feature with Winter Soldier. ..Could not pass up one more chance to see it on a big screen. ...about to start. ...what a Marvell movie night eh?

Back