Grey Hulk Poll about Price/Es 179

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Want a gift on Grey Hulk Price?

• Yes of course because Es increase with 29

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Yes because don't understand that price

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No it's normal, do nothing

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chicky said:
Hey Gang,

Once we discovered the reps had taken orders for Grey Hulk on the floor, we shut it down pretty quickly. The pre-orders placed there were minimal and not even near what speculation has these orders at. This amount was deducted from the edition size prior to selling on the web and by phone.

The site got hammered with tons of requests a second causing some issues, which we of course are working to correct now. The phone lines also were very busy.

We are extending FREE SHIPPING to all the pre-orders placed at the Comic-con for the inconvenience of the pricing discrepancy. We have also extended the edition size slightly, to the exact amount of oversell, to cover the collectors who would have gotten screwed.

Believe me any revenue from the increase, minus normal business costs, does not cover the amount of customer service hours spent, stress, as well as the dollars invested to deal with this issue.

We hope that everyone who is involved with this edition come to feel that the situation was handled as fairly a possible. In the end, if Grey Hulk collectors are disturbed by the increased edition size that much, they can cancel their pre-order with us.

This might make some wait list members happy, whose alternative currently is a secondary market purchase for over $800.

Best,
Chicky

Not for other, free shipping for all would be great :chew

Vader AL said:
Thanks Chicky. End of story, fully explained, no more room for speculation.

Has that ever stopped anyone before? With the exception of extending free shipping to the orders taken at SDCC, Chicky just restated what they have been saying all along and look at how much speculation has been going on :lol

oxbeard said:
Has that ever stopped anyone before? With the exception of extending free shipping to the orders taken at SDCC, Chicky just restated what they have been saying all along and look at how much speculation has been going on :lol

Yeah, there will still be the whoa is me stuff from the 2-3 that really like to act like they are being so mistreated by SS. :lol

Chicky said:
This might make some wait list members happy, whose alternative currently is a secondary market purchase for over $800.
But that secondary market value could have been $1,000, or even $2,000! Thanks for robbing honest customers of a free plasma TV. Curse you SS, curse you and all your dolphin loving friends!

Khev said:
But that secondary market value could have been $1,000, or even $2,000! Thanks for robbing honest customers of a free plasma TV. Curse you SS, curse you and all your dolphin loving friends!
:mwaha but only a flipper would be concerned about secondary market value, so did you just curse yourself?

occulum said:
:mwaha but only a flipper would be concerned about secondary market value, so did you just curse yourself?
To tell the truth, if these things sell for hundreds of dollars more on the secondary market it will be hard not to flip it. When I feverishly placed my order I was under the impression it was going to be the same price as the Green Hulk and limited to 150. Neither of those turned out to be true.

When I receive it I'll take it out and display it proudly for a time, but $424? Dang, I don't know that I'll be able to give up so much SW/LOTR for that amount. It'd be great if between now and 2007 I have enough of a windfall to justify keeping it, but its looking pretty grim. Time will tell.

Greetings!
For me, I think this boils down to a few simple issues....

a)Would I have preordered the Grey Hulk @ ComicCon knowing the edition size was going to jump 29 units?
YES! In fact, I had asked about the edition size and was told that it was to be decided before the presale. I was hoping for 50 and was expecting 300.
b)Would I have preordered knowing the price was 100 dollars more than the regular edition?
Again, YES! Strangely enough, on my preorder receipt, the price was left blank, indicating to me that there was indeed some confusion on this piece.

I summation, it does seem that there was problems with SideShow internal communication on this, but that is understandable given the circumstances of the Con. I think that they have handled it in the most diplimatic way possible, and do appreciate the offer of free shipping for the Con preorders.

As stated earlier in the thread, we love to talk about our hobby. When things go well, we share our victory. When there is a perception of being slighted, we certainly feel an obligation (obesession) to comiserate and deduce.......

Overall, I am very happy with this "second chance" to own a representation of one of my most beloved (can a Hulk be LOVED?.....) characters in all his rarified grey glory!
Best,

Dolphin-05-june.gif
Dolphin-05-june.gif
Dolphin-05-june.gif
Dolphin-05-june.gif

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No one you see, is $marter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of auctions,
Buying up statues, you'll never seeeeee!

If there is any issue with the expense of the Grey Hulk exclusive, we can certainly convert any standing pre-orders for full payment to a flexible payment plan as well. Please e-mail customer service within the next week if you are interested.

best,
C

oxbeard said:

yes you're right....it's like holding a stop sign in front of a garbage truck traveling at full speed....it can't be stopped. please someone come up with a new theory on what happened that will make SS look like they are hiding something....quick!!!:cool:

OK.

I actually pre-order most of them myself. I am building a marvel chess set at home, with all pieces being 20" tall. The Hulks aremy Pawns. The Logans are the Bishops. Elektras are the Queens. The thor sets are the rooks. Green goblins are the knights. The kings are coming....mawhahahaah.

My Pawn count was short and had to be extended.

:)
C

Chicky said:
OK.

I actually pre-order most of them myself. I am building a marvel chess set at home, with all pieces being 20" tall. The Hulks aremy Pawns. The Logans are the Bishops. Elektras are the Queens. The thor sets are the rooks. Green goblins are the knights. The kings are coming....mawhahahaah.

C

We're gonna need pics of that set up....:lol

Chicky said:
OK.

C
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Chicky said:
OK.

C

Brilliant!!! But of course, you only need 16 pawns and if you pre-ordered a green and a grey, then you would have only been 14 short! What about the other 15??? :rotfl

I challenge you to a game of chess at next year's Comic Con!!! You can send your moves through the online chat!!! What say you?

Now THAT will be a killer chess set. A Marvel vs. Star Wars PF chess set would be cool too.

Back