Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that Gore group did the Batman PF. Andy just did one of the COH pieces on the sculpt. However, Andy did all of the Superman PF.

Both of these pieces are inspired by Jim Lee's artwork. That is obviously why they look so good. The only DC piece that isn't Lee inspired is the Green Lantern PF. This is what happens when SSC deviates from using Jim Lee as the art source for their statues.

In the end, the sculptors don't matter. So long as all future sculpts are based off Jim Lee's artwork, they will all turn out magnificent regardless of who the sculptor is on the piece. :wink1:

Flip, I nearly had a aneurysm until I saw that wink....don't do that to me.

A little late for that since Bruckner did the GL.

Bruckner did the GL bust? Is there any pics of that? I know they sneaked some art for the GL bust at the SDCC last year but I didn't know that SSC assigned Bruckner the task of sculpting the bust.

I believe that Gore group did the Batman PF. Andy just did one of the COH pieces on the sculpt. However, Andy did all of the Superman PF.

Both of these pieces are inspired by Jim Lee's artwork. That is obviously why they look so good. The only DC piece that isn't Lee inspired is the Green Lantern PF. This is what happens when SSC deviates from using Jim Lee as the art source for their statues.

In the end, the sculptors don't matter. So long as all future sculpts are based off Jim Lee's artwork, they will all turn out magnificent regardless of who the sculptor is on the piece. :wink1:

lmfao, Lee or Fail. Josh a TRON must love all the piss taking we've been doing in here.

:rotfl:rotfl how many noncomic book readers do you think tried to google those titles...:rotfl:rotfl

Edit: Avengers movies Thanos ... SSC Make It So

Ya know I'm perfectly okay with a newbie googling the characters, in fact that should be encouraged. At least they're learning about em instead of just blindly buying a statue due to the hype.

Ya know I'm perfectly okay with a newbie googling the characters, in fact that should be encouraged. At least they're learning about em instead of just blindly buying a statue due to the hype.

:rotfl:rotfl "Gym Lee", the "Forever Gauntlet"??? Seriously, you didn't catch that? If you don't know what is wrong there Sir you will hand over your veteran status to me NOW, and wear my newbie status around your neck in the form of a Scarlett's "N"...:rotfl:rotfl

However, seriously google is a great thing, but I am no newbie when it comes to comics. I know Ron Lim drew the Infinty Gauntlet, or that Bagley worked on Spiderman after McFarlene and Larsen jumped to Image, and slowly built the book up again. Hell I have been a Jim "Gym" Lee fan for More than 20 year. The newbies who don't know as much about comics as some of us do just go for what looks good, and what is hot. I will do a little of that too; I have no attachment to the character of Skaar, but damn that is a hot statue. However, I ordered Batman and I will order Superman because they have been 2 of my 3 top characters for more than 35 years and I am only 36 :lol, and after seeing proper pics I love the sculpts. Now none of that means I am better than a new fan, it just means I am more attached, and I don't have to consult the google to know that Jim Lee didn't work on Nick Fury during the comic code days, or that NON of the recent pics in this thread are Lee...lol.

:rotfl:rotfl "Gym Lee", the "Forever Gauntlet"??? Seriously, you didn't catch that? If you don't know what is wrong there Sir you will hand over your veteran status to me NOW, and wear my newbie status around your neck in the form of a Scarlett's "N"...:rotfl:rotfl

However, seriously google is a great thing, but I am no newbie when it comes to comics. I know Ron Lim drew the Infinty Gauntlet, or that Bagley worked on Spiderman after McFarlene and Larsen jumped to Image, and slowly built the book up again. Hell I have been a Jim "Gym" Lee fan for More than 20 year. The newbies who don't know as much about comics as some of us do just go for what looks good, and what is hot. I will do a little of that too; I have no attachment to the character of Skaar, but damn that is a hot statue. However, I ordered Batman and I will order Superman because they have been 2 of my 3 top characters for more than 35 years and I am only 36 :lol, and after seeing proper pics I love the sculpts. Now none of that means I am better than a new fan, it just means I am more attached, and I don't have to consult the google to know that Jim Lee didn't work on Nick Fury during the comic code days, or that NON of the recent pics in this thread are Lee...lol.

Of course I caught that :cuckoo:

I had some comic material to read growing up but the silver screen really brought the characters I loved to life. I think the first epic experience I had with Marvel was collecting the entire Marvel Masterpiece Card set back in the early 90s. I really loved the artwork and the high gloss colors used on the cards. The other great thing about them is I learned a lot about the characters on the back. Win- Win!

Those cards were boss! I've got a set of em somewhere...

They were like crack to me at the time. Every cent I earned I was back up at the Bookie Parlor buying a pack of cards. I'm a damn crack head....

Edit: I am no painter but I was floored when I first saw the paintings on the cards by Joe Jusko. Anyone else admire his work?

Last edited:

LOL! No one can say you don't know your comics. It's more than obvious you have been reading for quite some time. However, please don't forget to include Perez as the artist on the Infinity Gauntlet. After all, he did pencil the first 3 issues. Lim penciled issues 4-6. I only bring this up because Perez is my favorite artist. :lecture

LOL! No one can say you don't know your comics. It's more than obvious you have been reading for quite some time. However, please don't forget to include Perez as the artist on the Infinity Gauntlet. After all, he did pencil the first 3 issues. Lim penciled issues 4-6. I only bring this up because Perez is my favorite artist. :lecture

You are of course correct Sir. I was also thinking of Thanos Quest...:wink1:

They were like crack to me at the time. Every cent I earned I was back up at the Bookie Parlor buying a pack of cards. I'm a damn crack head....

Edit: I am no painter but I was floored when I first saw the paintings on the cards by Joe Jusko. Anyone else admire his work?

Admire it? I've studied the mans technique trying to get closer to it. He's even nice enough to answer my questions.

Admire it? I've studied the mans technique trying to get closer to it. He's even nice enough to answer my questions.

Sounds like a pretty Stand up guy. I wonder what he would charge do a commission. I would say his work really shaped my love for superheroes. I bet it would be a rediculous cost.

Sounds like a pretty Stand up guy. I wonder what he would charge do a commission. I would say his work really shaped my love for superheroes. I bet it would be a rediculous cost.

Not sure, he mentioned that he's in the middle of a piece (a cover of some sort) on his page. I don't know if he does commissions but you can always email him and ask. He usually responds pretty quickly (couple of days).

Back