Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like those head shots too and as far as the suit is concerned the closer to the comic the better for me. I like what's in the concept.

I'm liking the head designs, but I'm hoping those aren't the uniforms. I'd like them to go really away from the comics on the GL outfit - make it more coplike and less like a spandex superhero.

Blasphemy. Really? Everyone wants them to stay as close to Iron Man, Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four as possible but when it comes to GL you want an overhaul? Forget it.

More Concept Art is being released but those posting are refusing to post their sources or the artists.

user1952pic173312543910.jpg

green_mov4.jpg

I kind of like the modernization of Sinestro.

I hate that Sinestro and I'm unsure on the Guardian. He looks like a full sized human instead of a midget. Kenny Baker and Warwick Davis need work! Other than the size, it could be Ok.

I don't like that Sinestro at all though. The suit sucks as does his goatee and long hair! Ditch that ASAP! The hairline looks fine. Its just that hair behind the ears that must go! And shave his chin and the stache would look fine too. But nothing can save that suit! They need to go more like the look they have in the Tomar Re concept. And if Sinestro must be different looking, make the suit a green version of his Sinestro Corp uniform.

The interesting thing is that the costuming is different on every concept. Abin's has shoulder pads, while Tomar's looks to be built in plates, Sinestros looks more symbiotic and Kilowogs looks as classic as I expected something more like First Flight. I wonder if the artists are pitching various concepts of the costumes of if they'll individualize the costumes for every character.

Well, as you know, each GL has had their own style on their outfit. But these are really all over the place. They all at least have a spandex look to them in the comics (Guy excluded). These are just different materials all together. I'm not sure I like that. I'm fine with the individual lantern takes on their own costumes, but I'd like to have them at least be made out of similar materials. That Sinestro Symbiote is just wrong. Its like green Venom!

Really I was never a huge Lantern fan but I really dig the concepts. Only thing I would agree with is ditching the long hair on Sinestro.

Seeing these mock ups, I really hope they keep the CGI to a minimum in terms of the characters themselves. I don't want to see Sinestro as a Jar Jar Binks-type cartoon character. Even Haley in a costume (horrible choice though he would be) would trump that. Obviously, guys like Kilowog or the diamond guy would be tough to do with makeup and a suit, but Sinestro needs to be an actual person.

I'd agree that the Sinestro is a little too cliche villain with the goatee and long hair, but I kind of like the look. Still not digging the outfits. They should be spacesuits/cop uniforms.

Ironman worked as a real world interpretation, and I think Spiderman worked too. They were kind of able to justify how close the FF uniforms were too - and if they do that with GL, I'd be happy with it. But even the FF uniforms had more texture and layers than the spandex of the comics.

The interesting thing is that the costuming is different on every concept. Abin's has shoulder pads, while Tomar's looks to be built in plates, Sinestros looks more symbiotic and Kilowogs looks as classic as I expected something more like First Flight. I wonder if the artists are pitching various concepts of the costumes of if they'll individualize the costumes for every character.

I am all for this! Very happy with what I'm seeing so far. While I'm iffy about Sinestro with the long hair, the suit I actually like. Still feels surreal with a Green Lantern movie happening. Shooting can't come soon enough.

Well, as you know, each GL has had their own style on their outfit. But these are really all over the place. They all at least have a spandex look to them in the comics (Guy excluded).

Actually it depends on the era. Silver Age Lanterns as well as the majority of the Bronze had the same costumes as they were supposed to look like an army. It wasn't until the end of the Bronze Age and into the Modern Age that Lanterns individualized themselves. Into the Modern age their costumes have been less spandex and more a thin armor, Hal's chest emblem is more of a crest since rebirth than just an emblem.

Seeing these mock ups, I really hope they keep the CGI to a minimum in terms of the characters themselves. I don't want to see Sinestro as a Jar Jar Binks-type cartoon character. Even Haley in a costume (horrible choice though he would be) would trump that. Obviously, guys like Kilowog or the diamond guy would be tough to do with makeup and a suit, but Sinestro needs to be an actual person.

The only character that they've said would be almost completely CGI is Killowog. Sinestro, Abin Sur, Tomar Re were always slated to be played by humans in make up.

Still not digging the outfits. They should be spacesuits/cop uniforms. But even the FF uniforms had more texture and layers than the spandex of the comics.

Ugh. Dave for someone who is so educated its comments like this make me shake my head. Cop uniforms, ugh. Next you'll say they should all look like Jack T. Chance.

jacktchance.jpg

Never have they said they'll use Spandex. Last rumor posted had them looking at a mixture of Batman Begins customing and Superman Returns costuming to give a distinctive look between the two portions. Everyone is on pins and needles waiting to see the costuming but in reality let's be honest the only one that'll really matter is Hal's costume. The others can be more outer-worldly.

I'd be fine with different textures/materials than spandex as long as the outfit's design is still relatively the same. I saw a guy at SDCC 2 years ago dressed as a green lantern. It didn't look to bad, just the spandex. We get so used to seeing rippling muscles in spandex outfits, but thats not really the case in person.

I'd be fine with different textures/materials than spandex as long as the outfit's design is still relatively the same. I saw a guy at SDCC 2 years ago dressed as a green lantern. It didn't look to bad, just the spandex. We get so used to seeing rippling muscles in spandex outfits, but thats not really the case in person.

IMO, the only heroes that can pull off spandex in live action are Spider-man and Superman. And even those they've texturized to make them more interesting on screen.

Pretty interesting comment since we've never seen Green Lantern on film in spandex so we wouldn't know if it would work. There is no way in hell that I'd want a screen full of Guy Gardner dressed GLs. He barely gets away with it as it is.

TIM ROBBINS joins "THE GREEN LANTERN"

Tim Robbins is joining the cast of "Green Lantern," the Martin Campbell-directed tentpole at Warner Bros. that's based on the DC Comics superhero.

Robbins will play Senator Hammond, the disapproving father of the movie's villain, Dr. Hector Hammond (Peter Sarsgaard), who becomes infused with psychic powers.

Ryan Reynolds stars as Green Lantern, with Blake Lively as the hero's love interest, Carol Ferris.

The movie is cruising to a March start in New Orleans. Donald De Line and Greg Berlanti are producing.

This is the second comic book movie for Robbins; in one of his earliest roles, he appeared in the 1986 George Lucas-produced adaptation of Marvel's "Howard the Duck."

The UTA-repped Robbins, who won an Oscar for his supporting performance in "Mystic River," last appeared onscreen in the 2008 sci-fi adaptation "City of Ember."

via Hollywood Reporter.

Wow - Sounds like a minor role for such a great actor, i'm guessing the role has more to it than i thought (have not read any scripts and don't want to be spoiled!)

Depends on what where they pull Hector's father from but he isn't too important either way...for now. Robbins just wants to be in a Superhero film, he lobbied hard to be Howard Stark in Iron Man 2 but lost out to John Slattery. There were rumors that he'd be Martin Jordan in the flick which is another bit part but more notable but I guess that never came to pass.

Back