Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Official License Announcement

Don't watch it :monkey4. Then you might be able to enjoy this figure.

I did watch it and it was such a letdown that this figure has become a HUGE PASS since then for me.

I've been told to not even attempt to watch this movie by both of my brothers. I'll get the figure though.

I'm curious to see how HT will pull of this suit.

Go back 1 page and read for yourself. Then troll through. :wave

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Actually that's very poor advice. If you know what you're getting into when you go to see it, and understand the Green Lantern is more of a "fantasy" superhero, you won't be disappointed. While it wasn't a perfect film, it was fun.

:lecture:exactly::lecture

While I think the movie was disappointing in that it was a huge missed opportunity and had the chance to be really really much better, i still found it fun. Anyone with a passing interest in GL should at least watch it

Oh look, another one:

:lecture:exactly::lecture

Big GL fan with the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams run being one of the highlights of my comic book collection. I never thought I would ever see a live action GL movie, and shudder when I think about the proposed Jack Black project.

So while the movie as a whole does not hold up, some individual scenes are solid and show the potential of this franchise. I think Reynolds does an admirable job as Hal Jordan, and definitely dialed down his wise cracking persona. As a comic book fan, you need to see and support this movie.

Big GL fan with the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams run being one of the highlights of my comic book collection. I never thought I would ever see a live action GL movie, and shudder when I think about the proposed Jack Black project.

So while the movie as a whole does not hold up, some individual scenes are solid and show the potential of this franchise. I think Reynolds does an admirable job as Hal Jordan, and definitely dialed down his wise cracking persona. As a comic book fan, you need to see and support this movie.

372 posts :sleep:sleep:sleep

:tap

I'm going for the big 500 by 2015! Wahoo!!!!

And it only took me 3 years to put up a photo for my avatar...double Wahoo!!!

The movie was ok. I definitely would by a figure from Hot Toys though. The Watchmen was ok for a movie, but I would also buy any figure Hot Toys made from the Watchmen line.

Agreed. All of the components were there. Reynolds was a fantastic Silver Age lighthearted Hal Jordan. Mark Strong WAS Sinestro. Even Michael Clarke Duncan and Geoffrey Rush played Kilowog and Tomar-Re respectively perfectly. Even Blake Lively who everyone thought was the weakest part of the film, played Carol respectively, not the Carol Ferris I remember but in the grand scheme of DC Leading Ladies, I think she beat the hell out of Bosworth, Gyllenhaal, Holmes and I am going to wager she will do better as Hal's counterpoint than Amy Adams will for Cavill in the Superman film.

The parts were there, what was sloppy and formulaic was the directing for one and the editing deserves a lot of bastardization. It was cut lazily, almost as if it was done by a first year film student and I expected a LOT more from someone like Stuart Baird. The film had no cohesiveness which I blame a lot on the editing. What he was attempting to be groundbreaking and thought provoking especially in the scenes jumping back from Hector and Hal during the ramp up to the climax felt strange and uncomfortable.

I loved the film especially because it invoked a lot of the same reactions as Raimi's Spider-Man or even the first few X-Men films, a safe storytelling with an easy to follow progression of the heroes that is mostly superficial and while that doesn't really hold well against the genre now which has progressed far past that and I understand the distaste for it but I think if people allowed themselves to and didn't wander if trying to be the next Roger Ebert, they'd have a good bit of fun at this film's expense.

Just my two pennies.

Agreed. All of the components were there. Reynolds was a fantastic Silver Age lighthearted Hal Jordan. Mark Strong WAS Sinestro. Even Michael Clarke Duncan and Geoffrey Rush played Kilowog and Tomar-Re respectively perfectly. Even Blake Lively who everyone thought was the weakest part of the film, played Carol respectively, not the Carol Ferris I remember but in the grand scheme of DC Leading Ladies, I think she beat the hell out of Bosworth, Gyllenhaal, Holmes and I am going to wager she will do better as Hal's counterpoint than Amy Adams will for Cavill in the Superman film.

The parts were there, what was sloppy and formulaic was the directing for one and the editing deserves a lot of bastardization. It was cut lazily, almost as if it was done by a first year film student and I expected a LOT more from someone like Stuart Baird. The film had no cohesiveness which I blame a lot on the editing. What he was attempting to be groundbreaking and thought provoking especially in the scenes jumping back from Hector and Hal during the ramp up to the climax felt strange and uncomfortable.

I loved the film especially because it invoked a lot of the same reactions as Raimi's Spider-Man or even the first few X-Men films, a safe storytelling with an easy to follow progression of the heroes that is mostly superficial and while that doesn't really hold well against the genre now which has progressed far past that and I understand the distaste for it but I think if people allowed themselves to and didn't wander if trying to be the next Roger Ebert, they'd have a good bit of fun at this film's expense.

Just my two pennies.

:exactly: Those were two shiny pennies.

To me it felt like they made the right movie but it was heavily cut for time. As if the studio had a hand in it. I wonder if the CGI cost more then they wanted to pay and so the ax fell. ?

Not meaning to turn this into a GL movie thread, but the Mike brought up some interesting points. He sums up my feelings better than I could ever articulate. Mark Strong's portrayal of Sinestro was perfect and he evoked a type of menace that even Hugo Weaving's Red Skull never came close to (and Sinestro is still a "hero" at this point, sans the credits ending). Reynold's GL was pretty refreshing because was a decent guy with some minor character flaws. I did think it took too long for him to accept his role as a hero, but I chalk that up to the uneven scripting.

Blake Lively was decent, but if I had to recast, my choice would be Taylor Cole from "The Event". She somewhat resembles Carol Ferris from the comics, and her performance from the NBC series shows she's capable of portraying a strong, yet vulnerable woman.

To get this thread back on track, I am still hoping HT goes ahead with at least a Reynolds GL and Strong Sinestro. That would be the best case scenario...

taylor-cole-002-01.jpg

taylor-cole-009-01.jpg

I hope we actually get a Reynolds GL from Hot Toys. It would be great to start a 1:6 Justice League.

You mean to tell me HT didnt cancel this LINE!!! The movie was a bomb it made hardly no money... HT should move on fast!!! Forget a figure form GL...

You mean to tell me HT didnt cancel this LINE!!! The movie was a bomb it made hardly no money... HT should move on fast!!! Forget a figure form GL...

You're right, hey look it's another Joker figure... YAYYYYYYYYY :dance

/sarcasm

But for the fans of Green Lantern, i guess they don't deserve a figure huh?

Regardless if the movie was good or bad or if it made millions or billions, a GL Hot Toys figure is a most and will be epic.

I love the character and I liked the movie, if HT releases a GL figure I will buy it for sure, same with the GL blu-ray DVD.

Come on HT, we are still waiting for GL!

I really want and need a HT GL but I would kill if Sinestro got the go. Brilliant!!

Not meaning to turn this into a GL movie thread, but the Mike brought up some interesting points. He sums up my feelings better than I could ever articulate. Mark Strong's portrayal of Sinestro was perfect and he evoked a type of menace that even Hugo Weaving's Red Skull never came close to (and Sinestro is still a "hero" at this point, sans the credits ending). Reynold's GL was pretty refreshing because was a decent guy with some minor character flaws. I did think it took too long for him to accept his role as a hero, but I chalk that up to the uneven scripting.

Blake Lively was decent, but if I had to recast, my choice would be Taylor Cole from "The Event". She somewhat resembles Carol Ferris from the comics, and her performance from the NBC series shows she's capable of portraying a strong, yet vulnerable woman.

To get this thread back on track, I am still hoping HT goes ahead with at least a Reynolds GL and Strong Sinestro. That would be the best case scenario...

taylor-cole-002-01.jpg

taylor-cole-009-01.jpg

All that just so you could find a reason to post pictures of a hottie :tap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back