Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V - September 17, 2013

Will probably have to buy it again but will definitely wait for reviews. I'd like to see some content additions as well to justify another full price purchase.

GTA V is just okay, didn't live up the hype. They would need to seriously add much more content for me to consider buying it again.

Was watching the press conference last night and man am I thrilled about this! Best news from E3 imo, been waiting for GTA V to come to next gen since it came out last year! Finally the graphics this game deserves! And I gotta say, it looked great on PS4. :clap

I will be picking this one up for PS4, as I didn't play the original. I was hoping for this announcement and the Mass Effect Trilogy on next gen, but that was no dice. Oh well, I will have plenty this fall to play.

GTA V is just okay, didn't live up the hype. They would need to seriously add much more content for me to consider buying it again.

Maybe the storyline won't suck and Michael and Franklin will become interesting if the lighting effects are better? :)

Maybe the storyline won't suck and Michael and Franklin will become interesting if the lighting effects are better? :)

What do you mean lighting? I only really liked Trevor. Franklin was made to be the generic black guy (I liked C.J.'s personality so much more) and Michael's life was just too depressing for me to like him as a character.

What do you mean lighting? I only really liked Trevor. Franklin was made to be the generic black guy (I liked C.J.'s personality so much more) and Michael's life was just too depressing for me to like him as a character.

generic black guy?....huh

All the characters were generic imo. I still haven't bothered to finish this game because of how mind-numbingly boring it became with the character storylines. The narrative itself couldn't work out whether it was cheesy-glam Vice City style or gritty GTAIV. It was a kind of hybrid that didn't work as either. I much preferred Nico Belic as a character to these three cut-outs.

All the characters were generic imo. I still haven't bothered to finish this game because of how mind-numbingly boring it became with the character storylines. The narrative itself couldn't work out whether it was cheesy-glam Vice City style or gritty GTAIV. It was a kind of hybrid that didn't work as either. I much preferred Nico Belic as a character to these three cut-outs.

I couldn't agree more. Although I did like the humor with Trevor, but I think it was the only leg the game had to stand on. This was the only GTA I didn't replay after completing it.

More than likely, whenever they do VI it's going to be a Vice City revisit.

I was being sarcastic by mentioning lighting
As in improved graphics won't make the boring story and characters any better.

:)

I agree with this. Visually it looked amazing on the PS3. But the gameplay was not new. When I get a PS4 I would maybe buy this super cheap or used, but I'm not forking over full price for the game again. Especially one that I was not satisfied with. TLOU on the other hand, will be getting my money on the PS4.

I was being sarcastic by mentioning lighting
As in improved graphics won't make the boring story and characters any better.

:)

I very much agree.

I agree with this. Visually it looked amazing on the PS3. But the gameplay was not new. When I get a PS4 I would maybe buy this super cheap or used, but I'm not forking over full price for the game again. Especially one that I was not satisfied with. TLOU on the other hand, will be getting my money on the PS4.

Even with these updates they give us, it's never anything substantial to really give new energy to it. I still play it occasionally, but it's become very stale.

They're probably gonna do what they did with Battlefield 4 , PS3 owners of the game will be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for $20 .

Which ain't bad IMO

Back