Statue Gotham Nightmares Statue Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish they would announce edition sizes at least for the Exc then let the regular stay open until they have a good idea of how many they can sell. I'm guessing this will be around 500 Exc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree. ES should be announced for the EX when it goes up for preorder. I guess the only plus for Sideshow's TBD nonsense is that I no longer feel the need to PO anything TBD on Day 1.

I think it is just stuff related to him but it's hard to see clearly in the video. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

I agree, hard to make a final legit personal feeling about it at this stage with what we've been shown. I could be surprised with the final execution. The whole concept to me was "what does Gotham look like under the lense of Scarecrow toxin" though I can't recall if I imposed my own view there or one of the Sideshow creators said that in their video. So looking at the Joker, under the influence of the gas, you see his history imposed on him. Batman is a monster, Joker is...a malevolent chaotic entity? Skeletal or supernatural in some way? It didn't come through as strong as the execution of Batman as a horror version of Joker imo. Looked like Joker when he was sick in Arkham City with some creativity in his clothes.

I'm trying to imagine it more like souls or victims of those in his wake weaved into his clothes and body. I'll like it more if we see some those iconic moments in his history coming out of his skin, or in his hair...like faces in Freddy's chest. I don't see that so far though. I won't fully judge until seeing the final product but really it boils down to it hasn't grabbed me like the Batman did or what I think is possible with other characters.

I agree, hard to make a final legit personal feeling about it at this stage with what we've been shown. I could be surprised with the final execution. The whole concept to me was "what does Gotham look like under the lense of Scarecrow toxin" though I can't recall if I imposed my own view there or one of the Sideshow creators said that in their video. So looking at the Joker, under the influence of the gas, you see his history imposed on him. Batman is a monster, Joker is...a malevolent chaotic entity? Skeletal or supernatural in some way? It didn't come through as strong as the execution of Batman as a horror version of Joker imo. Looked like Joker when he was sick in Arkham City with some creativity in his clothes.

I'm trying to imagine it more like souls or victims of those in his wake weaved into his clothes and body. I'll like it more if we see some those iconic moments in his history coming out of his skin, or in his hair...like faces in Freddy's chest. I don't see that so far though. I won't fully judge until seeing the final product but really it boils down to it hasn't grabbed me like the Batman did or what I think is possible with other characters.

Very well put...
They did say during the Gotham Nightmares video and on Sideshow Live that this line would be like looking at the character under Scarecrow toxin or looking at the worst nightmare version of them...
For a nightmare version of Joker I think of his victims... I think of Barbara Gordon (Killing Joke) or the death of Robin (Jason Todd)...I thought in the sketches that I did see Barbara Gordon. That would make total sense to me but I'll have to see the final piece to decide
Either way, this is a very interesting line and I can't wait to see more

Yeah the toxin or "urban legends" is the way the series was presented. I think "The Batman" fits that perfectly with the exclusive head. Joker ,from what we've seen, doesn't quite fit that to me. I'd have thought some kind of Pennywise killer clown look to him. Scarecrow is the obvious third character to do in the line. He ought to be terrifying in this line. I hope the line makes it that far at least.

I originally wanted him, but the more I kept looking at him the more I didn't want him. I'll stick with the Avengers Assemble statue series.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Anyone want to have some fun and dream up what could be "horror" versions in this line?

I'll go first...

Ivy.
Pose: Like the shambling nurse in Resident Evil
Heads: One relatively seductive "normal" for Ivy with an intense face. "Blood shot" eyes are green instead of red. Green ooze slightly leaking out of the side of her mouth, or one ear. Looking closely you see what you thought was hair from far away is actually a mix of lichens, moss, or "roots". Exclusive head with an extra long neck "growing" and face "blooming" out with lots of teeth.
Hands/arms: Fingers like thorned tendrils but still recognizably a hand, the veins visible as if a green toxin is flowing through them. Maybe one set holding nothing, another exclusive set holding a gas powered yard tool with "yard" slashed out before the words "whipper snipper" and painted over in blood is the word "rotten human".
Torso: Partially rotten by moulds and fungus with some plants growing out. Sort of like those Z-Weed zombies from Z Nation perhaps but still her sexy curves? Maybe a gardening spade stabbed into her leg as a festering wound.
Base: Street or sidewalk being broken apart with nasty weeds causing the destruction. Maybe a hand strangled by vines in it's last moments of desperation trying to escape the Earth as they are pulled in by the plants? Bonus if they fit an actual "carrion flower" (real thing, smells like rotting flesh when blooming) as the plant breaking through the urban base.

My mind is spinning with opportunity for so many of the characters...Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Black Mask, Two Face (clearly Scarecrow, which I agree with previous posters is likely the third character if these first two do ok)...so many possibilities!

Yeah, the Joker detail is going to be very interesting to paint.

I read Alex post again I misread she didn't write would be there was Mark Brooks statues she wrote about, must apologize. When comments are grouped together it's tough to separate them.

Back