Statue Gotham Nightmares Statue Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s twice Joker has been a no-show. He was supposed to be at SDCC too.

I don’t think so. SDCC was the first public viewing of Nightmare Batman outside of Sideshow Live. Joker being the next offering in the series was only a rumor at that point. While a Sideshow rep confirmed to me at the show that Joker would be next, they didn’t publicly confirm it until August 9th.

I don’t think so. SDCC was the first public viewing of Nightmare Batman outside of Sideshow Live. Joker being the next offering in the series was only a rumor at that point. While a Sideshow rep confirmed to me at the show that Joker would be next, they didn’t publicly confirm it until August 9th.

In the reveal video of Nightmare Batman they said it and and likely the next statue (all but confirmed as Joker in the same video) would be at SDCC. The fact he was even likely to be shown at SDCC and still hasn’t been shown is interesting. I would think this line would be a easier sell to some people if they could see it as a line. Right now the casual passer by at the con sees a vampire Batman is all.

In the reveal video of Nightmare Batman they said it and and likely the next statue (all but confirmed as Joker in the same video) would be at SDCC. The fact he was even likely to be shown at SDCC and still hasn’t been shown is interesting. I would think this line would be a easier sell to some people if they could see it as a line. Right now the casual passer by at the con sees a vampire Batman is all.

I watched it again last night, Sideshow Live from June 21. You’re right that they reveal Joker as the next piece in the series, but as for SDCC, they only say that one or both pieces “may or may not” be at the show. It’s only been 3 1/2 months since we leaned about this new line. I can’t bring myself to be too hard on SS for not displaying the 2nd piece in the series at a show yet.

But showing the 2nd sure might kick up sales of the first.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They posted the production number! 750 (apologies if it was already discussed somewhere, news to me)

They posted the production number! 750 (apologies if it was already discussed somewhere, news to me)

I was waiting for them to finally do that. Little more than I was hoping but overall I guess not too too bad. 500 would have been better. :)

I was waiting for them to finally do that. Little more than I was hoping but overall I guess not too too bad. 500 would have been better. :)

I'm surprised it's that high to be honest. I don't really get a feeling of interest in this line. I hope they throw up the next one soon as I'm personally all over this concept.

I'm surprised it's that high to be honest. I don't really get a feeling of interest in this line. I hope they throw up the next one soon as I'm personally all over this concept.
They seemed to kill a lot of momentum by not showing Joker. Hopefully when they do it will get everyone back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

any ETA on joker reveal?? i just watched their preview last night and I'm praying for a good paint job which makes or breaks it

Ok so I've been putting off Pre ordering this for a while due to the scale being 1:5, but it's too good to pass up on. 750 ES is pretty good considering there are 7 billion people on earth.

I thought horror fans would be all over this but I guess not. Maybe it will pick up with the first release and more Joker reveals? This may be a line with a few fans who absolutely love it (like I do so far) but sadly not enough to keep it going to full potential. Who knows, maybe SS loves it enough themselves that they will keep going with low production runs and not much profit just because they love it enough themselves? That's just my personal opinion. I haven't learned anything official about longevity of the line.

I'm still excited. I think one of the big things that is hurting the interest here is lack of Joker info, and a general lack of knowledge about how far they plan on taking this line.

This line has so much potential. The reason this hasn't sold out is because market is flooded with so many licences and custom pieces at the moment and people have become very picky due to space and $$. This in the long run will do well. It's very unique and looks amazing I think most collectors will have all their favourite characters by the end of 2018 and that's when people are potentially going to want to venture into new concepts like this.

Looks great.
joke.jpg

Been holding off on ordering Batman to see how the Joker turned out, so if this keeps looking good when we see the rest of it, I'm jumping in with both feet and getting both.

Back