Gotham City Origins series -Commissioner Gordon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is interesting to see a Batman story from the perspective of someone other than Batman -- where he exists only as the semi-mythological figure in the shadows.

If they play it right, Batman should emerge very slowly ... almost as slowly as the investigation into the identity of the Batman unfolds. Just glimpses of him every few episodes, once they introduce him to Gotham.

SnakeDoc

It would be a perfect time to make a Batman show without Batman. If it's near the Year One era, it'd be awesome to hear reports of "a homeless man assaulting prostitutes," or seeing a silhouette going over a rooftop.

I think it'd work really well. A Gotham City police procedural ... with a bunch of colorful supervillains and a cloaked vigilante nobody can seem to get a good look at.

:exactly:

I'd watch. Will be curious about casting.

This TV series based on popular comic film characters stuff is already getting old.

SHIELD!

PEGGY CARTER!

COMMISH GORDON!

JUMPING THE SHARK!

Pretty much.

Wonder what there'll be next.

A show about Mary Jane Watsons modelling career?

Foggy Nelson in a law firm drama?

A Daily Planet newsroom ripoff?

Pretty excited about this. Will reserve judgement until we hear more info or see some footage though. As others have said, if done like Gotham Central it could be really good.

Sounds like the Gotham Central series they mulled a few years back. If that's the case ... I'm in. That was a brilliant concept. It is interesting to see a Batman story from the perspective of someone other than Batman -- where he exists only as the semi-mythological figure in the shadows.

If they play it right, Batman should emerge very slowly ... almost as slowly as the investigation into the identity of the Batman unfolds. Just glimpses of him every few episodes, once they introduce him to Gotham.

SnakeDoc

I've wanted this series for a long time. Never heard of this "Gotham Central" but that's exactly what I want to see. Pretty much what we saw in the B:TAS episode "POV." Batman was more or less a ghost. The focus was on the cops.

I wouldn't go that far. 24 and House were both solid. Depends more on who's writing it than what channel its showing on.

SnakeDoc

Exactly. I really hope they use Gotham Central as a guide line. If done right we could have a pretty cool little show. Unfortunately it's really easy for these things to go terribly wrong. It'll be interesting to see if they stick with the more "grounded" Gotham we've seen in the last few years.

All's I can say is: Harvey Bullock or GTFO.:lecture

You know what? I want to see Jonathan Banks get a role in a DC film. Hell, I want to see Jonathan Banks get a role in any film. Mike Ehrmantraut's awesome as ****, and so is Jonathan Banks.

Back