Goodbye to romance.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, there are only about 10 or so Ozzy songs I like. He had lots of filler songs.

Diary of a Madman is his best. Believer and Mr. Crowley are prolly my favorite.

After Bark at the Moon, I don't care about him at all. I like the first three albums straight through for the most part. I could do without a few tracks, but the good ones are truly great.

i rarely listen to ozzy anymore. TV ruined him for me. i can't look at him the same. and he hasn't put out anything worth listening to since 95.

I never had any illusions about Ozzy, and when The Osbournes hit, it was exactly as I expected. He was just a kid who wanted to be John Lennon, he found some creative (if not particularly talented) musicians to play with, and he did an inhuman amount of drugs. The rest of Black Sabbath never recovered, and what he succeeded with after he left was by virtue of being able to dig up anonymous guitar virtuosos and gifted studio musicians.

It's interesting that the best stuff he did was with the worst musicians he ever played with. As he began playing with more skilled performers (excepting Rhodes) it went downhill. He had a uniquely powerful lyrical delivery, but I think the man's success can be mostly attributed to luck.

Back