Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hedorah was always the scariest of all the monsters.
giphy.gif

aHR0cHM6Ly8zMy5tZWRpYS50dW1ibHIuY29tL2NhYWM1YmJiZGM3OGMzNzk5YjE2ZmExYjcwY2IxNDI2L3R1bWJscl9uamZ6eDI5SFZ3MXFhcXg4eG8zXzUwMC5naWY=.gif

Reminds me of the blob remake.....that was horrible :lol

Damn, really? I love the blob remake :lol it's got some really great practical effects and awesome horror kills. Super cheesy and schlocky but I think that's the point.

Look at all these great death scenes :lol

The original is great too and ya gotta love it's intro music :lol

I hear it's getting remade again with Sam Jackson as the lead....naturally.

Damn, really? I love the blob remake :lol it's got some really great practical effects and awesome horror kills. Super cheesy and schlocky but I think that's the point.

Look at all these great death scenes :lol

The original is great too and ya gotta love it's intro music :lol

I hear it's getting remade again with Sam Jackson as the lead....naturally.

Horrible as in nightmarish, lol. I love it but freaks me out.
The car acene is freaky

Yeah blob remake is cool.

I actually recently watched it and it didn't hold up as well as I was hoping but was still fun nonetheless.

Now Gremlins and Big Trouble in Little China, those really didn't hold up lol.

Now Frightnight held up pretty good shame they went with that silly bat for the climactic ending though. :lol

Last edited:
Now Gremlins and Big Trouble in Little China, those really didn't hold up.

Bite your tongue!

BTILC never looked good really.

Gremlins I think still looks great for most scenes......like the kitchen attack....One My daughters favorites.....at 11 shes seen tons of better effects, but still thinks it looks good.

The blob was one of the first films to really make me feel queasy as a kid, watching it.....

Others include.

Dawn of the Dead (original)
The Thing (80's)
American Werewolf in Londom
Breakdancin 2 Electric Bogaloo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Horrible as in nightmarish, lol. I love it but freaks me out.
The car acene is freaky

Oh ok. :duff yeah it's got some nasty stuff

Yeah blob remake is cool.

I actually recently watched it and it didn't hold up as well as I was hoping but was still fun nonetheless.

Now Gremlins and Big Trouble in Little China, those really didn't hold up lol.

Now Frightnight held up pretty good shame they went with that silly bat for the climactic ending though. :lol

Yeah. It has that Alien 3 thing going on with some of the blob effect shots. But the gore stuff is pretty solid. You no like Big Trouble? What happened? :lol

If you can enjoy Godzilla movies made between 1962 and 1975, you can enjoy any FX film regardless of the FX quality. Godzilla movies are beyond cheesy from that time frame and they're just fun to watch. Sometimes realistic and believable FX aren't fun. 47 Meters Down has shark FX that look like live sharks, but I'll take JAWS over any other shark movie all day long.

Oh ok. :duff yeah it's got some nasty stuff

Yeah. It has that Alien 3 thing going on with some of the blob effect shots. But the gore stuff is pretty solid. You no like Big Trouble? What happened? :lol

I think the wife being present had something to do with it lol

If you can enjoy Godzilla movies made between 1962 and 1975, you can enjoy any FX film regardless of the FX quality. Godzilla movies are beyond cheesy from that time frame and they're just fun to watch. Sometimes realistic and believable FX aren't fun. 47 Meters Down has shark FX that look like live sharks, but I'll take JAWS over any other shark movie all day long.

:exactly: :lecture

Sometimes realistic and believable FX aren't fun.
47 Meters Down has shark FX that look like live sharks, but I'll take JAWS over any other shark movie all day long.
But JAWS tried to be realistic and serious for the most part. Bad comparison there.

Yeah, but to a viewer who can't look past dated FX, JAWS wouldn't hold up compared to CGI sharks today, I can even admit there are plenty of moments it's beyond clear that it's a fake shark, but I love the look and behavior of it better than something realistic so the dated aspect doesn't bother me. Just like in some movies, Godzilla is very much a guy in a suit and moves far too human like compared to other films, doesn't ruin the enjoyment for me, I don't think about there being a guy in a suit, I just see Godzilla.

People use Jaws as an example of "bad" or "dates" effects , but the truth is the majority of the shark scenes are very realistic. The kinda screwed the pooch at the end, with the shark jump and Quints last supper...

giphy.gif

jaws-gif-3.gif

466f3e8f837da75d72e9b745b72e7569.jpeg

tenor.gif

4abf28c17572e9608047a952a576a573.jpeg

I think many people confuse the movies when it comes to effects.

I think these new shark movies the effects look worse. They mix shark breeds, body of a white shark with the teeth of a sand shark and the fin of a mako....then the physics are totally wrong and the thing swims at 80 miles per hour.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The effects of monsters in teh 1970s/early 80s are unrivaled IMO. From American Werewolf in London to Jaws, they all looked very believable. Even the creature from IT looked better when it was a prop. Pumpkin head was an awesome monster.

The CGI stuff just looks so bad (e.g. Deep Blue Sea)

Last edited:
The effects of monsters in teh 1970s/early 80s are unrivaled IMO. From American Werewolf in London to Jaws, they all looked very believable. Even the crature from IT looked better when it was a prop. Pumpkin head was an awesome monster.

The CGI stuff just looks so bad (e.g. Deep Blue Sea)

the thing is the greatest of all time

You guys are so wrong. CGI is so much better than live effects. CGI looks like a comic book, and what could be more real than that? With CGI, you don't need to hold to real-world physics. Things can act anyway they like: faster, meaner, jump further... CGI saved Hollywood. Look it up. That's real news.

When it comes to superheroes I want my cgi. Some of the cgi in this genre looks really great. Then there is the Green Lantern cgi costume :yuck

When it comes to horror I want practical.

Back