GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely loved this movie. It was just a bunch of crazyness and over the top fun.

Spoiler Spoiler:

edit - in case it spoiled anything.

The night setting wasn't enough, they had to throw in a storm? Sounds like a mess. That's one thing I liked about the last King Kong movie, you could see everything clearly. Day fights look better.

I saw this today. As one who saw most of the movies on the big screen as a kid, I enjoyed it for what it was.....a Godzilla film. If it had had a stellar script with great execution, I would certainly have enjoyed it more, but such is life.

From the very beginning, I bemoaned this taking place at night, under water, in snowstorms, rainstorms, tornadoes, explosions and through smoke and debris. Some said it provided atmosphere......apocalyptic atmosphere even. Screw that. I'm tired of going down that avenue. Was it just me, or did they even suggest that the storm somehow followed Ghidorah, or that he was the cause of it, or controlled it somehow so that he was always shrouded?

I said that I had been waiting for this movie my whole life. What I meant to say was GvK, or the next one, if there is a next one, or whichever one they choose to do right. Since Kong was done in daylight, I'm hoping GvK will follow suit.

I read the same thing. Looks like Kong vs. Godzilla may not happen after all. :ohbfrank:

Or any other monsterverse film for that matter too. :monkey2

Godzilla Vs. Kong is happening no matter what, they've already been filming it. The thing is though if GvK doesn't make money or loses money then they won't do any more after that. I don't think they've renewed their contract with Toho beyond the currently planned films.

Anyone going to KOTM for Shakespearian dialogue is bound to be disappointed.

Glad to see those I trust on this forum enjoyed it.

Cause it seems this film is the newest thing to crap on.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Godzilla Vs. Kong is happening no matter what, they've already been filming it. The thing is though if GvK doesn't make money or loses money then they won't do any more after that. I don't think they've renewed their contract with Toho beyond the currently planned films.

Does that monkey even stand a chance against Godzilla? How does he block the atomic breath?

Ill have to wait till Friday for this.....

But overall, I tend to like films that RT audience scores are higher than critics.....

I like them more when the majority or average joes hate them....

I remember Fight Club getting panned by critiques....many years later, its a classic...

c5268dd507df6b58279492480af67e73.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I saw this today. As one who saw most of the movies on the big screen as a kid, I enjoyed it for what it was.....a Godzilla film. If it had had a stellar script with great execution, I would certainly have enjoyed it more, but such is life.

From the very beginning, I bemoaned this taking place at night, under water, in snowstorms, rainstorms, tornadoes, explosions and through smoke and debris. Some said it provided atmosphere......apocalyptic atmosphere even. Screw that. I'm tired of going down that avenue. Was it just me, or did they even suggest that the storm somehow followed Ghidorah, or that he was the cause of it, or controlled it somehow so that he was always shrouded?

I said that I had been waiting for this movie my whole life. What I meant to say was GvK, or the next one, if there is a next one, or whichever one they choose to do right. Since Kong was done in daylight, I'm hoping GvK will follow suit.

I liked that KG was
Spoiler Spoiler:

They aren't nearly as dark as the scenes from that episode of Game of Thrones, anyone who thinks it's that hard to see is already blind.

True it wasn’t G14 dark not even close. But i’m open for daylight battles lol

Yeah already filmed but I bet the VFX budget is being lowered as we speak lol

Does that monkey even stand a chance against Godzilla? How does he block the atomic breath?

He has zero chance the whole idea is just dumb lol

Godzilla is such an unstoppable force in this.

I think they’re giving us Mecha Kong just to give the dumb monkey a slight chance lol

Last edited:

That's good to know! At least we'll see one more! :yess:

chance.jpg

:lol :lol :lol @ Clown

Godzilla KOTM was John Wick combined with Thanos levels of insane power.

I kid you not when Godzilla was walking thru Boston
Spoiler Spoiler:

i’m not joking lol

The hairy ape
Spoiler Spoiler:

What they've reported so far is about $50 million domestic, $130 million international, so $180 million total, which is lower than projections, they were originally looking at 200-230 total. It needs to make $340 million - $400 million worldwide to break even. If it follows the percentages of Godzilla 2014 it'll do OK, but it depends on how much more it can make overseas.

Back