GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I was having so much fun with it that the human characters didn’t bug me.

TOHO movies human characters are about 1,000,000 x worse...Final Wars ughhhhh.

200 million dollar Burning Godzilla, KG, Rodan, Mothra, Super X, how did that happen!

I’m being very forgiving of this movie.

I liked it quite a bit.
Despite all I said, I'm still considering purchasing the 4K. Not the 3D though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My last few movies:

Endgame: 11/10

Godzilla: 1/10

Ma: 7/10

Book Smart: 8/10

Brightburn: 1/10

John Wick 3: 1/10

Aladdin: 5/10

Well rush you hit the nail on the head regarding cutting away from the fights or blocking the view of the fights.

Even everyone who loved it complained about that particular problem which is weird because that’s what 14 suffered from!

This is why we need to start a petition for an extended “Battle Cut”.

But after that box office we can just forget about getting an extended cut so please disregard my petition idea lol

It seems like it's just the convention for movies like this made by American studios, Transformers, Pacific Rim, etc., it's a perceived need to weave the human story directing in with the action of the beasts rather than having them miles away looking on at the horror, which was the standard with Toho films. It's probably driven partly by CGI allowing you to do such things, like looking up from Mark's level at Godzilla fighting Ghidorah overhead in Fenway.

At least, they didn't have monsters face off and cut to news footage or nothing at all just as the fight started, every fight came to a conclusion before moving on in the story.

Unless Maulfan has video of WB/Legendary executives having intimate relationships with farm animals I just don’t see why they would ever again make another Kaiju movie and that includes not releasing GvK theatrically and instead dumping it on Netflix.

Yep.. I just don't see how KvG gets in theaters.. I could almost see it getting shelved and WB waiting to sell the property.. Probably to Disney :lol

Or the Netflix Dump.

Honestly I was having so much fun with it that the human characters didn’t bug me.

TOHO movies human characters are about 1,000,000 x worse...Final Wars ughhhhh.

200 million dollar Burning Godzilla, KG, Rodan, Mothra, Super X, how did that happen!

I’m being very forgiving of this movie.

I liked it quite a bit.

I am also forgiving of the film.. I did not find the human characters annoying.. People need to watch ID4, Godzilla 98, and Transformers 2, again to see what really annoying characters are like

My last few movies:

Endgame: 11/10

Godzilla: 1/10

Ma: 7/10

Book Smart: 8/10

Brightburn: 1/10

John Wick 3: 1/10

Aladdin: 5/10

Wow.. of the films we have both seen.. We are almost on opposite sides of the spectrum :lol

It seems like it's just the convention for movies like this made by American studios, Transformers, Pacific Rim, etc., it's a perceived need to weave the human story directing in with the action of the beasts rather than having them miles away looking on at the horror, which was the standard with Toho films. It's probably driven partly by CGI allowing you to do such things, like looking up from Mark's level at Godzilla fighting Ghidorah overhead in Fenway.

At least, they didn't have monsters face off and cut to news footage or nothing at all just as the fight started, every fight came to a conclusion before moving on in the story.

So I watched Rampage last night... Too bad they didn't get The Rock to be in Godzilla.. At least when they cut to him he was always interesting.

godzilla-king-of-the-monsters_poster_goldposter_com_73.jpg

godzilla-king-of-the-monsters_poster_goldposter_com_74.jpg

godzilla-king-of-the-monsters_poster_goldposter_com_75.jpg

godzilla-king-of-the-monsters_poster_goldposter_com_76.jpg

So over the weekend I was watching the trailers again and some of the "making of" mini docs on youtube...

Man I am glad I avoided most of that before the movie.. I cant get over how much they showed.. Nuts.. Better have longer Monster battles if you are going to show that much of the movie.

Yeah, I didn't think they would have shown off much, but they definitely showed most of the key moments in the various marketing pieces, didn't ruin the experience for me though.

So over the weekend I was watching the trailers again and some of the "making of" mini docs on youtube...

Man I am glad I avoided most of that before the movie.. I cant get over how much they showed.. Nuts.. Better have longer Monster battles if you are going to show that much of the movie.

Yeah dude it was almost ASM2 trailer dump bad.

Is that right? At the end where all the other monsters bow to Godzilla, there was a Muto too?

Yes, there's a comic that came out just before the movie that's a prequel to this film and it introduced a MUTO prime, I don't believe the one seen in the movie is the same, but they establish other MUTOs besides the 2 seen in 2014.

Very true Maulfan KOTM handled it better than 14.

I’m really excited for the WB streaming series Godzilla vs Kong.

:lol

After thinking of this film non stop over the weekend and
having some time to watch trailers, mini docs, some cam shots by audience members, and listening to the soundtrack over the weeked..

I think I might LOVE this movie. :)

I have to see it again but watching those Monster moments on YouTube I just began to appreciate what we were given as Godzilla fans.

Like Jye said.. A 200 million American made Godzilla film with the 4 big names of Toho monsters, the original Godzilla music, and a freaking Burning Godzilla... WOW! Never in my wildest dreams!

Yeah the human story was meh and so was pretty much every Toho movie. Sure it would have been nice to get more interesting characters but it is what it is..

What this film did get right and this is the most important part... They got GODZILLA right.. I felt like I was watching a movie with the King of the Monsters in it.

First time this has happened with an American Godzilla film.. I mean obviously the 98 Godzilla was a GINO movie. G14 was a step up but Godzilla was still not 100% Godzilla. It felt more like a creature that looked and sounded like Godzilla but never really acted like Godzilla... I think the 2019 film was bringing Godzilla into his own in this one.. Saying that the G14 Godzilla had not matured / mutated into the Godzilla we know and love.

He was more intelligent and bad ass in this film.. He used his atomic breath all the time and almost as important he was using his hands.. That drove me crazy in G14.

Did I mention Godzilla was a Bad ass? A Bad ass who knew he was a bad ass... Loved it..

That is the tipping point for me. Its how they handled his character.

Will see if I feel the same after a 2nd viewing but I think I am going to be happy.

Had this film taken the mom and daughter and just had them play the kidnapped family, forced to use the ORCA against their will, and the father was just trying to rescue them... That would have improved the human characters and story..

Then just stay on two of the action beats for a few min each..

IF the film did that It would have been sensational.

Yeah dude it was almost ASM2 trailer dump bad.

I still saw too much.. But I didn't poor over the trailers like I do with the Marvel movies.. But like I said I still saw too much..

The mini docs are even more spoiler filled..
Showing a lot of the Mothra vs Rodan stuff.

Yeah, I didn't think they would have shown off much, but they definitely showed most of the key moments in the various marketing pieces, didn't ruin the experience for me though.

It didn't ruin it.. But it dampened it for sure.

You think to yourself.. "If they are showing this then what are they saving for the movie itself?"

My friend avoided all trailers and tv spots..

He still thought there should have been more monster action :lol

Yes, there's a comic that came out just before the movie that's a prequel to this film and it introduced a MUTO prime, I don't believe the one seen in the movie is the same, but they establish other MUTOs besides the 2 seen in 2014.

Strange but Mr. Green recall, yes he did.

lol @ your friend JAWS

And you’re 100% right about how Godzilla was presented this time.

Dude I like this movie so much that it’s making me think that I need to own Kong Skull Island.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I'm excited that this movie will get a 4K release and I'm hoping Godzilla 2014 will finally be released on 4K with it.

Reflecting on this movie, there's one thing we didn't get that I hope to see if Rodan appears in GvK, which is Rodan standing up and flapping his wings to take out cities. I get that with the advantage of CGI, they wanted to play up his speed and taking out cities as he flies, but those are some of my favorite shots from Toho films and it would be cool to see them in an updated form.

At least the Fenway scene gave us Ghidorah using his electricity to demolish things.

I was relieved that the shot of Ghidorah with lighting shooting out of his wings amounted to a moment of powering up and that he only ever shot them from his mouths for attack, I was fearing a Shin Godzilla laser show.

lol @ your friend JAWS

And you’re 100% right about how Godzilla was presented this time.

Dude I like this movie so much that it’s making me think that I need to own Kong Skull Island.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I liked what I saw in the trailer so much, I also bought Skull Island 3D. Yet to watch it. The WB sale helped seal the deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back