GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I read too much into KG 3 distinct personalities playing a significant role in his tactics against Godzilla so fine that’s on me.

Other than that yes an extended cut with more monster action and destruction just might make this the best Godzilla film ever created.

I’m going again.

JAWS was it me or did you notice on his second entrance in the ocean didn’t his head and neck look like traditional straight shape Godzilla and then when he made it to Boston he went back to his hunched over lizard look.

Last edited:
The monster action was better than the first but the human story was soooo much worse.

I actually felt embarrassed for the actors at a few points in the story for having to deliver those lines.

Critics are insane. As insane as these humans in this movie, especially that insane woman. Daughter calling the mom a monster but then yelling and reaching for the insane monster mom, the next. At least we can rely on these monsters to be sane and do what they do best; eat pilot and try to dominate each other. What's also insane is that there's not a lot of dead bodies as these monsters ravages the cities. Better than the last, somewhat slow movie. Mr. Green was here. 9/10.

So GKOM was just pretty good for you huh JAWS? Glad to hear it had elements you really like but I was hoping it would be a homerun for you.

Yes this was not my homerun like "Endgame" was for you. But I did enjoy it... It just could have been perfect and it fell into some of the same problems the last film did.

Oh well at least you still have Rey defeating Kylo for a third time in a row to look forward to, lol.
;)

:lol

Can never get enough of that :lol

I guess I read too much into KG 3 distinct personalities playing a significant role in his tactics against Godzilla so fine that’s on me.

My friend ended up saying the same thing as you with regards to the heads.. He thought it started off that way but then they ignored it and it was just a creature of the same mind...

Same mind or not I thought he had a good sinister personality.

Other than that yes an extended cut with more monster action and destruction just might make this the best Godzilla film ever created.

With regards to the extended cut.. Wasn't there something about there being a much longer cut and that they cut out some of the monster battles? Why... Just Why??

JAWS was it me or did you notice on his second entrance in the ocean didn’t his head and neck look like traditional straight shape Godzilla and then when he made it to Boston he went back to his hunched over lizard look.

I think the extra muscle mass made him go back to the hunched over look..

But yeah.. I thought he went back to looking a little more like the 2014 version at the end with the hunch and the hanging arms.

The monster action was better than the first but the human story was soooo much worse.

I actually felt embarrassed for the actors at a few points in the story for having to deliver those lines.

Meh.. None of the lines bothered me.. It was what it was... At least they had some emotion in those lines.. G14 had a Vulcan in the staring role.

Saw GKOTM this morning in a half packed IMAX theatre and absolutely loved it. I would have actually walked right back to the ticket office and bought another ticket to see it again but I had stuff to do this afternoon. This film was a pure love letter to the TOHO films that I have loved and adored since I was five years old. It's basically a $200 million dollar Heisei era film with Showa steroids pumping through its veins! The kaiju battles are off the charts and this version of Godzilla rules and finally proves that he's king of his Monsterverse. Ghidorah is ****ing amazing and evil as ****! I wish there had been more scenes with both Rodan and Mothra though but what I saw was terrific. All the homages and easter eggs were fantastic. This was a TOHO film made by fans of TOHO films. I cannot wait to see it again. This is like what I felt after I saw Shin Godzilla back in 2016--utterly taken back by what I just witnessed. After I watched that film I made every effort to secure a Kaiyodo Shin Godzilla maquette replica. It took a while but I got one. After today, that X-Plus Gigantic 2019 Godzilla will be joining it in my collection!

I really enjoyed it on second viewing, I can understand how some people can be unhappy, but I had a great time and can easily watch it again and again. The human story keeps my interest from beginning to end where 2014 took a bit of a nose dive post-Cranston, and the monster moments were so much fun and visually amazing. Sure, seeing them more in daylight would be good but at least the darkness was handled better. There’s a shot of Godzilla staring Ghidorah down during the Boston fight where there’s lightning and stuff behind his face and it’s just a great image, begs to be wallpaper on my computer.

Twice to the first item, and yes to the second.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
in any future films

Spoiler Spoiler:
in any future films

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really enjoyed it on second viewing, I can understand how some people can be unhappy, but I had a great time and can easily watch it again and again. The human story keeps my interest from beginning to end where 2014 took a bit of a nose dive post-Cranston, and the monster moments were so much fun and visually amazing. Sure, seeing them more in daylight would be good but at least the darkness was handled better. There’s a shot of Godzilla staring Ghidorah down during the Boston fight where there’s lightning and stuff behind his face and it’s just a great image, begs to be wallpaper on my computer.

I think this film will be very easy to watch over and over again.. Even the boring human parts took place in some interesting looking and colorful sets. The monster stuff will be fun forever.

Saw GKOTM this morning in a half packed IMAX theatre and absolutely loved it. I would have actually walked right back to the ticket office and bought another ticket to see it again but I had stuff to do this afternoon. This film was a pure love letter to the TOHO films that I have loved and adored since I was five years old. It's basically a $200 million dollar Heisei era film with Showa steroids pumping through its veins! The kaiju battles are off the charts and this version of Godzilla rules and finally proves that he's king of his Monsterverse. Ghidorah is ****ing amazing and evil as ****! I wish there had been more scenes with both Rodan and Mothra though but what I saw was terrific. All the homages and easter eggs were fantastic. This was a TOHO film made by fans of TOHO films. I cannot wait to see it again. This is like what I felt after I saw Shin Godzilla back in 2016--utterly taken back by what I just witnessed. After I watched that film I made every effort to secure a Kaiyodo Shin Godzilla maquette replica. It took a while but I got one. After today, that X-Plus Gigantic 2019 Godzilla will be joining it in my collection!

I wish I enjoyed it as much as you.. But I am eyeing that Gigantic x-plus 2019 also :)

:rotfl never, ever, ever happen

How can you do a Godzilla film if the monsters never talk

Ummmm

I'm quite relieved that this seems to have met most people's expectations. I hope I can see it on the big screen.

Now if Star Wars could just undo the bad taste in my mouth in December then 2019 will be a year to remember.

Back