GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legendary Pictures GODZILLA 2

They did?!
He was a space demon that destroyed civilizations on other planets such as Mars.
Then a "Castle Bravo" mutated trio of genetically engineered creatures from the future.
Then an extraterrestrial that wiped out the dinosaurs.
Then one of the thousand years old Guardian Monsters.

Gigan is a giant robot chicken monster built and controlled by alien cockroaches.
I don't see that much less far fetched.
1. He's a dinosaur like creature from another planet cyberised by aliens
2. Yes, it IS much less far fetched than a three headed golden dragon who can fly in space

Then a "Castle Bravo" mutated trio of genetically engineered creatures from the future.
Then an extraterrestrial that wiped out the dinosaurs.
Then one of the thousand years old Guardian Monsters.

1. He's a dinosaur like creature from another planet cyberised by aliens
2. Yes, it IS much less far fetched than a three headed golden dragon who can fly in space
Well that's your cherished hesei Era shenanigans.

I don't see either being something that is any more realistic in the legendary series. Both are ridiculous. I don't think people will be blah towards king ghidorah and then look at Gigan and be like oh yeah this is more like it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well that's your cherished hesei Era shenanigans.
Showa sux way more, bro. :monkey3

Both are ridiculous.
The idea behind Gigan is no more ridiculous than an alien invasion itself.
What's next, Carpenter's "The Thing" is a silly film? Please.

I don't think people will be blah towards king ghidorah and then look at Gigan and be like oh yeah this is more like it
I do. :dunno

Showa sux way more, bro. :monkey3

The idea behind Gigan is no more ridiculous than an alien invasion itself.
What's next, Carpenter's "The Thing" is a silly film? Please.

I do. :dunno
1. Lies

2. So Ghidorah being a living alien being is just as acceptable as gigan. That's my point.

3. I forgot what your third point was

All I'm saying is if a three headed dragon who conquers other civilizations on other planets is unrealistic so is space robot chicken made by aliens.

I love both so I don't care.

Showa era had fun origins for most foes, though space invaders was the big go to (natural during the time period). Heisei era reinvented origins and most were poor, and Millennium era really pushed origins. I still hate that Mechagodzilla became a good guy in the fight against Godzilla after the 70s.

They did?!

He was a space demon that destroyed civilizations on other planets such as Mars.

Origin complete.

Gigan is a giant robot chicken monster built and controlled by alien cockroaches.

I don't see that much less far fetched.

Well, don't be so quick to say all this without proper support.

Let's go to the judges....

SpaceHunterNebulaM_disguise.jpg

oxians.jpg

The judges have decided.... You are correct!! :clap

Gigan looks like a 5yr old cane up with him. A giant monster with hook hands, a buzz saw belly and lasers come out of his eyes. Talk about overkill.

Well, don't be so quick to say all this without proper support.

Let's go to the judges....

SpaceHunterNebulaM_disguise.jpg

oxians.jpg

The judges have decided.... You are correct!! :clap
Right? The man who shows the most disdain for Showa movies probably picks the most Showa-esque of all Godzilla villains lol.
Gigan looks like a 5yr old cane up with him. A giant monster with hook hands, a buzz saw belly and lasers come out of his eyes. Talk about overkill.

I love Gigan and I love the Showa series but yeah Gigan and megalon look like the most spaced out, 70s Era driven monsters in the series (not including gabara he's not even a real monster)

I just see no way to introduce something like Ghidorah in this setting without radically redesignin' him first.
Even TOHO struggle with his origin.

I think they could get away with Ghidorah being another ancient species like Godzilla is in this universe. Kind of like the movie Reign of Fire. Dragons were depicted as prehistoric creatures. Make Ghidorah unique member of the species though. Like one of them with a mutation/birth defect that resulted with him being born having the three heads we all know and love. It does happen in nature. Think along the lines of two headed snakes or cows and what have you. I dunno I'd buy it :lol

IMG_5844.JPG

IMG_5845.JPG

Re: GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Film has an official title now, Godzilla: King of Monsters.

Terrible title for a GINO movie.

As powerful as Shin is, he also freezes like an overworked PC once he expels enough energy, Legendary would just have to wear him dosn.

Shin is built to evolve to defeat his opponent. In a fight to the death Shin would eventually become stronger than legendary in any way he needs to.

Legendary is really just a kid friendly cuddly teddy bear, he'll get the job done and maybe kill some humans here there thru collateral damage but that's the price to pay if he's going to be defender of the universe.

Shin will grin like the Joker as he steps on your kids head and spreads his tail disease lol

Film has an official title now, Godzilla: King of Monsters.

Do we have confirmation on which monsters will be in it?

I hope we get to see some kind of Maser cannon too. :rock

Back