GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legendary Pictures GODZILLA 2

He hasn't been signed to direct, just lend writing services. Don't forget too, Godzilla was Gareth Edwards' first Hollywood film, it's not as though Legendary has been throwing well known directors at this franchise.

It's being reported in the hollywood trades tha he is also directing

He hasn't been signed to direct, just lend writing services. Don't forget too, Godzilla was Gareth Edwards' first Hollywood film, it's not as though Legendary has been throwing well known directors at this franchise.

I'm just getting nervous about "studio interference" They want to build a universe here, so I fear they may hire people that can be easily manipulated and remove the creative control from the people actually creating the film. I just hope they leave some substance along with the spectacle.

I haven't seen Trick R treat or Krampus, so I really can't say much about his work.

What am I saying I loved G 2014, so what do I know :lol

We'll see Skull Island ahead of time enough. Way I see it, that film and Godzilla 2014 are setting the tone for the Legendary kaiju-verse outside of Pacific Rim and I anticipate consistency from there.

The "Versus" movie needs to happen.
If not the giant ape, then a 3-headed dragon, or a sexy butterfly.

More than writer/director, I'm concerned about the story, and more so, where it will go. When this movie was announced, Edwards was helming, Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra were on the table to use, and Godzilla 3 was to follow.

Since then, Godzilla 3 has become Godzilla vs Kong, Edwards has left and new writers are on board. I have no idea where they're taking this series at this point, will the classic Toho foes be thrown out in favor of something that can be killed to fan approval so when Godzilla and Kong meet, no one's like, what about Rodan or Mothra, or will those monsters mix with Kong as well.

This could go a number of ways and nothing right now really suggests which it'll take.

All true. They have to nail the story. Still, I wish Gareth Edwards was still involved.

Being director, Gareth takes a lot of blame for the shortcomings, but I thought Monsters was great and it set and expectation for me of what he could pull off, I still think he could. I question how much input he had, how nervous he was taking on Hollywood vs independent film. Oh well, Disney ruined him :lol

Being director, Gareth takes a lot of blame for the shortcomings, but I thought Monsters was great and it set and expectation for me of what he could pull off, I still think he could. I question how much input he had, how nervous he was taking on Hollywood vs independent film. Oh well, Disney ruined him :lol

LOL! He'll be alright as long as Disney doesn't attach puppet strings on his arms and legs. :lol

LOL! He'll be alright as long as Disney doesn't attach puppet strings on his arms and legs. :lol

Behind the scenes photo of Disney consulting with Edwards on the set of Rogue One.

film1.jpg

Why would Gigan work but not Ghidorah?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gigan is overkill. Ghidorah is Godzilla's arch nemesis of course he'll be in a movie.

I like Gigan too but Ghidorah is essential for this universe since we probably won't get a large amount of movies with this GZ.

I just see no way to introduce something like Ghidorah in this setting without radically redesignin' him first.
Even TOHO struggle with his origin.

I just see no way to introduce something like Ghidorah in this setting without radically redesignin' him first.
Even TOHO struggle with his origin.
They did?!

He was a space demon that destroyed civilizations on other planets such as Mars.

Origin complete.

Gigan is a giant robot chicken monster built and controlled by alien cockroaches.

I don't see that much less far fetched.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back