Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics of the updated SEGA figures have come in.

For comparison, here's a pretty fair shot of the original.

4c74ca0d62f8a63313e61b4f59e9a7de.jpg

So the only indicator of which you're getting is there's check boxes at the bottom of the box next to each version. I have no clue whether BBTS is getting both or one specific, it'll be interesting if they just ship, somewhat exciting to open the shipping box and see which check box is marked, though I would rather option to choose which version I get.

C3Kz-t7UEAAAt-b

New Red Version

C3K2i1TUMAIlqYS

C3K2PTxVYAEsrE3

C3KzZPmUcAAVgma

C3KuWifUEAAP5T5

C3Kpr-UVYAE4Tle

C3KmwVDVMAAkWIt

C3KmSk6UEAEUtlG

C3KmTD6UcAAmPg9

Atomic Ray Variant

C3KqQZiUoAAk1Ml

C3KqRqHVUAA9QMg

C3KmTpYVcAAwuVh

C3KmUGzUYAE0PoU

Can we get one directly from Tamashii, or do they not sell to the US?

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000111775/
Here's the page. Good luck with trying to order. You can use a proxy of course. Saw them on ebay for $199 + shipping. It's almost 16,000 yen plus all the fees and such that you would encounter using a proxy, so ebay might be best bet. Saw two yesterday, but both gone now. I'm sure they will relist though.

Wow. That NECA Shin looks awful. I'm amazed at how they managed to cut up David's sculpt so poorly. Crazy.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000111775/
Here's the page. Good luck with trying to order. You can use a proxy of course. Saw them on ebay for $199 + shipping. It's almost 16,000 yen plus all the fees and such that you would encounter using a proxy, so ebay might be best bet. Saw two yesterday, but both gone now. I'm sure they will relist though.

Thanks for the info. I will probably keep a check on ebay.

That NECA... *sigh*... I'm not expecting them to achieve the sculpt level of SHMA's shin but c'mon... after their good '54 and ok 2001, this is disappointing. It looks like a shin godzilla made of balloons with all those soft and round details, not too mention those terrible articulation cuts, and what is that flat triangular red thing in his mouth?? at least give it some texture.. *sigh*

but hey, maybe it will look better in hand since it's only 6 inch tall according to NECA's FB page..

That NECA Shin...I dunno. It's a decent effort. I really don't like the head and the tail is pretty short. I'm also nervous about the final paint on production.

they said its 6 inches tall and 12 inches long from head to tail.. yep, too short...

if i see it at RUS i would buy but doubt i would go out of my way to get, have the SHMA.

thoughts on what the most screen-accurate shin sculpt is yet? im leaning towards banpresto or x-plus for that but there are some kaiyodo kits that are better no?

if i see it at RUS i would buy but doubt i would go out of my way to get, have the SHMA.

thoughts on what the most screen-accurate shin sculpt is yet? im leaning towards banpresto or x-plus for that but there are some kaiyodo kits that are better no?

sculpt-wise Kaiyodo (obviously) and SHMA hands down, made by the same person in the same studio and according to the Shinji Higuchi and Yauchi (director and producer of the movie) almost in the same time with the maquette, they even say the SHMA is the "brother" of the maquette. It's just too bad the terrible quality control on the paint brings the figure down...

Banpresto seems good overall, but X-plus' sculpt looks choppy to me. It's like someone finds a tree and decides to make shin goji of it using an axe..

here's the video of Shin's director and producer about SHMA Shin, Kou Kyo Kyoku, and man-size goji.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jad4ivN_VE

But for $23 can anyone really complain?

I've never really identified with that mentality. I can critique a product I'm interested in. That's sort of the point of this forum. If i see the final product and don't like it, I just won't buy it...but I'm allowed to say "why", ya know?

The head bums me out, especially the teeth. I like the 6 inch bandai better actually, so I may just stick with that.

I'll wait for Maulfans pics. he usually brings out the potential of a figure.

Okay, here we go. Looks like Kaiyodo is going to release their mammoth 20"/50cm tall Shin Godzilla maquette as a kit. Price supposed about 60,000 yen/$520.00. Got this off of Kaiyodo's twitter feed. UPDATE--CRAP! This looks to be a Wonder Festival exclusive limited to 300 copies.

C21cH1EUoAE3ePT.jpg

Last edited:
Those Kaiyodos really impossible for me to get.. I'll just stick to my SHMA then.. managed to knock down the gloss a bit

20170129_183115.jpg
20170129_182226.jpg

Back