Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA is good, but I believe that is a bit of a stretch. As far as their Godzilla line, 2014 and 1954 are the best that they have done.

nope... not a stretch at all.. I'm talking about likeness or accuracy here not quality. Quality wise yeah Hot Toys wins, but accuracy? Neca with Kyle Windrix wins hands down. I even remember there's a thread here about what HT needs to do to improve their predator line, and almost all agree they need to get rid of Joseph Tsang.. but that's another topic. On godzilla, I agree their 2014 and 54 are the best, that's why looking at their shin feels more disappointing...

Those two are the only Godzillas that I'd even feel can be displayed next to monsterarts quality wise

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've never really identified with that mentality. I can critique a product I'm intereThe head bums me out, especially the teeth. I like the 6 inch bandai better actually, so I may just stick with that.

I'll wait for Maulfans pics. he usually brings out the potential of a figure.

I actually feel that the Bandai vinyl has the better sculpt and is one of of the best Shin Godzilla sculpts on the market, but, I also feel NECA is not showing theirs off for all it can be, some shots have his limbs clearly posed in awkward positions that throw off the sculpt work and look of the figure.

Nope. I'm would love to see X-Plus make a deal where they could get that mold and make a "Gigantic" Shin.

You and me both. It would be the most expensive Gigantic released by them but it would be worth every penny.

MF, is there any particular reason they wouldn't try to use a kaiyodo sculpt that you can think of? X-plus clearly isn't contractually obligated to use one company.

I can't think of a reason they wouldn't, they just seem to have a working, successful relationship with Sakai and he's done a Shin sculpt already. Kaiyodo may not sell the sculpt though, as their Shin was developed in conjunction with the production team and designers, making it a very unique collector piece replicating a movie prop rather than an artist representation of a movie. I feel that's why Kaiyodo's piece is so limited and expensive, the fact it's a replica of the movie maquette and not just their version of Shin like X-Plus or Bandai.

Those are good points. Yeah, I'd agree. The eventual gigantic shin will likely come from another company. However if it is being sold as a kit now that might make kaiyodo more inclined.

Maybe, but those Wonderfest pieces are super rare, like the various Kaibutsuya vinyl casts of their '84 that have been sold there, I hear Wonderfest exclusive on anything and immediately give up hope of getting one lol.

While not as spot on as Kaiyodo, a Gigantic Sakai Shin would certainly be worth owning.

Letting you guys know if you ordered the reissue X-Plus 2000 godzilla from anywhere ask the place to inspect it before shipping. Dorsal fins are breaking due to faulty packaging design and the weather. Flossies and vampire robots are inspecting each of there shipment and flossies half of stock was found with broken dorsal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

That sucks. I think my girlfriend picked one up from my local comic shop for my birthday. Better talk her into letting me open it early just to be on the safe side. Don't want it to be too late to get a replacement if it is damaged.

appreciate all the replies on which shin sculpt is most accurate! im sure that has been gone over lots so to re-tread for me is appreciated.:clap my first X-plus is on the way, shin. have the SHMA but couldnt resist bigger one for collect when i saw it restocked at hobby search.

im tryin hard to get a shin design at Ript Apparel where it would be sold as a $11 shirt. my first attempt has made it to a gallery needing votes so if you dig pls vote gotta register make a account all needed is email addy.
https://www.riptapparel.com/pages/gallery?gallery=chicago
if you vote i will owe ya one.
:pray:

You will like the X-Plus Shin. The sculpt is really nice and even though it is in their large monster series, it is a good size. I love mine and I am currently looking to get a RIC exclusive as well.

After the post about the X-Plus Previews G 2000 having some issues with the spines breaking, I talked my girlfriend into letting me open my birthday present early. She swore that it was not a Godzilla figure, but I could tell it was by feeling the box. When I opened it, I found that it was in fact the X-Plus G 2000. I was anxious to open it up, but somewhat concerned at the same time. I got lucky and the figure was in great condition with no broken spines. I really did not care for that design of the Big G on film, but the figure is really cool, and it looks great with his X-Plus buddies. It is probably one of my favorite X-Plus G figures.

Back