Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most NECA Godzillas have a slight underbite, don't know why they can't articulate the jaw and not have that happen.

These were posted on Facebook earlier today of the unpainted resin prototype! Photos courtesy of David Silva, the sculptor of the most of, if not all of NECA's Godzillas
14692034_1328810683825827_5461802378600196107_o.jpg

14681020_1328810717159157_4673758849916634393_o.jpg

14682003_1328811017159127_6012274948443606801_o.jpg

14706806_1328810937159135_68058612835146969_o.jpg

good enough for 20 bucks i think tho do wish it was more accurate. seein shin Godzilla tonight so stoked!:yess:

Someone made a comment that I think is a perfect description of NECA Godzilla's, they look like toys. I know, duh right, but what I think they meant, or at least how I feel is they aren't Sakai perfect scults straight out the movie, nor are they 100% stylized, they're kind of like when Hasbro does Jurassic Park dinosaurs, more so the early 90s one, they weren't spot on collector level, but they also weren't kid friendly exaggerations, they were somewhere in between. It's clearly Shin Godzilla, and I think they captured all the unique features of him and the overall attitude, but it's not a straight copy from the movie.

For me, I buy Godzilla's that look enough like the movie and also embody what I love about the design, and overall NECA satisfies that for me very well, other than '85, my NECAs are some of my most favorite Godzillas i own, even in a collection full of Sakais.

I don't think I've owned a single neca Godzilla aside from 2014. They look good for their price point but usually they look derpy or stumpy. Something with the anatomy is usually very off to my liking.

I like the ones that look more like statues or higher end than the toy looking ones though. But it's good that the market is going strong--something for everybody

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In general, I really like the Necas though I own none of them. That's because I have so many other G figures and models. If it weren't for that, I would be all over them. I am a stickler for accuracy, but I do understand the category these fall into. I like the comparison to the early 90's JP figures.

I guess Godzillas hard to nail down, but NECA can nail all these predator and alien monsters or Arnold's likeness, kratos or Nathan Drake but Godzilla doesn't blow me away. 2014 was their best one. 1954 wasn't bad either. Gmk is decent and shin..so far it's promising

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well NECA essentially has a dedicated Godzilla sculptor and he doesn't seem as strong at the accuracy as whoever does their Aliens and Predators. That said, with plenty of spot on Godzilla products out there, I welcome the unique look of NECA.

Not accurate but looks awesome. Will get. I haven't gotten a Neca Godzilla figure since 84 was released.

I wish I had picked up one of those Banpresto's before they reached $300 bucks. I tried to order one of the little SEGA figures from AMIAMI. It said it would let me order once they figured up shipping. I suppose that is normal?

I don't think I've owned a single neca Godzilla aside from 2014. They look good for their price point but usually they look derpy or stumpy. Something with the anatomy is usually very off to my liking.

The 1954 Godzilla is, IMO, their best one yet and a solid figure. Head and shoulders above their other offerings.

NECA will be shrinking the head by 3% and it will retail around $25. There's a purple charged up version coming hopefully Summer 2017. Randy even said they may do the young A and B versions as well.

So Diamond is releasing the Gigantic GMK blue dorsal fin coming out next month already!

I believe Flossie has it for under $400.
Gigantic GMK Blue Dorsal Reissue isn't coming until January 2017. What's coming out next month is the 92 Godzilla Reissue and the 84 Reissue in December. They said that they pushed those out early to make room for the Gigantic GMK. I got an email about my 92 order and explained the early release and the reason behind it was the GMK. GMK is not until January.
Was it confirmed that it is indeed next month?

Flossie is listing this at January 2017.

it's January 2017 still nothing changed. Both 92 and 84 moved up early to make room for GMK in January.

it's January 2017 still nothing changed. Both 92 and 84 moved up early to make room for GMK in January.
Thanks Ryan. Let me know if you find the GMK reissue cheaper elsewhere. I'm trying to convince myself that I need this one because of the blue dorsal fins. :duff

Back