Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The banpresto is sakai I believe and xplus isnt. The x-plus needs a killer paintjob

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The X-Plus is definitely looking better... Is it wrong that I still like the Banpresto sculpt a tiny bit more?

If you want to be accurate to the film and capture the spirit of Godzilla from a particular film, you really can't beat Sakai, who did the Banpresto. The only sculptor who could match him, in my book, is the guy who sculpted the maquette and design for the movie. The $1000 Kaiyodo piece coming out is just as good as the Banpresto since it's a replica of the maquette, but good luck affording that, though that big piece at $1000 is more worth it than the $300 Banpresto is fetching right now.

If you want to be accurate to the film and capture the spirit of Godzilla from a particular film, you really can't beat Sakai, who did the Banpresto. The only sculptor who could match him, in my book, is the guy who sculpted the maquette and design for the movie. The $1000 Kaiyodo piece coming out is just as good as the Banpresto since it's a replica of the maquette, but good luck affording that, though that big piece at $1000 is more worth it than the $300 Banpresto is fetching right now.

You're telling me. If only I had an extra car to sell... (Of course, I'd probably need the empty garage space just to work on building that enormous model... :lol)

His name is Takayuki Takeya, and he's considered a living legend among sculptors worldwide, although his old fashioned and somewhat unique taste often results in products that doesn't sell well (ie. who'll buy an action figure of a horse??). Shin goji is his second work in Godzilla world, the first one is a Godzilla skeleton sculpt for M1 resin kit more than a couple of decades ago.

It's growing on me. That second trailer looks awesome. The tiny arms still look wrong. Yeah, Takayuki Takeya is a sculpting god along with Yasushi Nirasawa (RIP).

I find my love for the design is definitely strengthened by further understanding of his origin story in the movie and what they were going for. It also helps that the final CGI model and maquette look much better than the puppet/animatronic they developed and was leaked early on.

I find my love for the design is definitely strengthened by further understanding of his origin story in the movie and what they were going for. It also helps that the final CGI model and maquette look much better than the puppet/animatronic they developed and was leaked early on.

I agree. Now if I could just find someone to translate the entire "Making of Book" I pre-ordered off of Amazon Japan... :lol

I have many Japanese Godzilla books, I buy for photos so I'm very selective, the more image heavy the better. I want the Shin art book, but $100 is a lot right now, though it is like 500 pages.

In Tokyo on vacation right now and decided to watch Shin Godzilla at the Toho theatres with the giant Godzilla head at the top of the building. Don't speak any Japanese so it was an interesting experience. One thing that stood out was at the end of the movie the lights stayed off and everyone just sat in complete silence as the entire credits rolled through to the end. It was a jarring experience for me as in North America people just get up and leave.

Without giving away too much of the movie, there was definitely an intense amount of talking and I really feel it wouldn't do well at all in the North American box office. This movie makes the 2014 movie look like a non stop action Micheal Bay film in comparison.

I'm glad I checked it out over here because it was an opportunity to see Godzilla in the city it's based in and the were a couple of entertaining moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Box day... Go big or go home.

001.JPG

They are. Aren't they. Considering what's inside is gobsmackingly amaze-o-balls!!!

In Tokyo on vacation right now and decided to watch Shin Godzilla at the Toho theatres with the giant Godzilla head at the top of the building. Don't speak any Japanese so it was an interesting experience. One thing that stood out was at the end of the movie the lights stayed off and everyone just sat in complete silence as the entire credits rolled through to the end. It was a jarring experience for me as in North America people just get up and leave.

Without giving away too much of the movie, there was definitely an intense amount of talking and I really feel it wouldn't do well at all in the North American box office. This movie makes the 2014 movie look like a non stop action Micheal Bay film in comparison.

I'm glad I checked it out over here because it was an opportunity to see Godzilla in the city it's based in and the were a couple of entertaining moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well, here's hoping less is best.

Anyone that ordered Bandai's Monster King Shin Godzilla from BBTS get an in stock notification yet? There's a couple other places stateside that still seem to be waiting on stock. It's a bit hard to gauge just how frenzied the demand is for this stuff.

Anyone that ordered Bandai's Monster King Shin Godzilla from BBTS get an in stock notification yet? There's a couple other places stateside that still seem to be waiting on stock. It's a bit hard to gauge just how frenzied the demand is for this stuff.

Not yet, last couple things that came into BBTS that I had on order, I got coming within 10 day notices for, not even that yet. With the MMS Shin Gojira, it was about 10 days, my Funko Aliens set arrived at the warehouse the day after the 10 day notice, hoping for that with MKS Shin, I really want him.

Since I was repainting my Jakks Batman I decided to repaint the Jakks Godzilla which I've had for two years now, so finally!

His base color and dry brush are done, next week I will do the fins glowing blue to finish him up.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back