Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, it's underwhelming... :monkey2
While accurate overall, the pose is just not good for this design.
Should have went with stoic/heroic posture plus Garuda.

I'm betting there will be a Ric exclusive version with Garuda. The Jesus pose you posted is much cooler than what they went with, though.

I think he was joking . Hopefully. He is still a lizard reptile thingy. I read spoilers and they said nothing about a shark.

I don't mean shin in the movie actually mutated from a shark, but about the concept design on him... observing the design of Kaiju A, it resembles a frilled shark, especially the head and tail. Google "frilled shark".

I'm betting there will be a Ric exclusive version with Garuda. The Jesus pose you posted is much cooler than what they went with, though.

I'm betting on the exclusive as well. As far as the pose, what exactly is so different between the photo and the figure.....the arm position? MG doesn't exactly use a huge repertoire of positions.

image.jpeg

I'm hearing the movie is fantastic

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From what I've heard, it has a very well crafted story, Godzilla action is great, and the only thing of concern for how it will be received in other territories is how specific to Japan the storyline is, how aspects can be seen as shots at the U.S. and such, but so was Gojira and it spawned a 60 year lasting franchise, so time will tell. I don't get ******** over shots taken at the U.S. government, I'd probably agree with many.

I hope the movie is really good. It's so hard to tell with the internet hyping everything up (for better or worse) these days. It'll be interesting to see how it's shown stateside. I'm hoping for subtitles instead of dubs; I can't see it doing that well over here either way which is a shame. What is the highest-grossing subtitled film in the US anyways? I always figure so many people are too lazy to read - they'd just skip it. :ohbfrank:

Godzilla is, in the end Japanese, so I find myself warming a bit more to this than I otherwise normally would. The Gareth Edwards movie almost had me all in until it became apparent that there were other monsters Godzilla would be fighting. Not the tone I was looking for. (That and he appears in Japan only to stalk over to the US. Because we're the center of everything, you know. :lol)

Lastly, MaulFan thank you for posting those pics - very cool. I'll say it again: we could almost have a thread for Godzilla customs... :wink1:

I'm not sure a whole threat for customs, mainly cuz no one doing them posts here, most of the hand made stuff here is because they are kits you have to build, not so much customizing something already made.

As for subs or dub, based on what I've read, dub is most likely, apparently there's a number of intensely back and forth dialogue scenes that sound like they'd be nearly impossible to sub, or they'd have to ignore some of the speech and give us the key talk.

The preorders for the xplus diamond reissues of G14 and that wonderful, beautiful, gorgeous Sakai GMK are up at most place. PO'rd both. I neeeeed that GMK.

Yeah, this thing is gorgeous! But are there any differences between this reissue and the previous release?

848e64e8e6b3acf72545f3487c00da201450023163_full.jpg

The X-Plus is definitely looking better... Is it wrong that I still like the Banpresto sculpt a tiny bit more?

The X-Plus is definitely looking better... Is it wrong that I still like the Banpresto sculpt a tiny bit more?

Definitely not wrong since the Banpresto is a Sakai sculpt. Glad I snagged one before the prices went insane.

Back