Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's pretty cool. Much better in hand than in all the pics I've seen. I'm glad because he's always been my personal fav. Kinda hope they do a revised version and a 12" or 18" sooner or later.

It's been a good year so far.

IMG_3910_zps5b8f0436.jpg

IMG_3916_zps0ec0bad4.jpg

IMG_3909_zpsff860daa.jpg

IMG_3904_zps767717e1.jpg

I was wondering where ppl were talking about Ghidorah. Finally found this thread.

What is this ****!?!?!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420398245.726055.jpg

Amiami better help me out. Emailing them today. My box was absolutely mangled. Completely unacceptable.

I was wondering where ppl were talking about Ghidorah. Finally found this thread.

What is this ****!?!?!

View attachment 156160

Amiami better help me out. Emailing them today. My box was absolutely mangled. Completely unacceptable.

This is AmiAmi's email response that was posted on FB By a Fellow Collector

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 218
This is AmiAmi's email response that was posted on FB By a Fellow Collector

Not surprising. Also, ********.

I emailed them. I expect some resitution for this, even if I can fix it which I probably can. I either want them to pay for return shipping and give me a full refund or give me a sizable amount of my money back, like $50+. Receiving a completely broken toy is unacceptable.

Their response is complete and utter BS ! I bought a Gigantic Burning G from them and im pretty sure it was a little bigger than KG

Their response is complete and utter BS ! I bought a Gigantic Burning G from them and im pretty sure it was a little bigger than KG

Yeah and I've had statues shipped from Singapore that were 5x heavier and 2-3x as large. It costs a bundle and might require fedex, but it's not against us regulations, but it might be against usps policy.

Not surprising. Also, ********.

I emailed them. I expect some resitution for this, even if I can fix it which I probably can. I either want them to pay for return shipping and give me a full refund or give me a sizable amount of my money back, like $50+. Receiving a completely broken toy is unacceptable.
You have to play tough with AmiAmi, open a PayPal dispute. I ran into issues with them before and that was the only solution.

Ok so question... I have one metal rod and two severed heads. I recall the rod being in the middle, shorter piece of the head, but as you can see there's nowhere for it to go in the middle neck attached to the body. There are holes on both ends of the left straighter head but it doesn't fit well in one of them. Where do you guys think the rod belongs?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420434182.996661.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420434193.095925.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420434204.361568.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420434210.963311.jpg

Yeah I'm going the distance with this one. What was the ultimate resolution you had for your problem?

PayPal refunded me. AmiAmi put a block on my account with them and said that if I removed the dispute then they'd allow me to order again. I was like no chance. Their initial offer when I first contacted them about my defective item was to give me $10. I just took my PayPal dispute money and ordered the same item from another online retailer. I doubt I'll shop with AmiAmi again.

PayPal refunded me. AmiAmi put a block on my account with them and said that if I removed the dispute then they'd allow me to order again. I was like no chance. Their initial offer when I first contacted them about my defective item was to give me $10. I just took my PayPal dispute money and ordered the same item from another online retailer. I doubt I'll shop with AmiAmi again.

Wow, I've never used them but I see that shop posted here a lot for Godzilla products and deals, but if that's how they treat customers, I won't ever give them business, that's awful.

And you didn't have to return the broken item?

I managed to repair my ghidorah last night and he looks great, but I am still pissed about it arriving broken and me having to repair it. Who knows how long the glue I used will hold, I couldn't do it without a few small glossy drops oozing onto the paint and joints. We'll see what amiami says and if it's lame then paypal dispute it is. No need to order from them again. I prefer hlj anyway and had stopped ordering from amiami a while ago anyways because they were jerks about helping me with a gokin I got from them.

And you didn't have to return the broken item?

I managed to repair my ghidorah last night and he looks great, but I am still pissed about it arriving broken and me having to repair it. Who knows how long the glue I used will hold, I couldn't do it without a few small glossy drops oozing onto the paint and joints. We'll see what amiami says and if it's lame then paypal dispute it is. No need to order from them again. I prefer hlj anyway and had stopped ordering from amiami a while ago anyways because they were jerks about helping me with a gokin I got from them.
I did have to return it, that was part of the PayPal resolution

The thing is AmiAmi is only treating their international customers like this. Their domestic customers are getting their KG's shipped in a shipping box

I did have to return it, that was part of the PayPal resolution

Gotcha. Well, considering I'll never find a KG for less than 400-500, getting my money back on a return doesn't do much. I was able to repair it satisfactorily but amiami should do some reimbursement for their screw up and the hassle of receiving a broken figure.

I'm just lucky mine was all broken at the joints and not things like the horns.

Other than the breakage issues, this being my first xplus kaiju, I am really pleased. I have the 1955 anguirus coming to my lcs through diamond soon too. Not going to collect many of these. Will pick a Godzilla, get a gamera and then a destroyah if it happens but that will likely be it. Though I do have my eye on the 2001 gigantic series godzilla.

King G has an incredible presence on the shelf.

Back