Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup...I had bandai's 8 inch and I loved that toy. A high end figure with that build (and a closed mouth feature) would be an instant favorite. Surprised there hasn't really been closed-mouth GMK's. I think a lot of people love how his fangs hang out how his lips curl and how his brow comes down when he's angry.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Closed mouth Godzilla's are rare. Bandai's '91 was a big deal because of it. I've only seen a few pieces with it, usually model kits. If it has to be one way or the other I prefer roaring personally, though sometimes closed mouth is nice too. I'd love to get a second Kaiyodo '84 and have it built moth closed. Like I mentioned, with the small 2014 figure from NECA, I'm liking it closed mouth more. In toy form, open mouth just doesn't seem to convey his power or threat like closed does, which for me is rare, usually, the roaring look makes him seem more powerful.

Closed mouth Godzilla's are rare. Bandai's '91 was a big deal because of it. I've only seen a few pieces with it, usually model kits. If it has to be one way or the other I prefer roaring personally, though sometimes closed mouth is nice too. I'd love to get a second Kaiyodo '84 and have it built moth closed. Like I mentioned, with the small 2014 figure from NECA, I'm liking it closed mouth more. In toy form, open mouth just doesn't seem to convey his power or threat like closed does, which for me is rare, usually, the roaring look makes him seem more powerful.

I feel as 'll the most intimidating Godzilla designs have looked more evil with a closed mouth. The ric boy 64 looks so mean. Gmk and '89 look so badass with the closed mouth. And the way godzilla looks in this strike game with his mouth closed is epic.

huhyvaba.jpg

X-Plus will have the teeth but he'll look like he dropped 100 lbs :lol

It does close, most people are getting it with the jaw sticking, I just had to pop one side out and then back in and it worked fine, sometimes with NECA the paint can stick the joints a little.

I'm glad for the feature, on the small figure at least I kind of prefer it mouth closed, just because the head is so small.

Did exactly as you suggested and it worked, thanks! The closed mouth look on this smaller figure is definitely the way to go in my opinion, hopefully the 24" Neca figure will allow for some roaring poses and what not.

Thats a positive and a negative. Well potentially. Next to the x plus guys, 2014 might look silly with all his seems. Obviously its hard to tell with the unpainted cast that MaulFan linked earlier. If they hide those seams he'll look great next to them. If not, then he'll look cheap. Imo. Some people won't care. I probably wont if the Neca version comes out badass.

True to a point, yours looks great in that photo before I turned his head into a blauplunkt.

But yeah, no joint lines are also awesome in their own way.

Neca seems to have the design down pact (way more than they do the 94 version imo) so here's to being optimistic. I cant believe we haven't seen the final version yet. Or more from monsterarts. Word.

The Burning Godzilla came in today. Aside from some very ugly joint seams behind his thighs, he looks great. Such a powerful sculpt. His face is perfect. The spines look better higher up on his back imo.the burning effect is nailed. The extra hands and little ray gun trucks are awesome. He makes my godzilla '94 look puny.

2y7u9uge.jpg

jyhypera.jpg

vegyryqa.jpg

u9ure6y6.jpg

Neca seems to have the design down pact (way more than they do the 94 version imo) so here's to being optimistic. I cant believe we haven't seen the final version yet. Or more from monsterarts. Word.

Well apparently Neca utilized digital models from the cgi...perhaps output as well, for 2014 LegendGoji ( that Heisei version sucks in comparison, too smooth, and head looks weird)
... If you compare the LegendGoji figure to the digital output in the Art of Destruction book, it's almost a carbon copy, scale for scale, bump for bump, even the most minute and numerous of warbles and cracks and creases are exactly where they should be...and the proportions are EXACT.
Precise AND accurate!

The sh monsterarts version is sculpted by hand and as much as it looks like a sculpt, apparently that's what it really is, vs the digital output ( and manual tweaks I am sure) from Neca ... Which is why it is totally dead on...

Is hot toys doing Godzilla. I saw a pic of him and gamera on the ht fb page next to raiden.

Back