Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the Gigantic Godzilla 2019 showed up today.

In all honesty I was a little let down at first.. I think that has to do with the fact that while I like the design of the 2019 G, its still not my G.

It also did not seem to fill the hole in my heart that the Gigantic Burning G left when I made the mistake of selling him.

I was seriously going to see if anyone on any of the Godzilla facebook pages would want to possibly trade Burning G for this guy..

However after getting him set up and put on the shelf at a nice angle.. Well the hole, if anything, got a lot smaller.

The detail on this thing is amazing. As many have said, it looks like it walked off the screen and onto my shelf.

Paint apps are great. Sculpt is great. Pose is great. This just might dethrone Gigantic Burning G.

I have had Gigantic 95, 62, and 64. This easily tops them all in terms of pure detail. 2014 and 62 are probably the closest accuracy wise.

I never seen the Shin gigantic G in person but that one looks like the piece to beat in terms of accuracy and detail. This piece comes close IMO.

Anyways great piece. Fans should jump on it.

Got a new shelf and lighting just for this guy, man I used to dream that one day we'll get a G statue as detailed as X-Plus Gigantic's and now I can't believe I'm actually living that dream.
IMG_E0343.jpg
IMG_E0348.jpg
IMG_E0336.jpg
IMG_E0347.jpg
IMG_E0271.jpg

The comparison really takes the Sideshow statue down a bit more than it was even before having a better detailed piece next to it. A cool pose/composition, but for the price, never felt like as good a statue as it should have been.

just stumbled into this thread, saw your pictures and had to get this guy. I have no other Godzilla stuff and no idea where to put him but damn he is so cool

The comparison really takes the Sideshow statue down a bit more than it was even before having a better detailed piece next to it. A cool pose/composition, but for the price, never felt like as good a statue as it should have been.

I think it destroys it.

I?m also not a fan of the statue pose because it was him at his weakness when the skyscraper fell on top of him in 14.

That Gigantic is just pure unleashed force of nature in other words Godzilla as he should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I notice that no one is using the other tail stand that is included. Any particular reason why?

I'm not using the other tail stand because I don't like it, and to be honest, I don't think that it is really needed.
When I first set mine up, I used both of the stands, but didn't like the way it looked. That other stand also came
with the Gigantic Shin, and it is needed. The Shin tail is longer and a lot heavier than G19's tail. To me, I also feel
that the grey plastic stand provides more stable support than the other.

Impressive every single time I look at a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm too, mesmerized by its awesomeness.
It's quite a contrast indeed, SS really needed to step up if they ever do a new one. But I still like the maquette regardless, its presence, sculpt and movie accuracy are good, just lacking detail and paint app.
just stumbled into this thread, saw your pictures and had to get this guy. I have no other Godzilla stuff and no idea where to put him but damn he is so cool
Haha you made the right choice mate :), it looks truly awesome in person.

I notice that no one is using the other tail stand that is included. Any particular reason why?
It's not needed at all and the statue simply looks better without it.

The detail on the X Plus is phenomenal. Really highlights how poor the detailing in the SS sculpt is.

If you put some adhesives on the feet would you get away with not using the tail support?

I'm hoping that X-Plus gives Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah that same treatment. Especially Mothra in both of her forms.

If by treatment you mean detail sure, if you mean a gigantic release, a Ghidorah scaled to the 25 or 30 CM line would be Gigantic sized already, they'll never do 2019 Ghidorah as a Gigantic.

The detail on the X Plus is phenomenal. Really highlights how poor the detailing in the SS sculpt is.

If you put some adhesives on the feet would you get away with not using the tail support?

From what I've heard, it's a heavy tail. The socket where it inserts can be strained if it's not properly supported.

Yea, adhesive on the feet would definitely not let you get away from using the tail stand.
The tail is just too massive for that to work. The grey plastic stand, while it may not look great,
works well to hold the tail up.

Being seeing a lot of pics on twitter of the RIC Gigantic 2019 and that thing maybe even better than the regular edition. The paint on the regular is superb. But the paint on the RIC is absolutely jawdropping :eek

Hmmmmm I don?t like the Ric... I don?t like the blue eyes and the blue dry brush look it has on any part but the dorsal plates. The blue on the dorsal plates looks amazing though.

Being seeing a lot of pics on twitter of the RIC Gigantic 2019 and that thing maybe even better than the regular edition. The paint on the regular is superb. But the paint on the RIC is absolutely jawdropping :eek

Yes it is, and I can't wait to get my RIC.

Side by side.
80037002_154425675898124_2274063824636084224_n.jpg
It's much darker toned and quite a bit over spray with the blue paint. I reckon it needs more white highlight in the spines.

Back