Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/...zilla-shmonsterarts-action-figure/blfbas60898

I'm also curious, why did I not see it go on pre-order at AmiAmi or HLJ? Nothing's been mentioned about this being "Premium" so I think it's a normal release. It's not on the Premium Bandai site so it also tells me it's a standard release. It's not even on the Japanese Tamashii site, I guess they're making it available here in the US first because it's "Hollywood Godzilla"?

I also find it so weird that even though most stores only limit 1 toy to each account these days, they still sell out super fast! Take for example the Figuarts Super Saiyan 4 Goku last week. It constantly kept being sold out within minutes whenever a store made it available, and it's usually 1 per customer!

I think a number of factors may be at play.

- Initial available inventory may have been low and stores need to reach out to order more. Those same sites had Godzilla and Kong up for some time and only just recently started to sell out, so they probably allocated Mechagodzilla stock based on that.
- NECA is no longer in the game.
- Godzilla and Kong have more options for figures out there, this Mechagodzilla only has a mediocre Playmates figure for alternative.
- Godzilla and Kong are selling out now so people are probably nervous to miss out, I know I was.
- With Sideshow you have the option to use rewards to reduce your cost.
- With BBTS you get $4 flat rate shipping.

It’s like the perfect time to put it up for order and have high sales.

Well, MG may or may not have sold out already. Remains to be seen if more stock will become available, but it does go to show that you need to be quick in this hobby. You have to buy it when you see it. Same thing just happened with another figure a couple of days ago. Y-MSF doesn't seem to get any love here, but they just put out a new Manda figure. Much better than their original version, 42cm long. I knew that it would go fast and I ordered as soon as it was available. By the net morning, it was sold out.
186861315_1458955197785593_9058956827172000752_n.jpg

And since I never see anyone post any models in here, here are a bunch of mine that just recently got painted.
RaysHaul001.jpg
SGnGoro001.jpg
HungryGaira003.jpg
RLpt2001.jpg
RAYsKONGS005.jpg
RAYsKONGS007.jpg
RAYsKONGS009.jpg
RaysFrank002.jpg

Very nice stuff, beautiful paint work. I pretty much own every kit that I know of on the market that I had interest in so I haven't shared kit stuff in awhile.

Where do you buy Y-MSF products from? I see them showing off new work all the time on social media but it's not clear where you can buy it.

Very nice stuff, beautiful paint work. I pretty much own every kit that I know of on the market that I had interest in so I haven't shared kit stuff in awhile.

Where do you buy Y-MSF products from? I see them showing off new work all the time on social media but it's not clear where you can buy it.
You can purchase straight from Y-MSF by sending a message to him either on Facebook or Instagram.

First pictures of the upcoming XM Studio Godzilla statue line. Supposedly around 50-60cm tall. If you know XM, prices are monster size. If not a worldwide license, add ridiculous shipping.
FB_IMG_1621416329727.jpg
FB_IMG_1621416322974.jpg

This piece is fantastic. Much nicer than that last Gigantic 54.

I missed the first Gigantic 54, but I won't miss this one. I actually
like this one better than the first one, and it's gonna be around
21" tall.

same here. i wasn't crazy about that one. I am very impressed by this one.

That looks terrific.

i think its one of the best looking Gigantics imo

It?s up on Sideshow now

hmmmm...i have less than $30 of reward points, i wonder how much Sideshow will charge to ship this guy

BBTS dropped the price to $600 thanks to Sideshow

im also thinking about POing it from BBTS. awesome collector estimates shipping to be $120-$150...its good to have choices.

New X-Plus G2000 in vinyl or resin. Resin will run you $1k, but it comes with a book....woohoo, Courtesy RIC.
sakai2000replica_re_02_2.jpg

New X-Plus G2000 in vinyl or resin. Resin will run you $1k, but it comes with a book....woohoo, Courtesy RIC.
View attachment 513491

Holy ****.

This is the maquette from the film. THE Maquette, not a maquette. The equivalent of the Sideshow Stan Winston Studios Official Predator and Pumpkinhead Maquettes.

Very expensive for a 12 inch statue but man, this is special.

I never get tired of seeing Sakai's work. It is utter perfection. It really can be impossible to tell sometimes whether you're looking at one of his models or a screenshot from the movie. People were going nuts over the recent re-issued X-Plus 95 Burning Godzilla with the translucent vinyl. Yes it looks great and I wish I would have been able to acquire one, but it is not better than the Sakai version imo. It has inaccuracies. Paint application aside, blame X-Plus, the Sakai is exactly the way it looks in the movie. The two figures are in nearly identical open mouth poses. Why choose the less accurate one? I have both since the 95 is my second favorite behind the 89, but if I could only have one, give me Sakai all day every day.

One of the things I love about Sakai is that he is faithful to the fact that Godzilla is a suit, the Toho ones pre-2016 anyway, and he includes the asymmetrical features and imperfections and those are all part of looking like what we see and come to like so much.

That's why I jumped at getting the upcoming 9" Sakai 2021 Godzilla, it's a great pose, and a chance to have one of my favorite designs sculpted by the master.

For the sheer quality of his work, my most favorite Godzilla's in my collection just happen to be his sculpts. The 30CM '84 is just amazing, as is the 8" Kaiyodo sculpt he did of the '84.

Back