Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea that xplus 2019 is to fat looking imo. Tbh I?m not a huge fan of the legendary design. The head is way to small

Screenshot_20191014-060713_Instagram.jpg

This is in scale with the X-Plus Godzilla 2019 according to Spiral Studio:
View attachment 468218

Ah yes, I guess I made the mistake of measuring the G19 on its head whereas instead I should've measure it by the tip of its tail which is raised over its head a little and that would make the scale much more comparable indeed.
1.jpg
So here's a rough comparison of 62cm head to toe Ghidorah vs 47cm Gigantic overall height. Looks pretty good then, maybe I'll pre order it after all.

^Nice to see that size comparison. I wish we would already have seen an X-plus Ghidorah 19 so we could compare but the pose of the Spiral Studio is already epic and majestic.

Yeah I hope this would give X-Plus the incentive to hurry up with their own rendition, but it's good that we have choice now and competition only benefits the customers :).

Did X-Plus make a 1964 Ghidorah as well as a 1968 Ghidorah? I thought they only made two variants of a single Ghidorah... but ebay has two different versions (judging by their head positions).

Did X-Plus make a 1964 Ghidorah as well as a 1968 Ghidorah? I thought they only made two variants of a single Ghidorah... but ebay has two different versions (judging by their head positions).

They made a 68 standing, a 68 flying, a 64 and a 64 poster color variant (Red, white and blue).

I had no idea about the 1964 version.

Are they both 30cm? I assume the 68 is the better old school Ghidorah?

They are all part of the Large Monster Series which means they scale to the comparable 25cm Godzillas. So whereas, they may be 30cm or even taller at the wing tips, they are not 1/150 scale. They only made the resin statue from many years ago in that size. I doubt they will do that again and I certainly don't see them doing a gigantic version.

Not sure what you mean by better Ghidorah. I like the 68 better than the 64 because it's got longer necks and seems a little less chunky.

They are all part of the Large Monster Series which means they scale to the comparable 25cm Godzillas. So whereas, they may be 30cm or even taller at the wing tips, they are not 1/150 scale. They only made the resin statue from many years ago in that size. I doubt they will do that again and I certainly don't see them doing a gigantic version.

Not sure what you mean by better Ghidorah. I like the 68 better than the 64 because it's got longer necks and seems a little less chunky.

I’ve always preferred Ghidorah’s look from his first appearance over all other incarnations, but it’s really just down to personal preference. I was pumped when X-plus announced Ghidorah ‘64 and shortly followed it up with Godzilla ‘64 “B” (the modified 1964 suit as it appeared in Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster). I quickly snatched up a ‘64 Rodan and placed my preorders! GTTHM is one of my all time favorite movies so it was a no brainer. I also picked up a bandai Showa Mothra larva since the only proper X-plus version was a Japan exclusive from years ago that’s impossible to find. I plan to repaint Mothra whenever I get an airbrush and get some practice.

Sorry it’s a lousy pic, but it’s the best I’ve got right now. As you mention, they are all part of the 25cm scale line.

TiZNhU3.jpg

Back