Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting point, in both '54 and '84, Godzilla slowly approaches his doom, and especially in '84, you get a sense he knows, and yet he still allows his fate to unfold.

Now, while we've been talking about death scenes, how about first appearance in a movie scenes. My personal favorite is him emerging from the volcano in Biollanted, perfect mix of visuals and music, love that scene.

Hmm....he has so many good ones....and the one you mention is among the best. I think for myself, in the typical sense, it's Godzilla vs. Biollante and Mothra vs. Godzilla.

But if I can include Gojira in this (not the peering over the hill part), I like to think of Odo Island during the typhoon as Godzilla's introduction. And although we barely see him, the music, the spectacle, the drama, the terror--all that was one of the most unforgettable scenes in a Godzilla film. I even liked the KOTM version with Steve Burr narrating as the chaos unfolded. Wow.

By the way, King Kong (2005) is on TNT as I'm typing this and I forgot how much I hated that just about every cool dinosaur ended up getting killed or getting jacked up in crazy ways. Considering I found all them cooler looking than a giant ape, I was a bit bummed lol..

EDIT: But Kong is still awesome in this movie.

Last edited:
Little interesting bit from Godzilla '84, not sure why, but some piece of the set featured the Ghostbusters logo.

8324878168_3e33b1d9e6_o.jpg

Here are some pics of the X-Plus 30 cm figures I've picked up in the last six months or so.

Godzilla 62

DSC00767_zpsa5ef546e.jpg

DSC00768_zpsa4983fa7.jpg

DSC00769_zps82c1bf2c.jpg

Godzilla 89

DSC00771_zpsd46f485d.jpg

DSC00772_zps596aeaee.jpg

Godzilla 55-Wonderfest version

DSC00773_zps60d1226e.jpg

DSC00774_zps9f10cec3.jpg

Anguirus 55-Wonderfest version

DSC00776_zps01a3b04b.jpg

DSC00777_zps272c39f3.jpg

Finally got my foot in the door with some X-Plus figures!
Last Sunday I snagged a 30cm 1992 Goji in box at auction on eBay for $225 and free shipping. I was the only bidder so thank goodness for that.
Tonight the same seller had another auction ending with the same price, this time for the 30cm 2001 Goji. I was going to wait to snipe the thing like I did with the previous one but someone actually paid the BIN of $300 forty mins before the thing ended. There goes that plan. So I looked around for that GMK, found that BBTS a single one in stock and they discounted him from $340 to $288. With the money I saved buying the 1992, I went ahead and bit the bullet on this one. Didn't want to wait for even trickier circumstances in the future.

My '92 will supposedly arrive next Saturday, not sure when the '01 will show up. Very excited, though. All I need now is a '68 (or a similar suit) and a '99 in that scale and I'll be set with my favorite suits all in 30cm. :rock

Finally got my foot in the door with some X-Plus figures!
Last Sunday I snagged a 30cm 1992 Goji in box at auction on eBay for $225 and free shipping. I was the only bidder so thank goodness for that.
Tonight the same seller had another auction ending with the same price, this time for the 30cm 2001 Goji. I was going to wait to snipe the thing like I did with the previous one but someone actually paid the BIN of $300 forty mins before the thing ended. There goes that plan. So I looked around for that GMK, found that BBTS a single one in stock and they discounted him from $340 to $288. With the money I saved buying the 1992, I went ahead and bit the bullet on this one. Didn't want to wait for even trickier circumstances in the future.

My '92 will supposedly arrive next Saturday, not sure when the '01 will show up. Very excited, though. All I need now is a '68 (or a similar suit) and a '99 in that scale and I'll be set with my favorite suits all in 30cm. :rock

Congrats on those scores. :rock

Man I would love a few of these (the 68 G and Ang) but I can't justify that HT level price.

They recently released 68 Godzilla and Anguirus in the slightly smaller scale at around $100 per piece, but it looks like they're sold out pretty much everywhere that had them at that price point.

Picked up the Godzilla vs Magalon DVD today was in a store and took a shot looking at their DVDs, and they had several copies to my surprise, I thought it never got released. Now '84 is the only movie I don't have on official DVD/BR :tap I don't have Revenge but I don't see a point to owning a clip movie other than to be completist.

Picked up the Godzilla vs Magalon DVD today was in a store and took a shot looking at their DVDs, and they had several copies to my surprise, I thought it never got released. Now '84 is the only movie I don't have on official DVD/BR :tap I don't have Revenge but I don't see a point to owning a clip movie other than to be completist.

Wasn't the BR version of that delayed? I think the DVD made it to stores just fine.

Not a clue, I don't even care about BR for this one so I didn't look. DVD looks just fine on the BR player. I've come to realize watching it today though, as the early years go on and Godzilla really becomes humanity's buddy, I tend to like the films less and less, with exception of G vs Mecha G, they bounced back a bit to darkness there, though G was still the savior. I really prefer him to be man's enemy. Even though he fights baddies, from '84 on, he was always a threat to man and either monsters or manned machines would try to stop him or get in a fight with him, but it was never like, oh, we need Godzilla as if you were putting the bat signal in the sky like the 60s and 70s got.

Back