Girl Mission - Judge (Judge Hershey clone?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u guys think this armour would fit on a true type male body?..i wanna make a judge dredd as i cant find anywahere that sells the medicom version!!..aint willing to pay $400 !!

You know Ashley Wood/3A is going to do a line of 2000AD figs, right? Tharg is the first release, which is supposedly happening soon, so Dredd has to be the second.

When is this coming out?

I placed my order and paid for the figure back in November but haven't received anything to date. I contacted Store-Rooms and they wrote back indicating that the figure hasn't been released yet. So, I'm guessing March or so at this point but nothing's been confirmed.

She finally arrived today. The figure comes in a plain, black cardboard box adorned with a sticker with some images of the assembled Hershey figure.

DSC000012.jpg

Inside is a nude female 1:6 body and all the clothing, accessories, hands/feet/head are packaged separately in small ziploc bags. This is definitely an unlicensed product, but I'm actually pleased with the "kit" and the apparent quality of the contents. You'll note the body has "impressive" proportions; I'm guessing she'd give Triad Toys' Lola figure a run for its money. I'm also guessing she had some strong upper back support incorporated into her armour.

DSC00002-6.jpg

I'll try and get her assembled this weekend and post some pictures side-by-side with the Medicom Judge Dredd figure. Since he also has somewhat soft facial features, I'm guessing they'll look good together.

Okay, here are some quick pics. I apologize in advance for the flash, but I wanted to get something up as quickly as possible. I'll try to take better photos when I have more time this weekend.

The outfit turned out much nicer than I thought, and all of the accessories are of high quality. The face is generic but attractive with slight Asian features, but is definitely NOT Diane Lane. Toughest part of the assembly? Getting her feet into those soft rubber boots.

DSC000032-1.jpg

So here is the figure, 99% complete. The only thing I haven't done is attach the metal chain from her neck to her badge, but Krazy Glue just wasn't doing the trick, so I'll have to resort to epoxy at some point.

DSC00004-2.jpg

This figure really makes you realize just how crappy Medicom's Dredd turned out. Notice the most glaring issue? Hershey's helmet is bigger than Dredd's, and even her hands and gauntlets appear slightly larger than Mr. Stallone's.

DSC00005-3.jpg

I swapped their helmets and they look much better. I tried swapping out the hands/gauntlets but Dredd's Medicom body can't accommodate the wrist pegs on Hershey's hands. It's also painfully apparent that Dredd's body is way undersized for the character. He should fill that bodysuit out, so I'll have to upgrade his body with something much bulkier and then attempt the hand swap one more time.

DSC00006-1.jpg

All in all, I'm very happy with the Hershey figure. Rather than use cheap re-casts of the accessories from Medi's Dredd, they upgraded pretty much every single part. And due to the size issues, this figure can also be used as a Dredd upgrade kit to correct some of the more glaring flaws with the original release.

Last edited:
Can you take some close up shots of the Lawgiver weapon?
Thanks

Here you go. Hershey's is on the left; Dredd's on the right. It's a much cleaner sculpt than Medicom's, with better paint apps and a removable clip. An improvement in every way.

DSC00009-2.jpg

Back