Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the peek it looks quite excellent. Just need the one Gimli rep so this or a PF will definitely do.

I am very glad I am picking up this line... Every single piece they have unveiled until now is amazing...
Gimli is scheduled to come after Arwen, is that correct?
Which means he we be most probably the last one for 2011?

looks unbelievable my favourite character at last
does gimli come before or after arwen i wonder
:hi5::panic::thud:

I am very glad I am picking up this line... Every single piece they have unveiled until now is amazing...
Gimli is scheduled to come after Arwen, is that correct?
Which means he we be most probably the last one for 2011?

I figured Arwen would come 1st, but now I'm not so sure. Either way, both should be available by SDCC with Boromir rounding out 2011. But who knows, with this line picking up momentum the way it is, SS may decide to increase production somewhat...certainly a possibility.

I chuckle to myself whenever someone says about the likeness of any Gimli piece. I'd think it's pretty hard to NOT get his likeness right, being as it is mainly hair with a nose and eyes sticking out! Most of John-Rhys-Davies face was prosthetics anyway, so it'd take a major ____-up to make any Gimli product look bad.
However the statue as a whole looks great, and i like the action pose for him. It suits him very well :D

The only bad news is i'm sure i'm gonna get sucked into this whole line :(

I chuckle to myself whenever someone says about the likeness of any Gimli piece. I'd think it's pretty hard to NOT get his likeness right, being as it is mainly hair with a nose and eyes sticking out! Most of John-Rhys-Davies face was prosthetics anyway, so it'd take a major ____-up to make any Gimli product look bad.
However the statue as a whole looks great, and i like the action pose for him. It suits him very well :D

The only bad news is i'm sure i'm gonna get sucked into this whole line :(

We'll then chuckle away.....:lol Personally, I think the likeness of Gimli [on Arod] is excellent. The 1/6 scale statue...not so much.

It won't be complete until the first of my moneys is transferred! Until then, i remain defiant. If, between now and when the GTG ships, they show a single statue i don't like the look of, it's bye bye Gandy! I could spend the money on the PF instead...

It won't be complete until the first of my moneys is transferred! Until then, i remain defiant. If, between now and when the GTG ships, they show a single statue i don't like the look of, it's bye bye Gandy! I could spend the money on the PF instead...

Well you remain defiant then, but with Gandalf shipping in the 2nd quarter, I don't think time is on your side. :impatient: I imagine we'll only see one more maquette before Gandalf ships and it'll be Gimli or Arwen......

I'm sure it's just the way its shot The Ween. The colour looks subdued overall in the image. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the final piece mate.

Bill

Oh I'm sure I won't. I like every one so far. Have to wait till they show the whole thing. He looks a bit thin too. :wink1:

even worse :monkey3

You and I both want a PF Gimli......BADLY! Just the costuming alone has me :drool

Back