Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not really the issue, and is not how Sideshow has demonstrated that the wait list conversions are happening.

They have one wait list for regular pay, and if one customer cancels their regular pay order, Sideshow will fulfill one customer from the regular pay wait list.

They have another wait list for flex pay, and if one customer cancels their flex pay order, Sideshow will fulfill one customer from the flex pay wait list.

Sideshow is not going in and fulfilling a wait list at regular pay when a flex pay customer cancels. Nope. :lecture

Last edited:
Unfortunately for you, Sideshow wants their money as soon as possible. So they are never going to take a normal WL that gets cancelled and give it to someone who wants to flex it when they have another customer who can pay as quickly as the original customer who cancelled was going to.

I hear what you are saying but that's the world of business for you.

I know, and I understand what you are saying that financially for them, they get their money faster. However, from a customer stand point, and a customer service standpoint, that is pure greed. It just rewards those who may be richer, or have more disposable income verses those who occasionally need to use the Flex system that they provide people. I guess now I know that that's the game they play, and if I really want a waitlist item, to never use Flex because I'm going to be sh** out of luck.

Unless you have proof that there are unethical things SS or any company is doing we won't be tossing those terms around. Thank you :)

If you get on the wait list for item #2000851, then your wait list will convert if one of those orders is cancelled.

If you go to a different page on the site and instead get on the wait list for item #2000851FLEX, then your wait list will convert if one of those orders is cancelled.

I think it is still important to realize that SSC doesn't need to have a WL system in place, but they do because they can see their customers use it.

At least appreciate the fact the SSC is under no obligation to provide this, but does in hopes of making this easier for consumers.

I do appreciate the option of FlexPay, for sure. I don't use it too often, but it's those times of lower extra spending money (like around the holidays) that I like to take advantage of it.

I guess I originally didn't ask enough questions when I first inquired about wait lists.

Yeah, I think it's very unfair as well. I got on the waitlist for the EX Legolas on September 5th (FlexPay) and I am sitting here watching people who didn't get on the wait list until the very end of September or some even in October (full pay) who are converting while I am being screwed out of an EX.

So, I do not think it's fair one bit. :mad:

No, it isn't. If it's about 'greed' and wanting the money ASAP, well, with Flexpay, they only have to wait 3 months to get it all paid to them.
But maybe it's just something silly like it's an automated system where they have a 'cue' of waitlists for regular orders and a 'cue' for flexpay orders, and every time someone cancels from one of these cues the computer automatically selects the next person down, so it's easier to leave it to computer selection than manually going in and checking everyones waitlist.

I hope this makes sense to everyone else :lol

Made perfect sense to me FE. And that is most likely exactly what is happening. I get it from the business side, but it kind of blows from the customer side.

I would say, from my own perspective, if there were a piece I really truly wanted to obtain via wait list, I would order one by regular pay and one by flex pay. And I know you can't do that, but what I'm saying is I'm certain I could find a "friend" around these parts to make the second order for me. But only if I really really had to have this piece and had somehow neglected to order it...

Really looking forward to this release. Hoping that this one will receive the PF treatment.

I'm starting to get excited about February. Even if taxes don't go well this year, I should have enough birthday funds to not have to cancel anything that's shipping that month.

gimli in febuary and boromir in april? thats kinda tight...but sweet. thats something to look forward to for all LOTR fans next year. any news if were gonna see any hobbits soon?

Yep. A little earlier than expected.

"Dear _____,

Your pre-order of the Gimli Statue - Sideshow Exclusive Version (2001301) will be arriving into our US warehouse in approximately 15 days at which time we will charge your card for the item."

Not certain I'm going to keep it, as my New year's resolution is toning down my collecting, so if anybody is interested in an EX, let me know...

Back