GIMLI Customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is 100% DiD?

P1010081-1.jpg

So this is 100% DiD?

P1010081-1.jpg

Does anyone know?

Yep,
that's it, I just got my DiD in the mail, it's actually pretty nice,
I'm going to customize it with my ToyBiz as well...
I'm not sure how exactly!
I do have Timeline's chainmail, and DiD Frodo's cloak for him, so this should be interesting...

By the way, I have now an extra set of DiD Gimli's Axes if anybody's interested, PM for details!

Thanks kuzeh. I just had a buddy of mine by it for me for Xmas and I wanted to make sure this was the bigger one before he pulled the trigger. :duff

So this is 100% DiD?

P1010081-1.jpg

Sorry I couldn't answer this for you, pix... I have to sleep sometimes! But yeah, it's all DiD. People seem to like the ToyBiz sculpt better for some reason, but to me this one actually looks a lot more like John Rhys-Davies. The beard is also larger and more screen-accurate, imo. With a good repaint and a few accurized parts, this will be my "ultimate" Gimli. :D

Received my DID Gimli today and love the weapons. Have all the chain maile ready and will be putting the TS sculpt on the DiD body. I want to paint him up tomorrow but we'll see.
I want to keep the boots and hands from the TB as I think they look better.

Last edited:
I am using the Timeline maile. I also have the olof the viking but he's staying in place for now. I keep looking for you guys that do not have it.

Sorry I couldn't answer this for you, pix... I have to sleep sometimes! But yeah, it's all DiD. People seem to like the ToyBiz sculpt better for some reason, but to me this one actually looks a lot more like John Rhys-Davies. The beard is also larger and more screen-accurate, imo. With a good repaint and a few accurized parts, this will be my "ultimate" Gimli. :D

Thanks Mudshark. I'm with you. Everything I have seen of the DiD Gimli suggest its better to me. How are the weapons?

The TB Gimli was the best figure they did in the whole line. I do think the likeness is much better than DiD too - I'm pretty sure DiD didn't even try for likenesses. I really wish I could find mine - I have at least 2 TB Gimlis and 1 Did - somewhere.

Back