GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

New Trubble Bubble!

Vehicle_Ram_v_Trouble.jpg

Hasbro's 12-inchers suck.

I'm all about the new vehicles and I love the Tele-Viper, Clutch, Steeler, Cartoon Lady Jaye! :rock

That Flight Pod is nice. Hope is stays together better than the 97 version :p

Those 12 inchers are the suck. Hate the sculpted clothes on body parts.

Thankfully Sideshow will far outshine these. I have a dream that no collector need ever be tempted to buy a Hasblo 12" again because no one else is making a better version!

I picked up the Crimson Twins and CrimsonGurad/Scarface Trooper Comic Packs at Walmart half an hour ago :rock

New 25th Stuff from ToyFair!

Figures, Vehicles, BattlePacks, Playsets and More!

https://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2008_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FGIJoe&start=0

BETTER & More Photos here:

https://photos.yojoe.com/showgallery.php?cat=603

so far i am slightly dissapointed....highlights are B.A.T, Clutch, tele-viper, steeler?, and some of the vehicles.....wheres more new figures? I dont want to see rehashes and repaints and figures we have already seen come on Sideshow dont let us down like hasbro

Anyone know what that is on the right side of the battle pack? A book? A DVD?

Dvd of the 80's cartoon...they all come with a different cartoon I believe

They most certainly are :) Each battle pack will come with cartoons/mini-series they're based on (Arise Serpentor, MASS Device, etc). And there will also be a battle pack based on the 87 movie, which I'm sure a lot of people will be happy about since it's been OOP on dvd for a while now.

As for this weekends showings....I was kind of happy to see a focus on vehicles, even though I'll probably pass on most for space reasons. I'm hoping to see more figures unveiled in the coming months. And of course, I'm itching to see Sideshow's stuff.

Just picked up Stalker and the Cobra Elite Trooper (cool figure). I really need a Firefly figure though and a Flint from the first release.

I am old enough to have had the "original 12" action figure" GI Joe.
We who have owned that product find the GI Joe lines that came after were, well, GUNK! If SS does a special military series I'm in. SS and others have thrived because of the lack of detail to the Joe figures, not in spite of it. Just do it right. Oh no, I hope this is not the answer to the military line.

I hope you were refering to the 12" HOF figures as GUNK, and not the small RAH figures. No other toy line compares to them.

Yup. The aircraft carrier took balls to produce and make a toy of that size. You won't ever see anything made like it again.

I remember entering a contest trying to figure out where Cobras secret base was to win that sucker.. I guess the Volcano... and it was a base.. but not the base. :monkey2 But Hawk made me an Honorary Joe!! :rock

Yup. The aircraft carrier took balls to produce and make a toy of that size. You won't ever see anything made like it again.

If toys like that were made today, I think video games would have a lot more competition. But I guess it's just a generational thing.

If toys like that were made today, I think video games would have a lot more competition. But I guess it's just a generational thing.

Yeah man I remember back in the day every toy (Even Captain Power) had a huge base... but GI Joe was always the King. And the Flagg is just ridiculous.

Back