GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some news from Joecon.

People asked about the ComicCon exclusive reveal as well, and the Hasbro guys did speak on that a bit. They said the set would be large and would “fill a hole” that has been created by some of the previous sets. John also said we might be surprised by the number of 3 3/4″ figures included in the set. From conversation it sounded like they wouldn’t be doing a single-pack carded exclusive this year

Flag Points Episode 40, with a guest appearance by me is live!

You can listen directly at the Podbean site: Flag Points » Blog Archive » Flag Points #40 - 1/18th Toys
Flagpoints is also on iTunes and on Stitcher for free.
Flagpoints is a GI Joe podcast but in this episode we discuss 1/18 military scale toys and models. So if you like GI Joe, toys, militaria or just want to hear a member on the net-waves, check it out!
I was pretty nervous and did a lot of laughing and made a couple of errors (Sorry T-34 tank). In the end I had a great time and I hope I got a few more people interested.

Some news from Joecon.

People asked about the ComicCon exclusive reveal as well, and the Hasbro guys did speak on that a bit. They said the set would be large and would “fill a hole” that has been created by some of the previous sets. John also said we might be surprised by the number of 3 3/4″ figures included in the set. From conversation it sounded like they wouldn’t be doing a single-pack carded exclusive this year

rumor it being Cobra La (pythona,Snake CC,Gobulus) with other joes

I'm getting it...the 25th line is still alive, just renamed...the collector club keeps it alive too

I hope they keep doing more vehicles and maybe a 83 GI Joe HQ reissue

I'm getting it...the 25th line is still alive, just renamed...the collector club keeps it alive too

I hope they keep doing more vehicles and maybe a 83 GI Joe HQ reissue

:rock

The original came out close to the time I stopped collecting Joes and it was always something I wanted. I still have my HQ, but I'd love an updated version that paid homage to the original like this does.

Flag Points Episode 40, with a guest appearance by me is live!

You can listen directly at the Podbean site: Flag Points » Blog Archive » Flag Points #40 - 1/18th Toys
Flagpoints is also on iTunes and on Stitcher for free.
Flagpoints is a GI Joe podcast but in this episode we discuss 1/18 military scale toys and models. So if you like GI Joe, toys, militaria or just want to hear a member on the net-waves, check it out!
I was pretty nervous and did a lot of laughing and made a couple of errors (Sorry T-34 tank). In the end I had a great time and I hope I got a few more people interested.

If you haven't checked this out, give it a listen. You can hear me make multiple factual errors and say "you know" literally dozens of times!

I just saw this over on USA Today :)dunno). I don't really like the Transformers crossovers with Joe, but the Jetfire Skystriker is pretty awesome looking!
SDCC Exclusive:
  • Autobot Jetfire as Skystriker
  • Autobot Hound as VAMP Jeep
  • Snake-Eyes with an Autobot logo
  • Baroness
  • Decepticon Ravage
  • Decepticon Bludgeon
Price is $99
1370450380001hasbro2013.jpg

1370453687000jetfire130.jpg

1370450754004hasbro2013.jpg

1370451337000hasbro2013.jpg

1370455754000baroness13.jpg

1370450365000blaster130.jpg

1370455874000bludgeon13.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, the Baroness walking Ravage is :hi5: , wasn't someone doing a statue like this?

Ww.. Nice job hasbro. That really fills a hole in my collection like you said at joe con.

yup, snake eyes with green pants. Everyone was screaming for that one. And bludgeon ? Man people have been begging for that. Another (admittedly cool looking) baroness. Yup, we needed that.
And a redecoed vamp and another sky strike that looks like a varatech this time.

Mn, you sure delivered on your primes of filling holes in people's collections with this years sdcc joe offering. And just like you said. More figures than ever before. 3?! Holy crap that's, like, one LESS than last year!

Wait a second.....

Is it a cool exclusive? Yes.
Is it anything at all like what hasbro said it would be?
Nope.

Unless there is another sdcc ex yet to be shown.

Does anyone know why Hasbro is abandoning the Cross Over exclusives after this year? They have been a solid seller and relatively easy additions considering they're just repainting their old molds? I was hoping we would see Prime and Megatron before it was all over. Hasbro does appear to have trouble keeping a good thing going and it can really frustrate me sometimes. Anyone know the whole story?

Ww.. Nice job hasbro. That really fills a hole in my collection like you said at joe con. yup, snake eyes with green pants. Everyone was screaming for that one. And bludgeon ? Man people have been begging for that. Another (admittedly cool looking) baroness. Yup, we needed that.
And a redecoed vamp and another sky strike that looks like a varatech this time.

Mn, you sure delivered on your primes of filling holes in people's collections with this years sdcc joe offering. And just like you said. More figures than ever before. 3?! Holy crap that's, like, one LESS than last year!

Wait a second.....

Is it a cool exclusive? Yes.
Is it anything at all like what hasbro said it would be?
Nope.

Unless there is another sdcc ex yet to be shown.

Hasbro are idiotic at times...filling the holes in our collection would be figures like Cobra La remainders Gobulus/Pythona (which was rumored) and figures like Raptor,Fast Draw,Crystal Ball etc and the Joe Con boxed set figures like Muskrat and Psyche-out in their "classic" colors (where they belong)

their Joe exclusive sucks this year....only thing I'm interested in is their black series 6" Fett

Back