Statue Ghost in the Shell: Mixed-Media 1/4 Scale Statue - The Major by Weta Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessin they can't zoom out on those huge pictures, would make it pretty hard to see anything. Make them smaller and resend, should get a better response then.

Is this sarcastic? Weta told me that they cant zoom in. Here i posted an overview about the defects.
I send weta detailed pictures like this one:
(right klick on the picture and ´show picture´, than the picture is in full resolution)
wetaghost-1.jpg

Don't get mad at me here. Just saying, treat them like idiots that can't zoom and provide pictures they can view right away.

If Weta still gives you excuses then, time to play hardball. :(

So after i have send the old statue back they send me a new one.
But the quality on the new one is bad.
- scratches on the white PCV
- a hole where you must put the right foot in (through the hole you can look into the base, ok when the foot is in, you can´t see it but its a defect!)
- a little chip on the foothole
- on the left wrist there is a badly repaired and painted defect
And the best is that weta say that they can nothing do for me because that is a replacement figure!
A full refund is a option but when i take it i must best a lot of money for a new one because this statue is sold out here.

Some pics (it was not easy to make this pics, sorry for that):
hole1.jpg

mwrist-1.jpg

So its not possible what weta does. After i send the second statue back to the EU-Warehouse it took a month for them to answer.
Now they want to tell me that the Major is out of stock in the EU-Warehouse and i can order a new one in New Zealand.
But when i oder a new one i must pay shipping costs and the taxes here in germany again. And please understand my problem, the german customs office take the item-price and added the shipping costs on top and this price they take as a basis to calculate the taxes of 19%. So i will lost about 80 to 100Euro when i must order again. And because of the long processing time i cant claim back my taxes that i have payed for this.
I make the suggestion that weta can redirect the package to the EU-Warehouse and then send it to me.
They say that this is not possible but why? When i make a direct order from New Zealand they also send it to the EU.
Weta say that they can refund me but i paid 470Euro here in germany inclusive shipping and taxes and when i look on the weta shop page the Major costs about 390Euro so i will lost 80Euro on one statue. I tell weta that this is not acceptable!

So its not possible what weta does. After i send the second statue back to the EU-Warehouse it took a month for them to answer.
Now they want to tell me that the Major is out of stock in the EU-Warehouse and i can order a new one in New Zealand.
But when i oder a new one i must pay shipping costs and the taxes here in germany again. And please understand my problem, the german customs office take the item-price and added the shipping costs on top and this price they take as a basis to calculate the taxes of 19%. So i will lost about 80 to 100Euro when i must order again. And because of the long processing time i cant claim back my taxes that i have payed for this.
I make the suggestion that weta can redirect the package to the EU-Warehouse and then send it to me.
They say that this is not possible but why? When i make a direct order from New Zealand they also send it to the EU.
Weta say that they can refund me but i paid 470Euro here in germany inclusive shipping and taxes and when i look on the weta shop page the Major costs about 390Euro so i will lost 80Euro on one statue. I tell weta that this is not acceptable!

For what it's worth, the Weta page shows prices without taxes. If your statue had been in stock in the EU, you would've had to pay the extra 21% in taxes at check out, so no, your statue would not have cost just 390 euro's. It would've been pretty close to the 470 euro's you paid.

Wow, sorry you've been having those issues. That really sucks. :(

I like the movie, definitely worth 3D experience, but not this statue. Don't like The Major's face. Might go for Threezero's 1/6 doll instead.

Thanks 🙂

I had a digital 3D artist alter a sculpt he had made of Scarlet to suit this character then gave him the dimensions. It was then painted and rooted by a good painter. I just pulled the old head off.

Back