ghost - cirice video

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so then go watch a movie. music is about music, not the costumes they wear.

Zakk will cave Papa's head in with his boot.:wink1:

The Irony being that Zakk's voice to a black metal fan would sound awful because there is no screaming or growling.
(In fact some really hardcore fan could say Black Label Society is nothing but just hard rock, doesn't even count as real metal :lol) to a cannibal Corpse fan Black Label Society sounds as soft as pop music lol.

And if you wanna get technical Zakk's voice is not that different than Ghost (since again, there is no growling in that song) If anything the singer of ghost sounds more creepy than Zakk in some songs... just saying. Black Label is not even the best example of something harder.

about going to a show like that, then stay home and listen to a record :lol
or buy a dvd of the band and play it, what's the point lol. (Unless people go to shows to get drunk and mosh ) Most bands will have some kind of theatrics for shows.
either a screen playing clips or fireworks or dancers on stage. specially if they can afford it.

The Irony being that Zakk's voice to a black metal fan would sound awful because there is no screaming or growling.
(In fact some really hardcore fan could say Black Label Society is nothing but just hard rock, doesn't even count as real metal :lol) to a cannibal Corpse fan Black Label Society sounds as soft as pop music lol.

And if you wanna get technical Zakk's voice is not that different than Ghost (since again, there is no growling in that song) If anything the singer of ghost sounds more creepy than Zakk in some songs... just saying. Black Label is not even the best example of something harder.

about going to a show like that, then stay home and listen to a record :lol
or buy a dvd of the band and play it, what's the point lol. (Unless people go to shows to get drunk and mosh ) Most bands will have some kind of theatrics for shows.
either a screen playing clips or fireworks or dancers on stage. specially if they can afford it.

i posted the video specifically to show that "creepy" or "ghostly" figures can still be in the video without the band being the monsters. i agree with everything you say above. its just that all bands do put on a "show" when they perform, for the most part. there are bands that just play. like megadeth.

the bands play to the audience. megadeth fans want thrash metal, not theatrics. metallica fans, because of the insane budgets, usually get both. since justice anyway.

but fans of metal don't care about the show part as much as they do about seeing their bands live and loud and drunk and stoned.

now, i don't know a damn thing about black metal, goth metal or death metal because i think its total garbage. i like trivium, and when they start that screaming crap i hit next. i know people love it, its not for me.

the reason i was compelled to comment here is because the music is moving. no denying that. it creeps me out. what i don't like is the need to dress up. i don't care if its Cher. i hate when musicians dress any differently then they would on the street.

thats the hard core, anti MTV(back when MTV was relevant) revolter in me. my favorite musicians made videos, and they sucked! it was just dudes playing the song. over the years, everyone started in with the videos being little movies with a soundtrack and i never liked or cared about it. i can't stand bands or anyone that does stuff to fit in or to draw attention. just be you, and if you are good enough, the other BS is not needed or missed.

if this ghost band was just 4 dudes rocking out, i would probably be interested in hearing more. but the skeleton face paint and the satanic stuff is not what draws me to music. it does, however invoke emotion, just the wrong kind for me personally.

i posted the video specifically to show that "creepy" or "ghostly" figures can still be in the video without the band being the monsters. i agree with everything you say above. its just that all bands do put on a "show" when they perform, for the most part. there are bands that just play. like megadeth.

the bands play to the audience. megadeth fans want thrash metal, not theatrics. metallica fans, because of the insane budgets, usually get both. since justice anyway.

but fans of metal don't care about the show part as much as they do about seeing their bands live and loud and drunk and stoned.

now, i don't know a damn thing about black metal, goth metal or death metal because i think its total garbage. i like trivium, and when they start that screaming crap i hit next. i know people love it, its not for me.

the reason i was compelled to comment here is because the music is moving. no denying that. it creeps me out. what i don't like is the need to dress up. i don't care if its Cher. i hate when musicians dress any differently then they would on the street.

thats the hard core, anti MTV(back when MTV was relevant) revolter in me. my favorite musicians made videos, and they sucked! it was just dudes playing the song. over the years, everyone started in with the videos being little movies with a soundtrack and i never liked or cared about it. i can't stand bands or anyone that does stuff to fit in or to draw attention. just be you, and if you are good enough, the other BS is not needed or missed.

if this ghost band was just 4 dudes rocking out, i would probably be interested in hearing more. but the skeleton face paint and the satanic stuff is not what draws me to music. it does, however invoke emotion, just the wrong kind for me personally.

if the music is as good as you think it is, then their dressing up wouldn't matter. Specially if you wouldn't care if it was Cher.

Im not saying you have to love them or anything but when people attack them because of their get up and theatrics I think that's really weird because that kind of theatricality has been missing from Metal from at least the last 2 decades.
If every other band was doing it I would even understand people's hate towards their image. But the last time we saw something like this was in the 90s with Manson. 20 years ago....
and before that we saw it with King Diamond, 30 years ago. so if anything right now Ghost is a breath of fresh air in that sense.

if the music is as good as you think it is, then their dressing up wouldn't matter. Specially if you wouldn't care if it was Cher.

Im not saying you have to love them or anything but when people attack them because of their get up and theatrics I think that's really weird because that kind of theatricality has been missing from Metal from at least the last 2 decades.
If every other band was doing it I would even understand people's hate towards their image. But the last time we saw something like this was in the 90s with Manson. 20 years ago....
and before that we saw it with King Diamond, 30 years ago. so if anything right now Ghost is a breath of fresh air in that sense.

it is a breath of fresh air if you like that stuff. i never liked Manson or King Diamond, and it had nothing to do with music. Same with GWAR and Slipknot and Mushroomhead.

actually, musically, mushroomhead is bad ass. i just don't know what it is, but when a band gets into ANYTHING more than, my name is John Smith and i play this kind of music, i lose interest. it kinda changes their credibility as a musician to me, which isn't fair but i do discriminate against them for it.

perhaps because I've played guitar since 7th grade, and worshipped the Master of Puppets era metallica that at that time, declined videos and radio play. yet still became huge. that was rare back then.

i also tend to get turned off to this metal=satan stuff. again, musical credibility takes a hit for me.

when i first watched the video, i couldnt turn it off though. it was like a 5 year old starring terrified at a clown....it almost puts you into a trance with an unfamiliar uneasy feeling.

they are performers, but part of me feels at odds because i feel like I'm agreeing with their satanic beliefs if i watch it. I'm not religious in the least, but i don't believe in satanism either. come to think of it...i also detest Stryper.

anyway, ill get out of here. enjoy your band. and don't be hard on the guys in jeans. the guys in jeans are the fabric of our country. instead of a hard hat, they have a guitar, and know how to play it.

Back