GGS Obi-Wan ANH bust!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think any quibbles about the GG ANH Obi Wan mini bust are fairly minor ones, especially given the price. Even if you think the SSC PF is better this is a fraction of the cost and still one of the best pieces GG has released recently.

The fans were waiting for this for a long time and IMO GG knocked it out of the park. I'll certainly be adding him to my small GG collection.

Very pleased with it:cool:

More info. out in GGS web page now!!!
popup_1.jpg

popup_2.jpg

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=WEB9731

Looks nice from the other angle also.

I'm very glad that this isn't a con exclusive or some other such nonsense.

I think we can all agree both are instantly recognizable, and for me that's good enough. It doesn't keep me awake at night wondering if a wrinkle is in the right place or not. If the final product ends up this good, I won't pass on it.

I wonder if the Star Wars GG pieces will ever get to a point I can finally afford a complete collection. Man I regret not getting in when that first Boba Fett was announced. Ah well, can't have 'em all...

I'm having a little difficulty with this piece. While I think it looks like Obi Wan, the first thing I think about when I see it is Theoden. I just can't help it, from the proto and now to the actual in hand piece it throws me.

Maybe in-hand it will be different, it could just be a 2D picture, where in 3D it might look great. Can't wait for more people to actually get them and let us know how it looks in person.

Looks good, deffinately glad to have it on order, but as a general GG comment, it saddens me that their humans have more of a gloss to them in the portraits than the more matte finish earlier pieces like Obi-Wan AOTC had. Now I only own AOTC Obi-Wan and Jedi Luke so far for humans, so I don't know when the change from matte finish to a more glossy look occurred, but I'm not a fan of it, the matte finish is one thing I like about many Sideshow figures, Obi-Wan, Boromir, they have a very matte finish which adds an element of realism I think.

I agree with Maulfan, that shine factor takes an element away from the human likeness. The bust would look much better without that glossy look...otherwise it does bear a striking resemblance to Alec Guinness...

Back